Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

DEC 12, 2023
[...]

On the stand, Dykes says Beltran, a rapper, was an investment and that the two were never intimate.

[...]

Dykes denied stabbing Botello, saying she did not come in contact with the 23-year-old and wasn't aware of any issues until the FBI called her. The murder suspect claimed she wasn't even home at the time of the stabbing.

[...]

Dykes claims she went with Marano, who is an attorney, to a FedEx distribution center in Hutchins that morning to try and locate some legal documents Marano needed.

The prosecution maintains the two women were instead dumping Botello's body in nearby Wilmer.

[...]

Dykes said the package wasn't there, so they went back home. She also said that Beltran was a violent person who used to beat his dog and carried a gun at all times, contradicting previous witnesses who described Beltran as someone who avoided conflict.

[...]

"We cut the monitors off because we both felt very much persecuted in this case," Dykes said. "I did nothing but work and raise children all my life. Why would I even be suspected in this?"

[...]

The prosecution will continue its cross-examination of Lisa Dykes on Wednesday.

DEC 12, 2023
[...]

On Tuesday morning, jurors also heard from the former lead detective Christine Ramirez. A three-day hearing earlier this year revealed Ramirez failed to turn over hundreds of pieces of evidence until just before Marano’s initial trial date.

[...]

Harris’ questioning of Ramirez honed in on missing body-camera footage of officers interviewing witnesses who said they saw Botello after her disappearance and faulty information contained in arrest-warrant affidavits. The two also sparred over Beltran’s version of what happened to Botello. Ramirez interviewed Beltran after he was arrested in Utah, according to testimony.

State District Judge Nancy Mulder allowed Harris to treat Ramirez as a hostile witness, someone who is typically not cooperating with the lawyer who called them to the stand.

[...]

When asked, Ramirez said personal issues interfered with the investigation and agreed with Harris that she “dropped the ball” on the case.

“I forgot to actually send over the videos,” Ramirez said. “When I caught it, I corrected it right away. It was an honest mistake.”

[...]

DEC 12, 2023
[...]

On the stand, Dykes says Beltran, a rapper, was an investment and that the two were never intimate.

[...]

Dykes denied stabbing Botello, saying she did not come in contact with the 23-year-old and wasn't aware of any issues until the FBI called her. The murder suspect claimed she wasn't even home at the time of the stabbing.

[...]

Dykes claims she went with Marano, who is an attorney, to a FedEx distribution center in Hutchins that morning to try and locate some legal documents Marano needed.

The prosecution maintains the two women were instead dumping Botello's body in nearby Wilmer.

[...]

Dykes said the package wasn't there, so they went back home. She also said that Beltran was a violent person who used to beat his dog and carried a gun at all times, contradicting previous witnesses who described Beltran as someone who avoided conflict.

[...]

"We cut the monitors off because we both felt very much persecuted in this case," Dykes said. "I did nothing but work and raise children all my life. Why would I even be suspected in this?"

[...]

The prosecution will continue its cross-examination of Lisa Dykes on Wednesday.

The irony - the fact that Beltran was likely a philanderer might work in his favor now. MOO. There is probably no shortage of women being able to tell about his sexual preferences. I bet aggression is not one of them. Rather, the opposite, this toy boy/failed rapper must have been secretly humiliated by his role of a "kept man" and probably, treated the women that he himself chose nicely, as they boosted his sense of machismo. I doubt he hurt Marisella, he probably just tried to prove to her what a great man he was, and then they both fell asleep. I feel that murder was Lisa's doing. RIP, Marisela, so sorry for her mother.

This will be the last post of the week - as I am getting a new laptop - mine is dying... So please keep good notes - and hopefully I shall be back by Friday - maybe even Saturday.

