TX - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you lynnb and BeanE for your notes on QX's interview with Berry.

I understand now what LE meant by Mona giving a lot of self-serving statements. Accusing Jonathan's family of abuse, alcohol and drug use is pretty self-serving.

The container or bag story can easily be verified by watching the surveillance tape of Mona disposing of the body. LE already knows whether this story is true or not. My bet is on not.

There was an article a couple of days ago that said the burned section of carpet was found in Mona's garbage can. So, if the carpet was burned some time ago, and friends had seen it at the house, why did she now decide to cut it out and throw it away?

Easier to use link for the Quanell X interview with Michael Berry.

Go here:
http://www.ktrh.com/mediaplayer/?st...mand&item=20758515&feed_name=michaelberry.xml

Click the link on the right for 1/03 6pm to 7pm

Use the slider to go to the 20 minute mark. There's some music and Michael does an intro, then the interview starts at about 20:22.

You can skip the nonsense for the first 20 minutes, and go right to the interview. You can pause and replay parts you want to re-listen to.

I have no idea if re-listen is a word. :)

ETA: My notes

Not Mona's spokesperson. Mona wanted to speak with him and tell him what was going on. That was before arrest. After arrest he went to the jail and met with her for over an hour.

Did not appear soulless or a monster.

Additional facts the homicide investigators haven't released.

Mona said over and over LE asked her repeatedly about the stepdad and if she was covering up for him.

Mona said there were issues of physical abuse in the home.

Mona's had relationship with stepdad. Also relationship with mother, roomie, and Jonathan. Drug and alcohol use among all. A lot of Meth. Drink beer. Smoke pot. In presence of Jonathan.

Would all ride around together and cop drugs from drug spots. Mona said she was involved with all the drug use. Drug dealer would come to the home and deliver drugs there.

Other people Q spoke to supported drug use.

Stepdad gave Mona a "container, bag, etc" to dump for $20. Mona had no idea Jonathan's body was in it.

Friends have been to home and seen burned rug. Talk to landlord and he will tell you about the rug.

Same jovial and kind person as always to people who saw her on Christmas day.

Doesn't believe Mona had a motive to kill Jonathan, but believes Mona involved in some of it, skeptical that Mona actually killed him.

He thinks LE is hoping Mona will cooperate and give them info.

Saying she's soulless and monster taints the jury pool.

This is totally unlike her character whatsoever.

It was a bag she disposed of. She did not know a child's body was in the bag.

Abuse of Jonathan by the stepdad. Felt he was in the way.

Q is NOT certain she didn't kill Jonathan, but he IS certain others were involved.

Thank you for the new link. I couldn't even get through the first 30 seconds of that show and so need the slider!

then again we've seen her with the sunglasses on and the cap backwards when they first picked her up so if she always wears those outdoors she would have tan lines like that.

Having spent several days researching burned bodies, it is impossible to remove a full 20 inches of solid body mass from a child's body with a welding torch, as she did to Jonathan, without having any effect on one's own skin.

I believe that is why they took Mona to medical when she missed her hearing - to get pictures and documentation of the effects on her skin.

The detective said she had no medical conditions. There was a reason they took her to medical.

Just my opinion, of course.

I don't believe anything this woman says. :liar:

I think LE got it right. She did this alone and is the only one responsible for what happened to Jonathan.

JMHO
fran

Thank you lynnb and BeanE for your notes on QX's interview with Berry.

I understand now what LE meant by Mona giving a lot of self-serving statements. Accusing Jonathan's family of abuse, alcohol and drug use is pretty self-serving.

The container or bag story can easily be verified by watching the surveillance tape of Mona disposing of the body. LE already knows whether this story is true or not. My bet is on not.

There was an article a couple of days ago that said the burned section of carpet was found in Mona's garbage can. So, if the carpet was burned some time ago, and friends had seen it at the house, why did she now decide to cut it out and throw it away?

I was thinking the piece of burned carpet was an extra, scrap piece. Being a maintenance worker, MN would have access to scraps. It makes sense to put an extra piece on the carpet if you are going to use a blow torch in the house, for any reason. I didn't get the impression that the carpet in the trash can had been cut out of the flooring in the house, that there was a burned spot on the carpet in the house, as well. But that could be me filling in the blanks...

Having spent several days researching burned bodies, it is impossible to remove a full 20 inches of solid body mass from a child's body with a welding torch, as she did to Jonathan, without having any effect on one's own skin.

I believe that is why they took Mona to medical when she missed her hearing - to get pictures and documentation of the effects on her skin.

The detective said she had no medical conditions. There was a reason they took her to medical.

Just my opinion, of course.
(BBM)

Where did the 20 inches of solid body mass information come from?

I was thinking she had an outline of goggles or safety glasses. I googgled welding goggles to see if there is even such a thing...I have only really seen the face shields. http://www.airgas.com/browse/product_list.aspx?catID=80&WT.svl=80&gclid=CI6F4cWMpqYCFcqs7QodEmo4Zw

They definitely make them.

