GUILTY TX - Penny, 37, Matthew, 13, & Tyler Caffey, 8, shot to death, 1 March 2008

ok, in this same article, the mother is said to have been 37 and 39. Which is it?

The scene of the attack was about 20 acres of pine-canopied, remote woodland on a narrow gravel road with just two other homes between the small East Texas towns of Emory and Alba. That is about 60 miles northeast of Dallas in Rains County, the second-smallest county in Texas.
Mrs. Caffey, 37, was killed along with her two sons, Tyler Caffey, 8, and Mathew Caffey 13, according to police. All had been shot and stabbed multiple times. Terry Caffey was in critical but stable condition Sunday in East Texas Medical Center in Tyler, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the head.
Despite his wound, the father was able to crawl about 300 yards to a neighbor's house to seek help. Meanwhile, flames consumed the Caffeys' home with the bodies of Mrs. Caffey and their two sons inside.
The sheriff said authorities could not determine whether gunshots or the fire caused the deaths of Penny, 39, Tyler, 8, and Mathew, 13, saying, "The bodies have been so badly burned."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334350,00.html

:furious: Sometimes, it is hard not to be totally disgusted with humanity. This girl was obviously from a family that loved her, and yet she was a participant in the murder of the man and woman who nourished her and provided for her every need. I am sure her Mother took care of her when she was a little girl and was sick with fever, helped her when she started her period, talked to her about boys, college, marriage, her future. And what about her little brother's??? Why them???? I would be very curious to know her side of the story. I can't get inside the head of people like this. Why didn't her and the boyfriend just run away??? What did they honestly think the outcome of this event was going to be??? I seriously want to know. How do people become so self-centered that they think they can control the entire damn world????:furious:

Did these kids honestly think they were just going to murder the parents who were standing in their way, skip off into the sunset, and live happily ever after? :eek:

Worked out really well for them didn't it? In one of the vids, IIRC, someone stated that there was going to be a need for counselors at school because the daughter was extremely popular.

I've got a blog entry up about this, but it mostly covers what we all already know:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/03/caffey-family-murders.html

Something interesting and somewhat repellent is happening on Bobbi Gale Johnson's blog. If you check it out, beware that some tool has already posted a disgusting and NSFW photo in the comments. Otherwise, there's wisecracking from me and David Lohr there, among others.

Steve

This whole thing is heartbreaking Ifeel so bad for these parents and those poor little boys. How terrifying to think that a child could turn on her parents like that. What in the heck did these kids think they could just murder a whole family and live happily ever after?

LOL, Steve and motley crew.

Whatever happened to doing it Romeo and Juliet style?

Is there a religious theme amongst these parents-killed-by-teen-daughter-because-she-can't-date-older-possibly-troubled-boy cases?

I am remembering a few other cases like this one and it seems IIRC that the daughters' families were active in church etc.

I wonder if the daughter is the Bre girl that is on their friends page. She is 16 y/o too.
Hmmm.

I wonder if the daughter is the Bre girl that is on their friends page. She is 16 y/o too.
Hmmm.

Pixie - I thought the same thing. I have been obsessed looking at these kids pages. There is one boy "Rob" on her friends list who is posing with Guns Etc. There are kids on his pic comments saying that he looks like the guy in VA. Its insane. This is the kind of story that movies are made of, fiction... this is insane.

Pixie - I thought the same thing. I have been obsessed looking at these kids pages. There is one boy "Rob" on her friends list who is posing with Guns Etc. There are kids on his pic comments saying that he looks like the guy in VA. Its insane. This is the kind of story that movies are made of, fiction... this is insane.

I wondered about the same girl. But there were several others who were about the same age.

What is wrong with these kids--their parent didn't want them dating they could have still talked on the phone and met off and on after 2 years they could have done what they want. Now they will be told what to do for the rest of their lives and they won't be dating each other. I can't imagine prison being better than your parents house.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7954646&nav=1TjD

(snip)
"I think drugs and drinking probably had to play a role in it because if it was just them, they wouldn't have done it," said Dyllon. "They probably thought twice about it." Kalie Beasley had known Bobbi Gale Johnson, Charles Waid's girlfriend, for years. She said when Bobbi started dating Charles she had changed.
"She wouldn't come to school a lot and would miss three days out of the week," said Beasley. Jennifer McClanahan had gone to school with Charlie Wilkinson, Erin's boyfriend, since kindergarten.
"Last week in English Charlie was like 'my girlfriend's dad hacked into my my space,;" said McClanahan. "He told that to the teacher." McClanahan said she saw Charlie and Erin together at school all the time, walking around holding hands. When asked if she thinks Charlie could do something this horrible, she said yes.
"If he wanted to be with Erin, there is no telling," said McClanahan.

The picture at the below link is so sad. Caption from the pic:

The family dog keeps vigil on the burned out house where Penny Caffey, 37, and sons Mathew, 13, and Tyler,8, were killed. Husband Terry Caffey is hospitalized at ETMC. Neighbors have left food for the animal.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/80302001

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back