TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

Hi Lizzy. I am sorry that you had no results on Sunday's search. What can we do? Can we call the Austin Police Department and just inquire about her? Can we do anything to help further the investigation?

LionRun

Following this thread and thinking of Roxanne. i wish i could find her and bring her back.

i so hope she is home soonest.

Thank you Floh. Lizzy expressed on another forum that she is interested in new or any ideas to renew LE's interest in Roxanne's disappearance. She feels they may be at a stand still or have just run out of leads. Let Lizzy explain the facts about that. I don't want to misquote her.

But, if you or any other members here have ANY ideas please post. Lizzy and her family could use our help and of course support is always good too.

LionRun

LionRun said:
Thank you Floh. Lizzy expressed on another forum that she is interested in new or any ideas to renew LE's interest in Roxanne's disappearance. She feels they may be at a stand still or have just run out of leads. Let Lizzy explain the facts about that. I don't want to misquote her.

But, if you or any other members here have ANY ideas please post. Lizzy and her family could use our help and of course support is always good too.

LionRun

Maybe this is in the links and i've missed it, but my question is by whom?

"Eighteen-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in July at a hotel on Interstate-35 and Rundberg."

who, exactly, saw her there?

is it absolutely sure she was ever there on that date?

Floh said:
Maybe this is in the links and i've missed it, but my question is by whom?

"Eighteen-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in July at a hotel on Interstate-35 and Rundberg."

who, exactly, saw her there?

is it absolutely sure she was ever there on that date?

I spoke with her the night before, she said she would be home the next day,
next day came ,she didnt show, so i went shopping with my other chidren, arrive back around 4:30, shortly after the boyfriend,Louis Walls, called me, which he never called, because he knew i didnt approve or like him, and asked if I heard from Roxanne, the he proceed to tell me that they had an arguement she walked out the hotel room and he followed, she said leave me the f--- alone and he went back to the room and went back out shortly to look for her and never could find her.
She left behind her purse, cell phone and clothes,
I finally got the phone back about 4 days latter and there were about 7-9 pages of calls on there after he said she went missing,

I only have waht he said happened,
I did speak with some other people who said she was there that day but as for exact times and what not ,it gets confussing.,

I did make him call the police to make a report and I also made a missing report, but the Le didnt catch up with him untill about week later , because between the time the DET was assign to her case and not being able to interview with the BF.
The LE did a interview with him at his resident, I think<
but has never brought him him for questioning or a lie detector test , nor did they go to the room where she was last in, to check for any thing,
this story can go on and on,
I was out searching for her the from very begining, and came across a street girl who I asked if she ever seen my daughter ,she said no so the next day I went back and ran into her again she asked if I had found her, I said no , then she reached for a cross around her neck and kissed it and she said she will help find her, the next thing I new the LE called and asked for Roxannes dental record because they had found a female body across town,
It wasnt Roxanne ,but it was The same girll I spoke who kissed her cross , Her name is Lorretta Lynn Roberts she was killed and dumped , I think it was the last day that I spoke with her that she was last time anyone saw her
I also in searching for Roxanne came across a security man , at a different hotel, just down the street, who said there was a disturbance a couple of days before, where the ploice were called, his wallet fell out and the security guard picked it up and opened it and saw Roxannes ID in It, he was later was questioned about it and said he gave Roxanne and Louis Walls a ride to the store and she left it behind
Roxanne nor Louise had a car
To this day the man who had her ID, still has it
I have asked for it back but I never get any where

as for Roxanne, we dont know what happened to her
Did the BF have any thing to do with
Did some one grab her
We just dont know
we are at a lost
We have searched fields , thank to some good friend of mine who I have known for 20 yrs who he work for the volunteer fire department and help organize a search, no help from LE
its been 6 months now and nothing , nothing at all

let me point out
she had an agurment with the BF not me or family , we had a great relationship she just didnt walk out after the arguement and decide to walk away from everything and everybody in her life, you have to plan for something, just not in the heat of the moment,
she was working and had bank account with debit card, she just got the phone in her name to start aquiring credit, she was working on her GED, she had only one more test to take and then I was giving her car, she was so excited about that, she worked hard for it and deserved it.
so this is some of what that has been going on
thanks for listening

Lizzy

the fact that he called her mom after they had a fight is a huge red flag.

he thinks by calling and acting concerned it will take the suspicion off of him, but actually it is just the opposite!!!

There are too many red flags involving Roxanne's disappearance, and the police did not seem to even do the basics beginning with looking in the hotel room for any signs of foul play or even any clues as to where she might have, "taken off to".

The boyfriend did not call Roxanne's Mom until after 4:30 P.M. the next day. If I were him, and my boyfriend (I'm a woman let's do the reverse) left walking near a highway, at night, with nothing but the clothes on his back, no phone, nothing. I'd be calling her friends and where he lived and searching all night. I would not wait until nearly 5 PM the next day to see if he got home safely.

I wonder if he called any of her friends previous to the call to Roxanne's mother. That can be checked. I doubt that the police did check though. And, he made 7-9 pages of calls to his ex-girlfriend in New Mexico on Roxanne's cell phone that she, "left behind"---after the he said she went missing at 8:30PM. What, did he think it would be constructive in their relationship to make countless phone calls from Roxanne's cell phone to HIS ex-girlfriend? Would that help them make up? How would he possibly explain that to her?