I must have been doing a search the same time you were! I found this:
http://www.discountsafetygear.com/welding-goggles-accessories.html

With some welding, when you aren't creating a lot of sparks or dangerous splatter, I guess you can use just the goggles. I had forgotten, when my husband worked at the welding shop, that they would sometimes use just the goggles. At home, I always saw him with the full face shield, but he was welding crab pots, with iron and steel and lots of sparks...

(BBM)

Where did the 20 inches of solid body mass information come from?

News articles, math, and research on burn victims and average human body proportions.

Jonathan was reported in the articles and notices to be 4'8" (56"). Some reports say that Jonathan may have been as much as 5' tall (58"). His body when found was reported to be 3' (36"). A few reports said just over 3 feet.

56 - 36 = 20".

I am trying to be delicate. Perhaps the mods would open a thread in the Parking Lot to discuss it in more detail. It is disturbing, to say the least, and I am not comfortable talking about it in the public forum. I'm not sure I even would want to go into it again in the Parking Lot. I am still having nightmares.

My conclusion and personal opinion is that the detective is right - Mona is a monster.

News articles, math, and research on burn victims and average human body proportions.

Jonathan was reported in the articles and notices to be 4'8" (56"). Some reports say that Jonathan may have been as much as 5' tall (58"). His body when found was reported to be 3' (36"). A few reports said just over 3 feet.

56 - 36 = 20".

I am trying to be delicate. Perhaps the mods would open a thread in the Parking Lot to discuss it in more detail. It is disturbing, to say the least, and I am not comfortable talking about it in the public forum. I'm not sure I even would want to go into it again in the Parking Lot. I am still having nightmares.

My conclusion and personal opinion is that the detective is right - Mona is a monster.

Thank you for clarifying. I understand. I was imagining 20 cubic inches, which was pretty horrifying in itself. You don't need to explain more, I can imagine far enough along the logic to have my own nightmares. Yes, monster indeed.

For what it's worth, I was still going under the assumption that the 3' was an estimate made by someone who arrived at the scene, before the body was examined. I have never heard LE say that the body was 3', and if you have any links to that, could you post them?

At the following site and currently at the bottom of the page, there is an interesting post by jw (shortened here) with quotes by sw and fm discussing an issue on MN’s FB page. The posts suggest a possible reason for turmoil in MN's personal life. I cannot view MN’s FB page to sleuth this.

ETA: Bummer - guess we can't link to that site. (Scared curious georges suggesting a bun in the oven)

At the following site and currently at the bottom of the page, there is an interesting post by jw (shortened here) with quotes by sw and fm discussing an issue on MN’s FB page. The posts suggest a possible reason for turmoil in MN's personal life. I cannot view MN’s FB page to sleuth this.

ETA: Bummer - guess we can't link to that site.

I can read MN's FB site. I have also read and transcribed her MySpace stream, because it kept freezing others' computers. But I don't think I can post the transcript here. I have a theory, based on the Myspace/FB, so I'd be very curious to read that comment!

Mona%20Nelson%202.jpg

MOO

This to me looks like a fresh haze on her face from using the welding torch. She had a mask on. It is just as if you were in intense heat, your face would appear to be tanned with a little redness.

I agree!
Also... keep in mind that this photo was not taken right after the burning.
She has dark skin and so if it was a little red it would have faded to a
tan IMO by the time the photo was taken.
Here is a very bad photo shop picture I did to show her with a mask and
goggles on to compare to her tan lines on her booking photo.
Mona%20Nelson%202a.jpg

It was a bag she disposed of. She did not know a child's body was in the bag.

Q is NOT certain she didn't kill Jonathan, but he IS certain others were involved.

Snipped and BBM

If she disposed of a bag, not knowing that a child's body was in the bag, therefore indicating that she has minimal involvement...then how did the passerby see "charred debris" that turned out to be a charred body?

I agree!
View attachment 13142

Lordamercy, that photoshopped picture freaked me out. **shivers**

I can read MN's FB site. I have also read and transcribed her MySpace stream, because it kept freezing others' computers. But I don't think I can post the transcript here. I have a theory, based on the Myspace/FB, so I'd be very curious to read that comment!

@ GJ: Pls reread my post - I added to the ETA.

I'd be very interested in your theory based on MN's MS/FB pages. I can only view MN's MS.

I agree!
View attachment 13142

I agree with others - Freaky Photo!

Add a backwards baseball cap and I think you've got it right!

@ GJ: Pls reread my post - I added to the ETA.

I'd be very interested in your theory based on MN's MS/FB pages. I can only view MN's MS.

Whoa, MN's FB page is gone now. I guess that's standard, for LE to take it down?

Bun in the oven was not my theory. That's a new one.
I can't share my theory here at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500