Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean there's no chance the older child will be placed with the family members of Sini in Houston?

That is not what I meant I meant that LE wanted to go ahead and arrest Sini before CPS might move the child to a family placement. It could possible slow down or make them take a second look at that placement following this arrest but I don’t know how much CPS knew about the possible charge.

First I would like to say, to whomever asked about Sini getting a second chance at the custody apple �� uh, NO. Sini will not regain custody of the older child.

Second, I want to take this time to say thank you. When faced with the inability to treat Sini as nothing but a victim this group rose to the challenge. I have never seen such a creative, intelligent bunch of strangers come together and posit out so many possible theorems to find situations in which she could possibly be a victim. Defense attorneys have nothing on this group. Regardless of personal feelings this group was able to collectively work within the parameters allowed. Everyone have youself a cookie.

Now let’s do what we do best let the info loose. All the off book sleuthing can now leave our finger tips

Third, I believe that LE tried to hold off on the arrest until the autopsy was in so they could get grand jury indictments on both with the final maximum charges applicable but the possibility of CPS moving the older child turned the clock ahead. They would have preferred to arrest her on a higher bond charge but they couldn’t risk her getting access to the older child and running or worse.

JMHO

Grouchymom you are awesome!!

I definitely and purposefully did not say my true feelings is SM’s involvement as I really like this group and much like Jessica Ridgeway I see a lot of the same names..., that being said I didn’t want a time out, and it allowed me to think outside the box for a moment, the box was just too confined.

I believe this 3rd story is ultimately that... a 3rd story. The restaurant and the 3 of them eating out is true... the rest a mystery. I am left wondering if the 3 stories is the truth embedded in them?

Maybe Sherin wouldn’t drink her milk (protein shake) and no you can’t go “out to eat” with us (I remember reading she liked to eat outside the home and that’s what I thought of) maybe the tree was a punishment often used (go stand by the tree as a time-out) maybe the garage was also a time out place? And in the second account he “helped” her drink her milk, she choked and maybe he thought she was being dramatic, left her there, come back and that is when he notices her heartbeat slow to death... or that is where good ol Mom the nurse tells him she is almost dead? I think they both watched her die.

There is so much more we don’t know... I have been reading through Gabriel Fernandez and good lord there was SO MUCH MORE..... I think it will all come out soon, at least I hope, and I hope the COD will come out now mom and Dad are behind bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered the same. Maybe restrained to a chair to stay behind and finish her milk. So sad.

JMHO

I just can’t get the picture of that tiny, precious child being left alone at night, probably crying the whole time unless she was already dead. My heart will never be the same.

Am I wrong in assuming this is actually still part of the second story? The way I understand this is it was part of WM's statement that got him rearrested but they did not release this info in the affidavit to protect the case and then took 3 weeks to verify this part of his story via cell and finances and interviews etc to then arrest Sini.

I guess I am looking at this as story 2 version 2.1 LOL

JMO

These idiots must have had an obsession with milk. Why would they try to fill her up with milk if they were going out to eat? Is there any reason she couldn't order milk with her meal?

I wonder if she was restrained in the kitchen for those 90 minutes. Otherwise, what would prevent her from leaving the house and having Sini and Wesley be found out by neighbors.

Then again, if she wasn't restrained, perhaps she got into a lot of things, maybe broke some things, or colored on the walls, and when the child abusers got home, she paid the price. (I hope she took all the milk out of the fridge and dumped it all over the spotless house)

Maybe she took out all the wooden spoons and did things with them. It sure makes all the things they took from the kitchen have new meaning.....

I wonder if she was restrained in the kitchen for those 90 minutes. Otherwise, what would prevent her from leaving the house and having Sini and Wesley be found out by neighbors.

I would speculate that she was already deceased. It would not surprise me if they stored her body in the refrigerator (kitchen). The Mathews have a pattern of weaving small bits of truth in their stories. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm concerned that there will be no clear COD.

Noted that they ordered two adult meals and ONE Child's meal. Why nothing ordered to take home to little Sherin? Was she already dead?

