GUILTY TX - Penny, 37, Matthew, 13, & Tyler Caffey, 8, shot to death, 1 March 2008

This is such a sad story.
And one day Erin will " wise up", and realize what she did.
And it will drive her crazy for the remainder of her life.
How horrible! Her mom and her little brothers, all are dead! I can't wrap my mind around the thought of this!

God bless the father of this family.

If there is a myspace page for Erin someone else besides her has to know or have a good idea of what the password is! Seems like someone in the press might pay a few bucks to see it?

I think some of you are confusing Charles Waid with Charlie Wilkinson. Erin Caffey was seeing Charlie Wilkinson. Bobbi Gale Johnson stole Charles Allen Waid from Diane Waid, with whom I've corresponded over e-mail. Diane Waid actually controls Charles Waid's MySpace. Diane and Charles have a 5-month-old daughter as well.

Diane told me tonight that Charles Waid definitely changed after they separated and he began seeing Bobbi. She didn't elaborate after that.

Steve

I knew the daughter was one of the perps.
How many times have we read about the religious family, the non religious boyfriend and the religious daughter?
The perps are such cold bloodied murderers and that scares me. Why kill the little brothers?

Gah, Steve, you are right about confusing the CW's. Guilty as charged.

Truly, those were Waid's words about Mr. Caffey "hacking" into his myspace account. I doubt he truly "hacked". He might have found his daughter's site and commented on Waid's? Or it could have just been a big lie.... Maybe conniving Erin did something and then blamed it on her dad?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4377263

"Jennifer McClanahan, a senior at Rains, said that Wilkerson had been scolded during her English class last week for being on the computer. Wilkerson, she said, in turn responded that his girlfriend's father had hacked into his MySpace page."

I apologize for the confusion; it was Wilkerson's MySpace, not Waid. Nothing justifies murder, ever. I am just trying to comprehend what may have precipitated such an awful and brutal rampage.

I think some of you are confusing Charles Waid with Charlie Wilkinson. Erin Caffey was seeing Charlie Wilkinson. Bobbi Gale Johnson stole Charles Allen Waid from Diane Waid, with whom I've corresponded over e-mail. Diane Waid actually controls Charles Waid's MySpace. Diane and Charles have a 5-month-old daughter as well.

Diane told me tonight that Charles Waid definitely changed after they separated and he began seeing Bobbi. She didn't elaborate after that.

Steve
He changed, or personality flaws he had all along became undeniable? People don't "change" in that way, they were "like that" all along, but it was either hidden or not percieved for what it was.

I wonder about the boyfriend saying her father hacked into his Myspace account if maybe it was public and the father made up an ID and left a message? Maybe a humiliating message on his page for everyone to see? If they were both public and didn't think her father would find her or look for her they were posting back and forth. They were both was humiliated in public and that set them off to get revenge.

[SIZE=+2]Teenage daughter among 4 charged in family triple-killing [/SIZE]
05:58 PM CST on Sunday, March 2, 2008

EMORY, Texas -- Church services in this rural town were deadened by grief Sunday after police charged a teenage girl, forced by her parents to breakup with a boyfriend, with helping kill most of her family.
The pre-dawn raid on the home of Terry and Penny Caffey on Saturday left the girl’s mother and two brothers dead and her bloodied father crawling through the woods for help.
Penny Caffey and her two sons, ages 8 and 13, were shot and stabbed repeatedly in the pre-dawn attack Saturday. Terry Caffey, the father, was undergoing surgery Sunday afternoon for four gunshot wounds, including two to his back, after police say he crawled 300 yards to his closest neighbor while his house burned to the ground with his family inside.

M_IMAGE.1185a805c34.93.88.fa.d0.1711125d.jpg
AP​
Investigators pick through the charred remains of a home in Alba, Texas, where a family was killed.​

When Nancy Grace discussed this case tonight she showed footage similar to the picture above of LE officers literally 'sifting' through the ashes. Since the bodies were found and the father survived and the gun was found, what other evidence do you think LE is looking for?​

Nancy G also had a caller ask a valid question, since the father saw the 2 murdering teenaged boys in his bedroom and he easily identified them, will the dad testify against his daughter?
I can't imagine that he wouldn't. She and her friends killed her mother and brothers in cold blood and attempted the same on the dad.​

What a sad sad case.
Is the young blonde in the family picture the daughter? I'm getting the people involved confused.​

2000.00 bucks to try and murder 4 people?:doh: :banghead:
SuziQ that is sad isn't it? What is wrong with these kids?
Plotting to murder an entire family?!?!

