TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

So many cases of women being harmed while jogging going on and discussions of other cases brought Rachel to mind. Wishing they would find her or solve her case. Thinking also of Rachel's dad who posted here for many years looking for her.

Here's what I find odd, when you search for 221 CHAPARRAL RD, one comes up for liberty hill, and one comes up for Georgetown. Something else I found when I looked at the sales history, in 2001 it was owned by someone with the same last name as a kid that went to the same high school and graduated in 2001. Even more interesting, is this guy, with the same last name appears to have horses, and could possibly be in the "horse industry", and is also a white male.
Can you clarify which property...Lib Hill or Georgetown? The dug 221 Chaparral in Lib Hill. What name was the property listed, What HS? Picture of his horses? I know the property & area, and many many of the residents. Thanks.

Rachel Louise Cooke - Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas, USA

Does anyone know who and the connection of the Bettye Johnson is who testified in the trial of Michael Keith Moore for the murder of Christina Moore (no relation) in 2003? He is/was a suspect in disappearance/kidnapping and possible possible murder of Rachel Louise Cooke. TIA

Was it ever mentioned or published who saw her 200 yards from the house? Were they just driving by or standing in their yard maybe?

Was it ever mentioned or published who saw her 200 yards from the house? Were they just driving by or standing in their yard maybe

Was it ever mentioned or published who saw her 200 yards from the house? Were they just driving by or standing in their yard maybe?
A neighbor as I recall. I live about 3 miles from the neighborhood. It's semi rural now, even more so 20 plus years ago. Nice and quiet. Outside the city limits even now. My Dad lives within a mile of their former house.

I've read that 200 yard distance mentioned before recently, but feel at the time I heard it was a neighbor a couple or three houses away...50 yards maybe. May drive by this weekend to jog my memory.

Rachel Louise Cooke - Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas, USA

Does anyone know who and the connection of the Bettye Johnson is who testified in the trial of Michael Keith Moore for the murder of Christina Moore (no relation) in 2003? He is/was a suspect in disappearance/kidnapping and possible possible murder of Rachel Louise Cooke. TIA
I didn’t follow this case back then but it looks like Michael Moore actually confessed to Rachel’s murder. Betty Johnson is mentioned as being related to Michael Moore- no relation to Christina. Wonder if he truly is responsible for Rachel’s murder?

* Much of Moore's legal trouble revolved around sexual misconduct.

On Feb. 24, 2004, Moore's stepdaughter-in-law awoke to find him rubbing her leg in bed. Moore, who was arrested two days later for burglary and assault, knew she would be alone that night, Bettye Johnson testified at his parole revocation hearing.

…..

On Sept. 20, 2003 — three days before Moore would kill Round Rock resident Christina Moore, who is not related to him — he attended a Georgetown party, during which a 20-year-old woman reported being raped after her clothes were cut away as she slept. Moore was a suspect and met with detectives on Sept. 24 and Oct. 8. No charges were filed in the assault, but Moore's parole was revoked because he provided alcohol to two minors at the party.
….
Four days after Christina Moore's murder, Michael Moore anonymously telephoned investigators to say that he had found checks bearing her name in a pay phone coin-return slot. It would be one of the most obvious clues linking Moore to the murder.

The break came when Moore's stepdaughter-in-law approached sheriff's deputies in February 2004 to discuss Moore's break-in at her home. She also mentioned that Moore once claimed to have possessed checks bearing Christina Moore's name. When detectives played the audiotape of the anonymous caller, she identified the voice as Michael Moore's.

Moore also voluntarily provided leads on Cooke's disappearance, speaking in enough detail to enable Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley to charge him with murder, alleging that he hit Cooke with a hammer and suffocated her.

Under an agreement, Moore was to plead guilty to Cooke's murder and lead investigators to where he had left her body. He also would show where he buried her jewelry and other personal effects, but instead he pleaded not guilty on Nov. 9, reneging on the deal.

I've read that 200 yard distance mentioned before recently, but feel at the time I heard it was a neighbor a couple or three houses away...50 yards maybe. May drive by this weekend to jog my memory.
I was just curious if they just saw her jogging by thru the window? Or they were outside watering the flower bed? Did they see any vehicles lurking by or people walking around? The thinking is Rachel did not make it back to her home, right? So where was the abductor hiding or hanging out? 200 yards makes the window for something to happen relatively small I'm thinking.