<raises hand> Because they didn't give a crap about Sherin's well-being? Sorry, I'm angry. Most of us knew something stunk about the mother being asleep the night Sherin disappeared and while I know I can't speak for everyone here I think (IMO) that even posters who tried to give Sini the benefit of the doubt had moments of doubting the story.

I'm jumping ahead here but like y'all I needed to express my disgust at the actions of these parents even though none of the news is really surprising.

So... I'm off to read the doc but right now I'm guessing that the 3 am time WS said in his first story is somehow important. I'm afraid we're going to learn that horrors took place in the house that night that have nothing to do with medical conditions, loving parents who were stressed out or any innocent reason.

It makes me sick to think of Sherin's suffering during those days. How could any person do that to any human, let alone a defenseless toddler?

If Sherin was still alive when they returned home like they are claiming, that almost makes the whole scenario worse.

A drive to the restaurant, eating dinner, an additional ride home, an hour and a half of time had passed and they returned home STILL unable to have cooled off about the milk incident from earlier?!

Once again, something seems off and things just don't add up. Similarly to the previous charging documents, we aren't seeing the whole story, just small parts of it, but even with that in mind it just doesn't make sense to me that the parents completely removed themselves from the situation (leaving Sherin alone at home!) Drove to the restaurant (time to think and reflect) had their bellies filled while in the company of other restaurant patrons who were likely in good spirits, drove home (more time to think & reflect) and yet even still, an hour and a half later, they have not regained their composure enough to handle the situation in a manner that doesn't result in harm or death. After all that activity and time away, most people probably would have just conceded, called it a night and went to bed.

Did they discover something else to be upset about when they returned home?

Did something happen again later that night?

Did Sherin ever eat dinner that evening? Someone clever pointed out earlier that an additional kids meal wasn't ordered so there was obviously no intention of bringing anything home for her. Was she hungry and asking repeatedly for a meal but the parents demanded she drink the milk first/instead?

Is all of this still really about milk?!

Was she alive when they left? I hate to think of going out for a family meal as being a priority when there's a dead child's body lying around at home, but I suppose more bizarre and heartless things have happened. I would think their priority would be concealing it or getting just the older daughter out of the house or coming up with/corroborating their stories, which surely a public venue with your other daughter in attendance wouldn't be an ideal time or place for that.

But again, like another poster pointed out, how can you leave a 3 year old at home (alive) without the worry that they will leave the house, be found by a neighbor or some other scenario where it would be found out (immediately) that you had left your child alone for nearly 2 hours? Was this a one time thing or something that happened often?

So many questions. I feel as though I am always so desperate to hear more information divulged, but each time I learn of something new being released, I end up having even more questions not less.

What if the parents resented Sherin because she got tons of attention (so cute, so small, so innocent, and a ham to boot), perhaps more than their other daughter. They resent her having needs, resent that the adoption check-ins have been difficult because of Sherin's eating. They want to control her and make her do what is normal.

Sherin loves to go out to eat. But they want to control her, so they say she has to drink her drink before she can go out. Sherin refuses, maybe has a fit, and they leave her. My guess is they either left her strapped into a chair, or the locked the doors so she couldn't leave the kitchen. When they get back, they again try to make her drink her drink. But she's been home alone for an hour and a half, perhaps crying the whole time. She's in no state to drink her drink. Or she dismantled the kitchen and now parents are furious. One of the parents takes her out to the garage and puts her in her car seat, and tells her she is going to be there until she drinks her drink. One parent takes the other daughter and puts her to bed. The need to control Sherin and make her do what she is told overrides, and one parent ends up choking Sherin.

I think Sherin died much earlier in the evening.

My guess is that isolation as punishment was a frequent occurrence, and they had a place they put here for isolation. Perhaps there is a mural of a tree in the house, and a chair with restraints there. Or a closet in the Kitchen with a lock. My guess is that they had left her home before.
In my opinion, It was all about control, and two very controlling adults who could not stand that they were being bested by a 3 year old. Could not stand that they had sacrificed so much, done so much for this child and she was ungrateful and stubborn (their perspective, NOT mine). IMO

I have a feeling there is a COD ( or other unexplainable injuries) and she didn't choke on milk.