Wednesday, Dec. 13th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX south of Dallas) - *Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 60) (aka Lisa Beltran & Lisa Ahmed) arrest warrant out (3/25/21) & arrested (in Orange County, FL on 3/27/21), charged (3/27/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Released (5/4/21) on bond & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 Bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back in Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial began on 12/4/23 with jury selection. A 12-person jury & 2 alternates (6 women & 8 men).
Trial began on 12/5/23 with opening statements. Prosecutors rested their case on 12/12/23. Defense began their case on 12/12/23.
Judge Nancy Mulder. DA Robin R. Pittman & Defense attorney Heath Harris, retained.

Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 11/20/23 & Trial Day 1-5 (12/5-12/11/23) reference post #720 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-36

12/12/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 6: State witness: Former lead detective Christine Ramirez. Prosecutor rested their case.
Defense witness: Lisa Dykes, will continue tomorrow with cross-exam.
For more info see posts 723 & 724 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-37
Trial continues on Wednesday, 12/13/23.

*Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 34) – Pretrial hearing on 4/4/24 & trial set to begin on 4/15/24.
*Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 52) – Pretrial hearing on 1/25/24. & trial set to begin on 2/20/24.

Verdict watch!
Wow, verdict in 90 minutes!
t2742.gif

Noting:

The lead prosecutor in the case tells FOX 4 this is the quickest verdict she's gotten in any of her felony cases.

The verdict came so quickly, it took some time for the court to locate the attorneys and family members.

Botello's brother gave a victim-impact statement on behalf of the family during the sentencing phase.

"I had my friends, but every day I had that person who I could just talk to, have those conversations you typically don't have with your parents," Luis Botello-Valadez told the jury. "I see my mom every day doing her best as being the loving mother that she's always been. She's always taking care of us despite us losing our sister, their first-born child."

YESSSSS! JUSTICE FOR MARISELA!!

What a case.
I just finished watching the entire trial, Lisa has extremely bad energy and she made her voice so gentle and controlled and kept looking at the jurors individually which made me feel like she was trying hard to sell.
and Chuck did a great job, I was surprised to see a side of him that seemed genuine and honest, didn’t think he had any of that left.

I can’t lie I was cracking up while they played his terrible music video in court, that 2nd hand embarrassment was immense lol

Going to be a sad Christmas at the Botello house :( sending them love and hopes of relief from their enduring pain.

Thursday, January 25th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8am & 9:30am ET) – TX – Marisela Botello-Valadez (23) (Missing Oct. 5, 2020 while visiting ex in Dallas from Seattle, found deceased on Mar. 24, 2021 in a wooded area near E. Belt Line Rd & Post Oak Rd in Wilmer, TX) - *Nina Tamar Marano (49/now 52) (aka Nina Tamara Oliver & Nina Beltran) arrested (in Miami, FL on 3/25/21), charged (3/25/21) & indicted (6/14/21) with murder (dismissed on 12/8/23) & tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. (Was in Miami-Dade County jail-Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center & transferred to Dallas County jail on 4/9/21). Bonded out (4/29/21) & must wear ankle monitor. On 12/27/21 bond held insufficient & bond not allowed. Warrant out for arrest; cut off ankle bracelet & has fled. Extradited back to Texas on 5/24/22. Bond set at $4M.
Trial was set to begin on 1/23/23 was tentatively scheduled on 3/27/23. And was severed from Dykes. New Judge Nancy Mulder.
Case transferred from Judicial District Court 282nd (Judge Ray Wheless) to Criminal District Court #6 on 4/11/23.
DA Robin R. Pittman. Defense attorney Valerie D. Baston, retained.
Trial set to begin on 2/20/24.