We know this was premeditated?
One local article said the teens started planning at least a month ago.
How many people did they try to 'hire'?

Where were they getting the money to pay 2000.00?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/03/texas.deaths.ap/index.html
According to the affidavit, Waid, a friend of Wilkinson's, was offered about $2,000 to join the plot, although it doesn't specify who offered him the money.

Maybe Erin expected to collect life insurance. I can't imagine either of them having thier own money. I'd still like to know how they expected to get away with this. I wonder if the father had also died if LE would have known who was involved?

The witch planned the murders for weeks and is shedding tears now? And what kind of BS is this sociopathic murderer feeding Grandma. I can hear her defense now. I was drugged and they did it, not me! And did Erin seriously think she was going to be released? What a dumb**advertiser censored*.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20080304/NEWS01/803040347

(snips)
If 16-year-old Erin Caffey wanted to be free of her family, she seems to have received her wish.
Erin Caffey, who earlier had quieted the family dog so the young men could enter the home quietly, sat outside with friend Bobbi Gale Johnson, 18, in a car on her street, County Road 2370. She had told her boyfriend where cash and jewelry could be found in the house, which they took and stashed in the car, the report said.
After the murders, Wilkinson and Caffey slept at a friend's house. Deputies found Wilkinson sleeping on a mattress with two guns nearby, the report said. Caffey was found sleeping under a pile of clothes and stuffed animals. Caffey told the deputies all she remembered was the fire, the report said.

On Monday, Erin began to cry when Justice of the Peace Don Smith told her in an afternoon hearing she wouldn't be released from the juvenile detention center in Greenville. The girl wore the same jeans and T-shirt she was wearing the morning of the murders, he said.

"She's very petite, with blonde hair," he said. "She was emotional, but never said a word. When I asked her if she wanted to ask any questions, she just shook her head."

The girl hugged and talked briefly with her grandmother who has accompanied her to meetings with authorities since Saturday, Smith said.

2000.00 bucks to try and murder 4 people?:doh: :banghead:
SuziQ that is sad isn't it? What is wrong with these kids?
Plotting to murder an entire family?!?!

We know this was premeditated?
One local article said the teens started planning at least a month ago.
How many people did they try to 'hire'?

you know what's interesting? They were planning the murders way before the parents cut the relationship off on Friday.

If it wasn't for the fact that Grandpa had alot of heirs, I would suggest LE take a look at his COD.

Even if the girls didn't take part in the murders they are as guilty as the boys. They all planned the murders and that makes all of them guilty. It sounds like little Erin had everyone fooled. She didn't turn out to be the nice, sweet, fun, girl that everyone thought she was. Inside was this little witch who decided to murder her whole family for the sake of one worthless guy.

I hope the dad hangs on tight to his faith because that is all that will get him through this nightmare. Can you imagine losing your wife and 2 boys all because you said "no" to your daughter? There are just to many teens that don't like that word and go to extremes when they hear it. Your child doesn't have to be into drugs or alcohol to murder you. In this day and age all you have to do is deny kids something that they want and it is goodbye mom and dad. Now Erin doesn't remember anything except the fire! Ya, I'll bet she can't remember. Does she remember plotting the murders for a month and then holding the dog back so the guys could get into the house!!! She's lucky that she has a gramma there with her when she talks to LE. If she was my granddaughter I don't think I could be so kind. I don't think that I would want to see her at all. Either my daughter is dead or my son is fighting for his life. I think I would leave Erin to deal with what she did on her own. Maybe LE asked a family member to be there when she was read the charges because she is underage. Someone else would have had to go....not me.

I feel so sorry for the dog too. Dogs are so faithful. He is waiting for his family to come home. Now when the dad leaves the hospital he will have only the dog to come home to. No family and no home. Breaks my heart.

I feel bad for the dog too. I know its seems silly, but today is Monday and it's still there waiting at the house. One article tugged at the heartstrings by stating far away from the food and water left by neighbors etc.

How come noone has taken the dog or at least how come AC has not stepped in? I understand it's a rural community but surely there are rescues or a shelter willing and/or able to step in here?

Poor thing..It's world has been flipped upside down too.....

I'm sad for the dog too, bless him. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back