He said, that he went looking for her. If he was making calls from Roxanne's cell phone routinely that night after she disappeared, the location of the calls can be traced too. I doubt the police did that though either. I do not understand why. What if the call record holds key evidence to where he actually was that night?

And I don't care what anyone says. It is too odd that a friend of the boyfriend has Roxanne's ID. It makes NO sense to begin with, and it makes NO sense that he still has it after 6 months. What, is he the curator of lost ID's for his friend? C'mon.
Now, to Roxanne. I know of no young woman who would have an argument with a boyfriend and leave a hotel with nothing but the clothes on her back. No purse, no ID, no clothes, no money, no checkbook. And her accounts have not been used since.

She was proud of herself, just 18, had a job and had her first line of credit--for her cell phone that was left behind. She was making positive changes in her life. She was about to finish her GED and receive a car from her Mom as a gift. She got along well with her Mom and family. How does it make any sense that she would disappear, without a trace, without ever calling any family or friends since? I do not know her, But I have a daughter who turned 19 on January 7th. I cannot imagine what Lizzy, Roxanne's brothers and sisters, and other family and friends are going through.

Lizzy, please forgive me if I am pushy about the disappearance of your
Roxanne. It upsets me that LE seemingly has not put forth an honest effort to find her. It seems they did not take her disappearance seriously. They may have thought she was just an angry girlfriend who will show up eventually. But, with all the red flags, I just don't understand why they did not seem too alarmed.
If anyone has any ideas on how to renew LE's interest, and to keep the media interested please post.

Prayers and hopes every day for Roxanne, and her family.

LionRun

Too many red flags and no action in this case. What can we do to help this family?

Fred

Personally, i find L.E.'s inaction absolutely appalling! :mad:

what do people pay their wages for? nothing?

Thank you Floh, Fred, and all who have been reading this thread who care about the disappearance of Roxanne.

Lizzy, we are here for you. I am praying as are I imagine other lovely caring sleuthers here.

Please tell us what we can do. I want to help as do others I'm sure. Can we make calls? If so to whom do you suggest?

Prayers and hopes always,

LionRun

Okay sleuthers. We can take action here. America's Most Wanted is considering putting something on their show about Roxanne. I just read on another forum that members may send letters to ask AMW to feature Roxanne's case.

I am asking for members here to write letters to AMW (link below) to do a feature on Roxanne. This may prove very helpful. Mods please let me know if I violated TOS rules, and I will edit my post asap. Thanks to all who care, hope, and pray.

http://www.amw.com/about_amw/faq.cfm/

LionRun

Writing AMW ,I think is the best thing to do.

I tried all that when she first came up missing but they said, that werent able to do it at that time, but with everyonbody pushing for it, they may hurry and it do now

I just want to say thank to everyone

Have you tried Steve Huff?

http://crimeblog.us/

there is so much on his site maybe i've missed Roxanne there, but if she isn't there, perhaps Steve might take up her case?

ETA: Steve has been following the case of Jodi Sanderholm, age 19. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45895&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Jodi+Sanderholm

he posts as misterallgood on Websleuths.

tragically, the outcome wasn't good for Jodi and her family. :(

i remain staggared by the lack of action on the part of L.E. on behalf of Roxanne. :furious:

I Just Read About The Outcome Of Jodi Sanderhlom. What A Tragidy,

I Saw Just Last Friday She Was Missing,
God Bless Her Family
She Is In Prayers

LIZZY64 said:
I Just Read About The Outcome Of Jodi Sanderhlom. What A Tragidy,

I Saw Just Last Friday She Was Missing,
God Bless Her Family
She Is In Prayers

It's the worst outcome possible.

further to my last post, i just emailed Steve. i don't know what will come of it. would you do so too?

regards

Clearly this is not a girl who is unloved and uncared for by her family and friends. i would want to see L.E. pull out all the stops to locate Roxanne and fail to understand why hey haven't done so.

i'm deeply suspicious of the boyfriend. did he pay for all those calls he ran up to the ex-girlfriend?

will someone pay for Roxanne's disappearance? clearly, she would not walk away with only the clothes on her back.

Hello Lizzy and other caring sleuthers. I just posted a request for Mr. Huff to include Roxanne in his endeavors. I understand they may be overflowing with others who need his help; but, hopefully he can help. I wrote a letter to AMW too.

Please keep us posted with any other ideas to help you find Roxanne. We are here to help support you too. I pray often, and Roxanne, you, and your family are etched in my thoughts and in my heart. Best to all of you.

LionRun

LionRun said:
Hello Lizzy and other caring sleuthers. I just posted a request for Mr. Huff to include Roxanne in his endeavors. I understand they may be overflowing with others who need his help; but, hopefully he can help. I wrote a letter to AMW too.

Please keep us posted with any other ideas to help you find Roxanne. We are here to help support you too. I pray often, and Roxanne, you, and your family are etched in my thoughts and in my heart. Best to all of you.

LionRun
Steve is having site problems right now but I have no doubt he would help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back