Case & Court info from 3/24/21 to 4/11/23 reference post #661 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...from-seattle-5-oct-2020-arrest.547153/page-34

5/19/23 Update: Next attorney follow up hearing on 6/9/23 @ 9am. 6/9/23 Update: Per FB: As per usual nothing is happening today. Angela King is a misdemeanor judge she isn't the one that is going to be handling the case. Judge Nancy Mulder will be presiding. June 27th will be a sit down with attorneys, no live streaming & then from there hopefully trial starts.
7/31/23 Update: Motion. Reveal any agreement with a witness that could influence his testimony. 8/2/23: Subpoena application. 8/10/23: Summons court witness appearance. Next pretrial hearing on 1/25/24 @ 8am & 9:30am & trial set to begin on 2/20/24.
12/8/23 Update: Notice of Disposition. Case #F-21-75475 [Murder] is dismissed. Additional credit for time served. Defendant in jail-case dismissed on motion of DA. Return any & all warrants on this case only. Still charged with tampering with physical evidence [Case #F-21-75652].
*Charles Anthony Beltrán (31/now 34) – Pretrial hearing on 4/4/24. Trial set to begin on 4/15/24.
*Lisa Jo Ahmed Dykes (57/now 60) – Found guilty of all charges-sentenced (12/13/23) to life in prison for murder & additional 20 years for tampering, plus $10K fine for each charge.

Was wondering if anyone reading here can access this court site:

courtsportal.dallascounty.org

That is the new Dallas County court site that I have not been able to get into.

I was wondering IF Marano had another hearing before her trial on 2/20/24?
Looking for F-2175652 Tampering. Her murder case F-2175475 was dismissed...

TIA if anyone can help!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Was wondering if anyone reading here can access this court site:

courtsportal.dallascounty.org

That is the new Dallas County court site that I have not been able to get into.

I was wondering IF Marano had another hearing before her trial on 2/20/24?
Looking for F-2175652 Tampering. Her murder case F-2175475 was dismissed...

TIA if anyone can help!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

F-21-75652 | THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. MARANO NINA TAMAR
1 TAMP/FAB PHYS EVID W/INTENT IMPAIR HUM CORPSE 37.09 (C)2ND DEGREE FELONY
  • 01/25/2024 OTHER
    Judicial Officer MULDER, NANCY
    Hearing Time 9:30 AM
    Comment PTH on F2175475
  • 02/20/2024 OTHER
    Comment TBJ on F2175475
  • 03/21/2024 PRE-TRIAL HEARING
    Hearing Time 8:00 AM
    Comment Change of Venue Motion-BKN- 22019161 - North Tower / 7W10
    Comment Change of Venue Motion
  • 06/24/2024 TRIAL

F-21-75652 | THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. MARANO NINA TAMAR
1 TAMP/FAB PHYS EVID W/INTENT IMPAIR HUM CORPSE 37.09 (C)2ND DEGREE FELONY
  • 01/25/2024 OTHER
    Comment PTH on F2175475
  • 02/20/2024 OTHER
    Comment TBJ on F2175475
    Hearing Time 8:00 AM
    Comment Change of Venue Motion-BKN- 22019161 - North Tower / 7W10
    Comment Change of Venue Motion
  • 06/24/2024 TRIAL

Oh no - trial moved??!! Dang.
THANK YOU!! @PommyMommy

Can I ask you to look up Charles Beltran - for some reason I have 2 case #s - / F23-014674 & F-23-00799/tampering

and his murder charge #F-2175474 was dismissed - so do not need that one.

TIA! :)

Oh no - trial moved??!! Dang.
THANK YOU!! @PommyMommy

Can I ask you to look up Charles Beltran - for some reason I have 2 case #s - / F23-014674 & F-23-00799/tampering

and his murder charge #F-2175474 was dismissed - so do not need that one.

TIA! :)
Nothing comes up for F-23-014674 ("No cases match your search") but here's the tampering case.

F-23-00799 | STATE OF TEXAS VS BELTRAN, CHARLES
1 TAMPER/FABRICATE PHYS EVID W/INTENT TO IMPAIR 37.09(c) PC3RD DEGREE FELONY

02/07/2024 ANNOUNCEMENT
Hearing Time 9:00 AM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads