TX - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clarifying. I understand. I was imagining 20 cubic inches, which was pretty horrifying in itself. You don't need to explain more, I can imagine far enough along the logic to have my own nightmares. Yes, monster indeed.

For what it's worth, I was still going under the assumption that the 3' was an estimate made by someone who arrived at the scene, before the body was examined. I have never heard LE say that the body was 3', and if you have any links to that, could you post them?

Some relevant links:

Houston police investigator Leslie Martinez says a passer-by discovered the body Tuesday morning along a roadway between two large buildings near the Hardy Toll Road.

Martinez said the body was about 3 feet tall.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7356466.html

Houston police said they got a call about a burned body in the 8900 block of East Hardy Road about 9:30 a.m.

Detectives said the body was that of a small child, about 3 feet tall.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26303694/detail.html

"Somebody saw what they believed to be burned debris," Lt. Leslie Martinez said. "Upon further inspection, they thought it might be a body."
Detectives said it turned out to be the body of a small child, about 3 feet tall.

Investigators said the body was so badly burned that they cannot determine if it was a boy or a girl. There were no clothes on the body, and they may have also been burned, officials said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26299702/detail.html

Officials say the body was so badly burned they can’t determine the child’s gender.

HPD spokesman Kese Smith today said police cannot say if the two cases are connected until the medical examiner’s office identifies the body.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e+the+child's+gender&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Officials say they couldn't immediately determine the child's age or gender

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+say+the+body+3+feet&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

His body was so badly burned that he had to be identified using his dental records.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mona-nelson-accused-burning-jonathan-foster-shes-monster/story?id=12514556

They also found in a trash can "very strong evidence that something had taken place," detective Mike Miller said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7360719.html

(I've included other links, besides LE saying the 3 feet, that are relevant to the issue for those who wish to research further.)

@ GJ: Pls reread my post - I added to the ETA.

I'd be very interested in your theory based on MN's MS/FB pages. I can only view MN's MS.

Okay, I tracked down the comments you are referring to, about MN's relationships.
This is all my opinion, based on what I've read and seen so far. MOO. The picture with the woman with the streaked hair? She is not, and never was a love interest. They were room mates. The photo caption (This is what I come home to) is kind of tongue-in-cheek. MN has a more motherly, protector relationship with this person. She is NOT Star.
I think Star is a woman she was watching/stalking, or an unrequited love from way back. Her MS stream is like a monologue to Star, IMO.
The woman with the streaked hair has not communicated with MN, via either FB or MS, since July. MN has posted on the woman's sites, with no response. I saw MN's comments as trying to break the ice, with no response.
Now, it could be that MN wanted a relationship with the streaked hair woman, and kept hanging around, hoping. But there is no evidence of such on either of their pages. It's a parental role, IMO.
I sure hope this is all okay to post here. If not, I'll delete it.

Snipped and BBM

If she disposed of a bag, not knowing that a child's body was in the bag, therefore indicating that she has minimal involvement...then how did the passerby see "charred debris" that turned out to be a charred body?

When LE said there was no container, it changed to a bag.

I agree that the person who initially reported finding "burned debris" would not have seen that "burned debris" had it been in a bag. They'd have simply seen a bag - and not called LE.

My opinion only.

Some relevant links:

(respectfully snipped)

(I've included other links, besides LE saying the 3 feet, that are relevant to the issue for those who wish to research further.)

Thank you so much!
I appreciate the links. After reading them all, I believe all of the references of the 3' estimate go back to the original comment made by investigator Leslie Martinez. I just wonder how accurate that estimate was? I guess we will know more when the ME's report is revealed.

When the body was found Dec. 28th, the media all ran with the 3' tall quote from HPD spokesperson, Martinez. I thought there is no way that could be Jonathan considering he was 20" taller than that. But then the video of the actual press conference was released. When asked what size the body was, it appears to me like Martinez was completely guessing when she said "I'd say, uhh, roughly maybe 3 feet tall." So, I think 3' was incorrect.

0:40 mark http://bcove.me/mdghg725

I don't find Q to be very credible. When researching him, I was shocked to hear what he has said publicly. This is someone who has made terroistic threats and racist comments so I believe his views are very slanted and justice for Jonathan is not his top priority.

"If you shoot one more black man in Bellaire in cold blood, then your damn city will go up in flames.”
http://www.khou.com/news/Quanell-X-...-your-city-will-go-up-in-flames-93629879.html

"If blacks wanted to take out some of their frustrations, they should go over to River Oaks and beat up some rich white folks."
"The real deal is this: Black youth do not want a relationship with the Jewish community or the mainstream white community or the foot shuffling, head-bowing, knee bobbing black community. … All you Jews can go straight to hell."
http://houstonist.com/2007/05/10/khous_mcshan_in.php

Okay, I tracked down the comments you are referring to, about MN's relationships.
This is all my opinion, based on what I've read and seen so far. MOO. The picture with the woman with the streaked hair? She is not, and never was a love interest. They were room mates. The photo caption (This is what I come home to) is kind of tongue-in-cheek. MN has a more motherly, protector relationship with this person. She is NOT Star.
I think Star is a woman she was watching/stalking, or an unrequited love from way back. Her MS stream is like a monologue to Star, IMO.
The woman with the streaked hair has not communicated with MN, via either FB or MS, since July. MN has posted on the woman's sites, with no response. I saw MN's comments as trying to break the ice, with no response.
Now, it could be that MN wanted a relationship with the streaked hair woman, and kept hanging around, hoping. But there is no evidence of such on either of their pages. It's a parental role, IMO.
I sure hope this is all okay to post here. If not, I'll delete it.

Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

Do you know if streaked hair woman was a roommate on 12/24/2010?

Do you know if Star is a nickname for SE or could Star be more angelic?

Very interesting - thanks for sharing!

Do you know if streaked hair woman was a roommate on 12/24/2010?

Do you know if Star is a nickname for SE or could Star be more angelic?

I do not believe "Star" is SE.
I found a Starr connected to MN's daughter, on FB. I am looking to see if MN's comments to/about Star on MS are related at all to the events on this other "Starr"'s FB.
Streaked hair woman, if she was MN's room mate, it was a while ago. Not recently.

I'm not the best person at judging size, distance, things like that, but to my poor eyes, the pics such as this one lead me to believe the 3' is fairly accurate.

Maybe someone who's better with size perspective than I could offer an opinion?

600xPopupGallery.jpg

I do not believe "Star" is SE.
I found a Starr connected to MN's daughter, on FB. I am looking to see if MN's comments to/about Star on MS are related at all to the events on this other "Starr"'s FB.
Streaked hair woman, if she was MN's room mate, it was a while ago. Not recently.

Nope, no connections between the Starr who is on MN's daughter's freind list, and the Star comments on MN's myspace.
Back to the drawing board...

I'm not the best person at judging size, distance, things like that, but to my poor eyes, the pics such as this one lead me to believe the 3' is fairly accurate.

600xPopupGallery.jpg

I learned on the Tanya Shannon thread that the long range lenses screw up distance judgement quite a lot, so that could be happening here too.

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Don't really see how a distance could be judged by this picture.

We don't know if part of the body is in the culvert or whether it is lying sideways.

Has anyone seen any pictures of MN’s face during her 4 day visit to her sister’s house beginning Xmas day? Are there any Xmas 2010 photos on MN’s or MN’s relatives’ MS/FB pages? Would be interesting to see how her face tan/burn lines looked then compared to the mug shot (taken 12/29??).

Don't really see how a distance could be judged by this picture.

We don't know if part of the body is in the culvert or whether it is lying sideways.

I agree--I can't see anything that would indicate the size or shape of the body in this picture. If there is something, maybe someone can point it out?

News articles, math, and research on burn victims and average human body proportions.

Jonathan was reported in the articles and notices to be 4'8" (56"). Some reports say that Jonathan may have been as much as 5' tall (58"). His body when found was reported to be 3' (36"). A few reports said just over 3 feet.

56 - 36 = 20".

I am trying to be delicate. Perhaps the mods would open a thread in the Parking Lot to discuss it in more detail. It is disturbing, to say the least, and I am not comfortable talking about it in the public forum. I'm not sure I even would want to go into it again in the Parking Lot. I am still having nightmares.

My conclusion and personal opinion is that the detective is right - Mona is a monster.

Do you think his feet were cut off with the torch? We know they used dental records so thank goodness that was in tact...
I recall reading about welding torches and since they can cut through metal, I always wondered why his body wasn't found in peices?

Has anyone seen any pictures of MN’s face during her 4 day visit to her sister’s house beginning Xmas day? Are there any Xmas 2010 photos on MN’s or MN’s relatives’ MS/FB pages? Would be interesting to see how her face tan/burn lines looked then compared to the mug shot (taken 12/29??).

I do not know of any pictures. Most of MN's family/friend MS or FB pages are private.

Do you think his feet were cut off with the torch? We know they used dental records so thank goodness that was in tact...
I recall reading about welding torches and since they can cut through metal, I always wondered why his body wasn't found in peices?

You can change the temperature of the torch, to fit the type of material you are cutting. Change the ratio of fuel to oxygen, and the size of the opening of the tip.
Maybe she turned it down so it burned but did not cut? I'm guessing about that. Maybe someone else knows if that is possible.

You can change the temperature of the torch, to fit the type of material you are cutting. Change the ratio of fuel to oxygen, and the size of the opening of the tip.
Maybe she turned it down so it burned but did not cut? I'm guessing about that. Maybe someone else knows if that is possible.

Okay, so that could explain why his body wasn't in peices. I still wonder about the shrinkage and if that was due to the skin burning or being cut...sorry I know it's hard to think about. I guess we still don't know if 3' was an accurate measurement though.

Not to be morbid...
|
|
|
|

If not in some sort of container, bag, blanket, etc. how could a person take his little body to the truck, put it in the back, and then pick it back up and place it in the ditch without some sort of residue or ( :( ) left behind?

How could someone do that at ALL? You would have to have intimate contact with someone you just killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500