GUILTY TX - Molly Matheson, 22, strangled in her Fort Worth home, 10 Apr 2017 *Arrest*

It's so horrible what families go thru and how people suffer. Murders walk our streets knowing what they have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officers were called to the residence around 4:30 p.m. April 10 when she was found in a bathtub strangled, Fort Worth Police Officer Jimmy Pollozani said.

She was found at her apartment in the 2600 block of Waits Avenue, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Detectives investigating the case found no signs of forced entry, Pollozani said.

Pollozani wouldn’t say whether detectives had any suspects at this time.

Matheson was found by her mother, Sgt. Marcus Povero said.

“It’s such an awful thing,” family friend Lori Gallagher said. “I can’t even think how she would come in contact with somebody who would hurt her. That just wasn’t her world.”

Gallagher works with Matheson’s mother and said Matheson would come to their office to visit her mother.

“The thing that struck me the whole time I’ve known her was how devoted to her family she was,” Gallagher said. “And funny. She was very funny.”

Matheson was an upbeat and loving young lady who always helped with her brothers and was very close to her mother, Gallagher said.

http://collegian.tccd.edu/?p=32756

To be found in the bathtub strangled, makes me think the killer put her in there after the murder to try an get rid of DNA. That usually does not work so I think DNA is going to be there to convict this .

Either that, or else he accosted her when she was in the bathroom while getting ready, and as they fought, she fell backward into the tub... I do suspect though that the killer did not have the time to clean-up the crime scene, so hopefully their DNA will be present.

To be found in the bathtub strangled, makes me think the killer put her in there after the murder to try an get rid of DNA. That usually does not work so I think DNA is going to be there to convict this .

Either that, or else he accosted her when she was in the bathroom while getting ready, and as they fought, she fell backward into the tub... I do suspect though that the killer did not have the time to clean-up the crime scene, so hopefully their DNA will be present.
I'd like to know if the strangulation was with something else or the hands.

Contrary to popular belief, it takes about 3 minutes of direct pressure around the neck to kill someone.

And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't she a tall girl? Would have been harder for the perp if he was short. Maybe she was already in the tub? It didn't say if she was clothed or not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm checking online several times a day for any updates on this story as I know the Mathesons and can't imagine how awful it must be to not know who did this to their beautiful daughter. Praying the perpetrator is found soon.

I'm checking online several times a day for any updates on this story as I know the Mathesons and can't imagine how awful it must be to not know who did this to their beautiful daughter. Praying the perpetrator is found soon.

Welcome to Websleuths. It must be very hard to know the family and not have answers.

I'm very disturbed that this case hasn't been solved yet. I check the news throughout the day hoping for news of an arrest.

Welcome to Websleuths. It must be very hard to know the family and not have answers.

I'm very disturbed that this case hasn't been solved yet. I check the news throughout the day hoping for news of an arrest.

I'm disturbed as well. Hopefully there will be news of an arrest soon.

Just catching up
What a terrible thing
Hoping there was enough evidence left behind to make an arrest

Just catching up
What a terrible thing
Hoping there was enough evidence left behind to make an arrest
You know, anymore there just doesn't seem to be any fast answers. Heartbreaking for the family and frustrating for those of us who want to see justice for this young woman.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found anywhere stating whether she was sexually assaulted, though I would presume so. Just wondering about the motivation and what brand of monster is still roaming the streets. I wonder if it was someone who knew her somewhat intimately, if she had a stalker, or if it was something more random. :(

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't found anywhere stating whether she was sexually assaulted, though I would presume so. Just wondering about the motivation and what brand of monster is still roaming the streets. I wonder if it was someone who knew her somewhat intimately, if she had a stalker, or if it was something more random. :(

Very little information has been released about the exact nature of the crime. I agree with you that I assume it was a sexual motive, but we don't know for sure. We don't know if there was sexual assault. The Fort Worth media outlets aren't exactly publishing a lot of information about this case, which is disheartening.

Lack of answers in TCU-area strangulation case has women on edge

"I was thinking, I am in the exact same situation; this could’ve happened to me," said 25-year-old Emma Moseley. "I could’ve rented from that person. I could’ve been in that house."

