GUILTY TX - Penny, 37, Matthew, 13, & Tyler Caffey, 8, shot to death, 1 March 2008

I am so glad the dad survived to tell what happened. If he hadn't, we might have been hearing suspected murder/suicide. They probably thought they could get away with it and all evidence against them would be burned up. Probably thought they could say Erin wasn't home. I do think it was premeditated. People do not go into someone's home in the middle of the night, go to the beds where four people are sleeping, and kill them. That has to be planned to some extent. I saw in the article where one person thought it wasn't planned, but I just don't see any way it wasn't.

I've revised my entry about this crime, and I'm re-linking it because the new information is pretty intriguing:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/03/caffey-family-murders.html

Dianne Waid, Charles Waid's estranged wife, contacted me. She had some interesting things to say. She believes Charles may have had no intention of killing anyone, that the murders were principally committed by Charlie Wilkinson. That said, she's not cutting Charles Waid any slack, otherwise. She told me she's going to visit him in jail on Wednesday, "for the first and last time."

Steve

Diane, Charles Waid's wife posted this on Bobbi's Blog site on Sunday March 2 around 11:30 P.M. In her grieve or shock is she getting her stories confused? Or am I confused?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=92516811&blogID=314792998

'Hi all that are posting on here! I am the wife of Bobbi's Boyfriend Charles Waid. We have been seperated for going on 6months and have a 5month old together. I don't know what to think of all of it but I know the details in depth. No i don't agree with what they did. And I think they should all be punshed to the MAXIMUM for what they did. But you do not have to get on here and stoop to their levels either. They are in custody and held on 1.5million bonds. NONE OF THEM ARE GOING ANYWHERE! Charlie admitted and wrote a confession to killing all of them. That is all I know. If any of you have questions please msg me. But if you talked mean to me, with me having nothing to do with it, I will not talk to you and I will block you. Thank you!

Diane"

She says she knows the details in depth! She says Charlie admitted and wrote a confession to killinall of them.

Sounds like Charlie was still very involved with the wife too.

I am so glad the dad survived to tell what happened. If he hadn't, we might have been hearing suspected murder/suicide. They probably thought they could get away with it and all evidence against them would be burned up. Probably thought they could say Erin wasn't home. I do think it was premeditated. People do not go into someone's home in the middle of the night, go to the beds where four people are sleeping, and kill them. That has to be planned to some extent. I saw in the article where one person thought it wasn't planned, but I just don't see any way it wasn't.

I think it was planned, too. Why would her friends help her do such a thing? I keep going back to Grandpa's death. I wonder if Erin thought with her family out of the way, she'd inherit and she promised to share that inheritance with her friends.....

I just can't imagine a beloved daughter turning on her family this way. I guess the only comfort for her daddy is that she wasn't actually weilding the gun or knife.

I'm not sure the new info changes much. Afterall, no one wants to believe their baby daddy is capable of being a heathon. I'm taking what Dianne Waid says with a grain of salt. Here's some talk going around:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=143951204

i kno right..
i mean at first i heard they were shot w/ a shotgun but on the news it said shot and stabbed [[one of them being 4 times]]..but she was arrested at dq becuz charles [her bf] was cleanin' out her car which had blood in it so i'm wonderin' if she took part in the stab/shooting..
and they were all really drunk..[[idk abt erin tho]]

I think you are correct SQ and we will probably hear a lot of different versions right up through the trial! What a tradgedy for this community.

I'm not sure the new info changes much. Afterall, no one wants to believe their baby daddy is capable of being a heathon. I'm taking what Dianne Waid says with a grain of salt. Here's some talk going around:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=143951204

i kno right..
i mean at first i heard they were shot w/ a shotgun but on the news it said shot and stabbed [[one of them being 4 times]]..but she was arrested at dq becuz charles [her bf] was cleanin' out her car which had blood in it so i'm wonderin' if she took part in the stab/shooting..
and they were all really drunk..[[idk abt erin tho]]

Suziq this is an excellent find!! Lots of comments from kids who knew these culprits or went to school with them.
She was arrested at Dairy Queen (dq?) when Charles was cleaning blood out of her car? Good Lord, it must have been a bloodbath!! By the grace of God, the father survived.
I don't understand these kids at all who think they can just kill their whole family since they want to be with their boyfriend, or any other reason. It's so senseless a crime. Why didn't they just run away together? Why go and kill the whole family? Is it some kind of demented fantasy that some youths have nowadays?
I can't understand it at all.. i hope the father is making a speedy recovery. They should try to bring the family's black lab to him. Pet therapy. From what it sounds like the church community they belong to will be supportive of the father, which is good, as he'll need it. I just can't fathom these horrendous acts kids are committing nowadays..

I don't know if the 16 year old daughter is involved or not......it sure looks suspicious, doesn't it........but if she is, it makes me wonder if Grandpa had money. Maybe she wanted to by-pass the "middle man" in the inheritance?

Oh, how I sincerely hope and pray you are right.
They announced on TV here that she is the one they suspect.

Remind me again why I don't like teenagers. The poor, poor dad. How will this man ever recover? How sad is this? What kind of human beings murder children? Murder anyone? This is just so sad.

You have to type in tylerpaper.com and look for the article. It won't let you just click on a link. Or at least it wouldn't let me.

I feel bad for the dog too. I know its seems silly, but today is Monday and it's still there waiting at the house. One article tugged at the heartstrings by stating far away from the food and water left by neighbors etc.

How come noone has taken the dog or at least how come AC has not stepped in? I understand it's a rural community but surely there are rescues or a shelter willing and/or able to step in here?

Poor thing..It's world has been flipped upside down too.....

I have not seen one for the 16 yr old. Here is a article that will make you sick. From the local paper tells they planned it for a month and how it was done.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/429461743

Thanks for the update. Well well well, just what I thought. Waid was a willing participant after all. Seems like his christian upbringing didn't do much good. Death and eternity in hell isn't good enough for these losers.

I think they need to show Erin Caffey's mugshot even though she's a minor. This is so sick.

Unfrickingbelievable! Sometimes I feel the world has gone mad.

This whole thing is heartbreaking Ifeel so bad for these parents and those poor little boys. How terrifying to think that a child could turn on her parents like that. What in the heck did these kids think they could just murder a whole family and live happily ever after?

I'm with you on this one. Words cannot express...well when they put death on the table in court...maybe this daughter will show some remorse.

Good grief!!:mad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24