I was just curious if they just saw her jogging by thru the window? Or they were outside watering the flower bed? Did they see any vehicles lurking by or people walking around? The thinking is Rachel did not make it back to her home, right? So where was the abductor hiding or hanging out? 200 yards makes the window for something to happen relatively small I'm thinking.
The thinking is someone drove by stopped and grabbed her. A "white or light blue camaro or firebird" was seen on the street. It's kind of a horse shoe if I remember. The lots are big there, and their house was I think the second one in the horseshoe. 200 yards one way puts her around the corner from the house a few houses, and the other way 4 or 5 houses down the street. I did not make it by today...I may still though. It's not far. Kind of slipped my mind.

The thinking is someone drove by stopped and grabbed her. A "white or light blue camaro or firebird" was seen on the street. It's kind of a horse shoe if I remember. The lots are big there, and their house was I think the second one in the horseshoe. 200 yards one way puts her around the corner from the house a few houses, and the other way 4 or 5 houses down the street. I did not make it by today...I may still though. It's not far. Kind of slipped my mind. I think someone was outside perhaps down the road a short ways.

I didn’t follow this case back then but it looks like Michael Moore actually confessed to Rachel’s murder. Betty Johnson is mentioned as being related to Michael Moore- no relation to Christina. Wonder if he truly is responsible for Rachel’s murder?

* Much of Moore's legal trouble revolved around sexual misconduct.

On Feb. 24, 2004, Moore's stepdaughter-in-law awoke to find him rubbing her leg in bed. Moore, who was arrested two days later for burglary and assault, knew she would be alone that night, Bettye Johnson testified at his parole revocation hearing.

…..

On Sept. 20, 2003 — three days before Moore would kill Round Rock resident Christina Moore, who is not related to him — he attended a Georgetown party, during which a 20-year-old woman reported being raped after her clothes were cut away as she slept. Moore was a suspect and met with detectives on Sept. 24 and Oct. 8. No charges were filed in the assault, but Moore's parole was revoked because he provided alcohol to two minors at the party.
….
Four days after Christina Moore's murder, Michael Moore anonymously telephoned investigators to say that he had found checks bearing her name in a pay phone coin-return slot. It would be one of the most obvious clues linking Moore to the murder.

The break came when Moore's stepdaughter-in-law approached sheriff's deputies in February 2004 to discuss Moore's break-in at her home. She also mentioned that Moore once claimed to have possessed checks bearing Christina Moore's name. When detectives played the audiotape of the anonymous caller, she identified the voice as Michael Moore's.

Moore also voluntarily provided leads on Cooke's disappearance, speaking in enough detail to enable Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley to charge him with murder, alleging that he hit Cooke with a hammer and suffocated her.

Under an agreement, Moore was to plead guilty to Cooke's murder and lead investigators to where he had left her body. He also would show where he buried her jewelry and other personal effects, but instead he pleaded not guilty on Nov. 9, reneging on the deal.
You are correct...I was thinking it may have been an ex wife perhaps. Reading it again reinforces that thought. Moore did confess, but then reneged in court. I've read multiple places it's common for people already doing lengthy sentences to do this because it brings attention back to them, and gains them a few days out of lock up, and some extra treats...cigs & food mostly.

I really don't recall. You'd have to go back on the Google and search the early new reports. I think maybe, but then again, they don't want people knowing that kind of information, but it could draw a lot of unwanted attention, possibly from the bad guys.

Well, that's the general consensus, MKM even said as much...he was "driving around looking for something to still or someone to grab". I think grab was the word he used, but it could have been rape. It's well documented in articles.

On the other hand, that whole Georgetown, Leander, Liberty Hill area is pretty tight knit. People I know who were that age back then all seem to have known each other, and knew what others were up to. Who's thuggin', who's doing drugs, and who'd doin' who, who's in trouble, or ought to be, or hasn't been caught yet. They also think that that authorities know, and someone has too high of connections to be caught. I hear that a lot in this area. I think at one point they were on to something, but then they just changed directions. Namely where they were digging, and with the car they were searching, and found in the Dallas area. They said the cadaver dogs hit on some human remains, but they quit digging after less than a whole day. In regards to the car, they said it belonged to someone they had had on their radar for a while, and that they found blood / DNA inside it...then crickets...nothing. Mighty suspiscious to me. Apparently GT has a history of corruption in the city, and Williamson County.

I really don't recall. You'd have to go back on the Google and search the early new reports. I think maybe, but then again, they don't want people knowing that kind of information, but it could draw a lot of unwanted attention, possibly from the bad guys.
There was couple walking to or from their car to their house, a man working in his yard, and one other I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back