Moseley didn't know Matheson, but the two shared plenty in common.They're both young women, living alone in Fort Worth garage apartments. It was in Matheson's apartment, right near the TCU campus, that police say she was murdered nearly two weeks ago. Her own mother discovered her body in the apartment bathroom. Police say there were no signs of forced entry and, as far as we know, no suspects in custody.

Fort Worth police say they're still unable to comment on whether the crime was random. That's the question people have continued to ask. Regardless, police urge people to remain aware of their surroundings.

For its part, TCU has hired off-duty Fort Worth officers to patrol the neighborhoods in and around campus in the meantime. Matheson lived a block or two away from the campus, but didn't go to school there.

Moseley said whether Matheson knew her attacker doesn't change the fact that young women need to have a plan. She also pointed out that many people in the area near TCU may still leave their doors unlocked.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/lack...trangulation-case-has-women-on-edge/433174683

Granted, it was about 20 years ago but I had some scary experiences when walking back and forth to my various garage apartments right next to the TCU campus. Followed by creepy men in cars and flashed once. It was super creepy. I slept with a knife under my mattress and my father offered to help me learn to shoot a gun. My sister and her roommates actually did have a gun when she lived in the area a few years later.

I wonder if this is looking like a random crime or something more personal. They sure aren't releasing many details. Hoping for justice for Molly!

While my daughter was in college, she went from living with several roommate s on campus, to living in a garage apartment alone in a very high end neighborhood about a 1/2 mile from campus. My anxiety for her safety increased at that time because I knew no one would notice if she didn't make it home one night. I made a deal with her to email me at some point every night to say "I'm fine". I did not even need to know where she was, just that at 1:27 am or whenever she was ok. Looking for that email got me up each morning as it was the first thing I checked. She wasn't thrilled about my request, but she complied and it gave me peace of mind. I am not saying such a system would have prevented this tragedy, just that our young daughters are so vulnerable when they live alone, even in charming garage apartments in good areas. I hate that for them, and mourn the loss of this bright young woman.

While my daughter was in college, she went from living with several roommate s on campus, to living in a garage apartment alone in a very high end neighborhood about a 1/2 mile from campus. My anxiety for her safety increased at that time because I knew no one would notice if she didn't make it home one night. I made a deal with her to email me at some point every night to say "I'm fine". I did not even need to know where she was, just that at 1:27 am or whenever she was ok. Looking for that email got me up each morning as it was the first thing I checked. She wasn't thrilled about my request, but she complied and it gave me peace of mind. I am not saying such a system would have prevented this tragedy, just that our young daughters are so vulnerable when they live alone, even in charming garage apartments in good areas. I hate that for them, and mourn the loss of this bright young woman.

I feel like she was so close to her family that the lack of immediate contact is why her mom went to her apartment, to check on her.
My heart breaks for her, how do you deal with finding your happy loving daughter like that?

Murder reflects larger problem

Some TCC students were shocked to hear about the death of a NE student while others were saddened but not surprised by the news because they said violence against women is not a rare occurrence.

Molly Matheson, 22, enrolled at TCC last summer and was taking classes on NE Campus this spring. She was found strangled in her home April 10.

NE student Johnathan McCrummen was amazed by the news.

“Around here, you don’t really see too many murders,” he said.

But NE student Caitlin Gonzales said she had seen stories like this happen far too often.

“It was unfortunate, but it’s not something that you don’t hear about,” she said.

Violence against women is something people see a lot of on social media and the news, NE student Katie Palin said.

“It’s sad, but like, it’s something that is a part of our world, and we’re becoming desensitized to it,” she said. “But it’s something that’s going on all around us even though we might not think about it.”

http://collegian.tccd.edu/?p=32882

I feel like she was so close to her family that the lack of immediate contact is why her mom went to her apartment, to check on her.
My heart breaks for her, how do you deal with finding your happy loving daughter like that?

Yes, that is exactly what happened. Her mom couldn't get a hold of her so she went to check on her and of course, found her dead. I know the family has a strong faith and believes they will see Molly again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back