MOO

Pretty sure myself she didn't choke on milk, but a prosecutor can only take a case to court with what he/she is pretty sure the state can prove. And because of the time, temperature, and size of the baby I can't help but worry.

Mind-blowing that not just one, but two adults decided it was OK to leave a 3-year-old home alone. And one of those adults was an RN.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The Mccanns were both doctors and left all 3 of their toddlers alone in an unlocked room in a foreign country, so.... it happens.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This ^ was little Sherin locked in a closet or restrained? Makes me really wonder what CPS visit earlier was all about.
Maybe in a high chair. A babysitter did this to me when I wouldn't eat (i had a lot of digestive issues) and took my brother on a walk...I was terrified. They were probably only gone 10 minutes or less...even at 4 or 5 my brother knew it wasn't right. It was more of a scare tactic on her part I think. Luckily my parents fired her after we sobbed and had nightmares about her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wesley told them about them going to the dinner without Sherin on 10/23...

Why did it take so long for abandonment charges then?!
Probly corroborating it with independent evidence

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If Sherin was still alive when they returned home like they are claiming, that almost makes the whole scenario worse.

A drive to the restaurant, eating dinner, an additional ride home, an hour and a half of time had passed and they returned home STILL unable to have cooled off about the milk incident from earlier?!

Once again, something seems off and things just don't add up. Similarly to the previous charging documents, we aren't seeing the whole story, just small parts of it, but even with that in mind it just doesn't make sense to me that the parents completely removed themselves from the situation (leaving Sherin alone at home!) Drove to the restaurant (time to think and reflect) had their bellies filled while in the company of other restaurant patrons who were likely in good spirits, drove home (more time to think & reflect) and yet even still, an hour and a half later, they have not regained their composure enough to handle the situation in a manner that doesn't result in harm or death. After all that activity and time away, most people probably would have just conceded, called it a night and went to bed.

Did they discover something else to be upset about when they returned home?

Did something happen again later that night?

Did Sherin ever eat dinner that evening? Someone clever pointed out earlier that an additional kids meal wasn't ordered so there was obviously no intention of bringing anything home for her. Was she hungry and asking repeatedly for a meal but the parents demanded she drink the milk first/instead?

Is all of this still really about milk?!

Was she alive when they left? I hate to think of going out for a family meal as being a priority when there's a dead child's body lying around at home, but I suppose more bizarre and heartless things have happened. I would think their priority would be concealing it or getting just the older daughter out of the house or coming up with/corroborating their stories, which surely a public venue with your other daughter in attendance wouldn't be an ideal time or place for that.

But again, like another poster pointed out, how can you leave a 3 year old at home (alive) without the worry that they will leave the house, be found by a neighbor or some other scenario where it would be found out (immediately) that you had left your child alone for nearly 2 hours? Was this a one time thing or something that happened often?

So many questions. I feel as though I am always so desperate to hear more information divulged, but each time I learn of something new being released, I end up having even more questions not less.

MissMalowe, you're asking some great questions! I think we'll soon get some of the answers as RPD seems eager to share as much as they can of Sherin's case with the community.

In the meantime, if I had to make some guesses then a few things really stick out to me (thanks to you and other posters for bringing them up!):

- Leaving an unrestrained Sherin home alone for at least an hour and a half.
- Not bringing food home for her.
- No cooldown period.
- The 3am time given by WM.
- The SUV missing from 4am to 5am (approx.).

And I'll add: Did Sini's lawyer have any idea before and after Sherin's body was found that she was not asleep that night?

So for now I'm still thinking that 3am to 5am are critical times, which then leads me to wonder if Sherin was severely injured when the parents went out for dinner. Did they return home to see she was either dead or dying? What occurred in the next hours? Cleanup and laundry maybe? Figuring out disposal and their stories?

IMO the reason neither sought medical help for Sherin is because there was telltale evidence on her little body that would indicate abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams