GUILTY TX - Molly Matheson, 22, strangled in her Fort Worth home, 10 Apr 2017 *Arrest*

I'm surprised there's not more chatter on this. Maybe she kept her door unlocked because she lived in such a nice area and took her safety for granted?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I have wondered that as well. Just because there were no obvious signs of forced entry, doesn't mean the killer was invited into her apartment. There was a recent apartment invasion case in TN in a nice neighborhood where a young woman was killed by a stranger because the lock on her door was broken and he just kept trying doors until one opened.

I have wondered that as well. Just because there were no obvious signs of forced entry, doesn't mean the killer was invited into her apartment. There was a recent apartment invasion case in TN in a nice neighborhood where a young woman was killed by a stranger because the lock on her door was broken and he just kept trying doors until one opened.
Was the apartment on ground level? It said a garage apartment but didn't know if it was above the garage. I couldn't really tell from the video either.

I'm surprised there's not more chatter on this. Maybe she kept her door unlocked because she lived in such a nice area and took her safety for granted?

I wonder. I looked at google maps and there seems to be an alley behind the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From post #6
CASAREZ: And Stacey, we`re looking at right now the home where she had the apartment, renting it above the garage, a very nice area near campus.

Was the apartment on ground level? It said a garage apartment but didn't know if it was above the garage. I couldn't really tell from the video either.

She could have been bringing things to and from her car, thus an unlocked door? Just speculating.

Hope they are check all the neighbors security cameras.
I wonder if there were 2 doors to enter through. One at the bottom at ground level and then again at the top of the stairs.

Molly's Twitter handle is @mollyjanee12. She seemed to be pretty active on Twitter and even mentioned living alone. :(

When I first began to read about Molly's story, I thought back on many, many years ago and a young woman who babysat for some people we knew. The father of the children would take the babysitter home and, eventually, he made sexual advances.

Years later, I moved (with my job) to a small town in a neighboring state and rented a very nice garage apartment. Twice, in the two years or so that I lived there, there came a knock on my door late at night and wee hours of the morning by two different men looking for a woman who had lived in that apartment prior to me. I asked the landlord about her, and they told me she had been a "call girl." That explained a lot, but it also frightened me, somewhat.

Hope they investigate who she babysat for and who lived in her apartment prior to her living there. Such a sad story for a beautiful, bright young lady. I pray this is resolved soon.

I'm curious, has anyone talked to the homeowners? I haven't seen or heard anything about them.

I wonder if she was dating anyone?

I wonder if she was dating anyone?

I've been reading through her Twitter and Facebook pages and I cannot determine if she was dating anyone. I don't think she had a serious boyfriend, based solely on reading those 2 social media accounts, but I can't say for sure. She mentions snapchat as well. I don't have a snapchat account so I don't know what she posted on there. I can't find an Instagram account for her, either, but that doesn't mean she didn't have one.

I read that she grew up in Florida and went to High School in Winter Park, then that she graduated High School in Fort Worth. Which one is it? Just a little confused. TIA if anyone can straighten me out. :)

I read that she grew up in Florida and went to High School in Winter Park, then that she graduated High School in Fort Worth. Which one is it? Just a little confused. TIA if anyone can straighten me out. :)

I think both are true. She started high school in FL and graduated from high school in TX. On her Twitter recently, she mentioned moving to TX seven years ago.

I would like to know more about the @man" who lives in the main house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Molly's obituary:

While Molly and her family moved to Texas in 2010, she considered Winter Park, Fla., to be her home. She was born May 18,1994, in Fairfax, Va. Molly and her family moved often in her early years, but settled in Winter Park when she was 3 years old. Molly attended Dommerich Elementary School, Maitland Middle School and Winter Park High School.

Molly graduated from Timber Creek High School in Keller, Texas.

read:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=molly-jane-matheson&pid=185102887&

She was the girl too afraid to answer the front door and too shy to speak to waiters at restaurants.

So it was a surprise to Molly Matheson’s brother when she visited him at college several years ago and soon connected with his friends better than he did.

“The girl who was too scared to order food was stealing my friends,” Nick Matheson said Tuesday afternoon at her funeral, recalling how his little sister had developed a unique, vibrant personality.

Hundreds filled McKinney Church in southwest Fort Worth to mourn Molly’s death as police continued to investigate her death.

(There's a short slide show of pictures from Molly's funeral at the article link):

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article145343749.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back