TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

I also just read a new article that talks about there being a new sheriff in town and how he plans on revisiting this case. I hope that is true.
New sheriff will take fresh look at case of missing woman

By Sarah Coppola

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Saturday, January 10, 2004

GEORGETOWN -- Janet Cooke keeps a photo of her daughter, Rachel, in her art studio. The picture is a source of inspiration and pain.

Around 175 people attended all or part of the two year remembrance for Rachel. The bird release was beautiful and the candlelight service was excellent. I want to give a special thanks to Faith Lutheran Church for helping us once again.

Members of the Williamson County Sheriff's Office, Texas EquuSearch, Gabriel's Gifts, Laura Recovery Center, Bikers Against Child Abuse, and Travis County Search and Rescue also joined us.

I placed some news links and pictures on rachelcookesearch.org/2year.

Big plans for case of missing Georgetown teen
Williamson sheriff announcing today that several new investigators will try to solve Rachel Cooke case.

By Sarah Coppola

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Thursday, January 22, 2004

GEORGETOWN -- A team of investigators has been assembled to solve the case of missing Rachel Cooke, Williamson County Sheriff Jim Wilson will announce today.

The team -- at least seven criminal investigators from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies -- will re-investigate Cooke's case, Chief Deputy Mike Lummus said. That effort could include reinterviewing every witness and following leads a second time.

Read more

Excellent news Mr. Cooke!

Hopefully they will come up with something...

This is the best news we've heard around here in a while! :clap:
Please let us know what you think of the investigators after you meet them this afternoon.

Best of luck Mr. Cooke. I check your website journal frequently to see if have an news or updates on the Rachel!

Mr. Cooke, thank you for the articles and pictures. I will pray that this step brings the answers your family has been searching for. I think it's great that Tim Miller and Tricia Griffith (of Forums for Justice) will be consulting on this case, also.

....it can, if that recipe pays for defense classes that teach how to break free from a would be abductor.

Recently there has been a lot of attention surrounding the abduction and murder of Carlie Brucia of Florida. People are asking "what could have saved her life?" We all can do things to protect ourselves and those we love. Education is the key.

Robert Cooke, father of missing Rachel from Texas, has some ideas and he has teamed up with a gal who teaches self defense classes.

His group, The Rachel Alert Network is making a cookbook, all proceeds will go to teaching others how to prevent what happened to Carlie, and what probably happened to Rachel and to helping other families of missing persons. Each of us can send up to ten recipes. Here's the instructions, as per RC's web site for Rachel.

Subject: Rachel Alert Network Cookbooks
We plan to publish a Rachel Alert Network cookbook in June 2004. All proceeds from the cookbooks will go to sponsor RAN events such as M.U.S.T self-defense and awareness classes and to help families of missing persons.

If you would like to submit a recipe for the cookbook, please e-mail the recipe to: cookbook@rachelalert.org

Please include the ingredients, directions, your name, and your state. An optional message field is also available to include any messages to Rachel, our family, or information of other missing persons. To give everyone a chance to send a recipe, we are limiting submissions to a maximum of ten recipes per person.

I know you all have some great family recipes, now would be a great time to get them out and send them to Robert. If you’re like me, you will forget about this if you do not sit down and do it, now. So, please take a few moments and gather and send your recipes today.

Send a recipe, and save a life. Thanks, and God bless each of you for participating.

Much love, Lanie
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post?id=178&action=vpost&username=rcooke&forum=7
http://rachelcookesearch.org/
http://rachelalert.org/

I really wish that I lived in Texas so that I could participate in the classes! I think they sound incredibly beneficial to women, especially considering the world we live in. I wonder if there's a way to get them started up in Colorado?

Litlstar04 said:
I really wish that I lived in Texas so that I could participate in the classes! I think they sound incredibly beneficial to women, especially considering the world we live in. I wonder if there's a way to get them started up in Colorado?

When we do the M.U.S.T. program for elementary school children, we are going to use a "train the "trainer" certification program. The M.U.S.T. seminars for teens and adults really need an experienced law enforcement agent or self-defense instructor to teach them. If we pick up some corporate funding, we will probably expand outside of Texas.

Praying for Rachel and all who miss and love her, and those who search.

God bless you, Robert!
With love and hope, Lanie

I haven't forgotten Rachel either. My thoughts and prayers are still with her father and the rest of her family, and the investigators re opening her case, trying to bring her home.

Several families and friends of the missing will gather in New York this Sunday for the New York Missing Person's Day. Some of use from this forum will be there including me. I hope that soon we will have a National Missing Person's Day in the United States. I already planted a seed for this with the Republican party. I plan to do the same for the Democrats.

We are about to reach 400 recipes in our cookbook. We want to sell the cookbooks for $10, so 400 recipes will be the magic number. Our thanks to everyone who submitted a recipe(s). The cookbooks should go for sell in mid summer. We still have to proof the book and order the publication.

RCOOKE said:
When we do the M.U.S.T. program for elementary school children, we are going to use a "train the "trainer" certification program. The M.U.S.T. seminars for teens and adults really need an experienced law enforcement agent or self-defense instructor to teach them. If we pick up some corporate funding, we will probably expand outside of Texas.

Do you have any recommendations for how to go about finding a program or seminar in other areas? I want to put my daughters in one this summer, but I'm not sure what to look for in the program--I think there are several karate studios that offer programs, but I don't know that they are the best choice.

Thanks and as always, we have not forgotten Rachel.

Texana said:
Do you have any recommendations for how to go about finding a program or seminar in other areas? I want to put my daughters in one this summer, but I'm not sure what to look for in the program--I think there are several karate studios that offer programs, but I don't know that they are the best choice.

Thanks and as always, we have not forgotten Rachel.

I was told recently about the Escape school program. http://www.escapeschool.com/ It's for younger kids.

We hope to expand the M.U.S.T. seminars for teen females and women into over Texas cities. I've had request from Houston, DFW, and San Antonio. What major city are you close to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back