Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your comments, Margo/Mom! I often struggle when posters here at WS opine that a mother might have been a victim of DV which in turn may mitigate the mother's obligation to protect her child. And yes, I was once a victim of DV and the choices I made may color my opinion of how mothers should proceed in similar circumstances. FWIW, I had the confidence and support of my parents and was able to exit the abuse and I acknowledge that not every woman is as lucky but it's very hard for me to excuse continuing abuse on a child.

IOW, let an :behind: beat on me but if he beats on my kid then it's on me to stop the abuse.

I know it's been suggested in this case that Sini may have been a victim of abuse by WM. In another case I'm following where a father beat his newborn to death and hid her body posters have suggested the same about the baby's mother.

In both cases IMO it's reasonable for CPS to question the ability of the mother to move forward in a way that she is able and willing to protect her surviving child. IMO it may (or may not) come down to the willingness of the mother to break the cycle of abuse. Neither upbringing nor cultural mores should determine the level of risk a mother is willing to tolerate for her child.

Glad you were able to get out. Even when there is a will, I know how difficult (and sometimes confusing) it can be to learn all new habits and ways of seeing and responding to people.

Some of the proceedings of the custody hearing were delayed yesterday because of "aggravated circumstances" in the case, which was widely reported in the international media.

The Dallas court did not address what those "aggravated circumstances" were, and the attorneys for Sherin's mother declined to comment about the reasons for the delay, the report said.

The custody hearing has now been reset for November 29.

In the family court, a judge can "waive requirement of a service plan and the requirement to make reasonable efforts to return the child to a parent," according to the Texas Family Code "if the court finds that the parent has subjected the child to aggravated circumstances."

The family code includes injury to a child as an aggravated circumstance, the report said.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/she...r-care-will-live-with-extended-family-1775391

I think that would be best waiting until the autopsy is in. Imagine if it turns out not what WM says and instead show she has healing fractures for example, a sign that it wasn't a one of moment from WM. For my own peace of mind I would have kept her with CP's until the autopsy report was in, even though it is better for sherin to be with family

If I were the GAL/CASA on this case based on what I know now, I would recommend hold the familial placement until the autopsy is in also. Although they may have a preliminary that we are not privy to and that is why it appears to be proceeding. I think as uncomfortable as it is for the parties involved one should always err on the side of safety for the child. And that may very well be what CPS/DSS is waiting on to complete the homestudy. If they had been as gung ho about moving the child quickly as the press made it sound they would have presented a completed study Monday and it would have happened then.

JMHO

...If they had been as gung ho about moving the child quickly as the press made it sound they would have presented a completed study Monday and it would have happened then.

I think most of the reporters immediately corrected their posts indicating that the homestudy is getting completed only by Wednesday.

The Dallas Morning News report is clearer than the earlier media reports on the hearing. Btw ndtv.com from India seems to be doing copy paste mainly from this report !!
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2017/11/12/custody-hearing-set-monday-4-year-old-sister-sherin-mathews

A family court judge ruled Monday that the 4-year-old sister of Sherin Mathews, the Richardson girl found dead in a culvert last month, will soon leave foster care to live with extended family.

Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said the change won't happen today but could at any time. It wasn't publicly clear Monday which relatives would have custody of the child or what kind of visitation the girl's mother, Sini Mathews, would have with her.

I think this is why it is going to take some time to move this one forward.

In my rather anecdotal experience, even in families where one parent abuses while the other is a victim, there are lots of questions about the victim parent's future ability to protect any children from the other parent, or possibly from future partners. There is a likelihood of continuing patterns of abuse--such as those who grow up in abusive families and then find themselves re-victimized in their choice of a life partner. Not always, but sometimes. And particularly when there has been no intervention from counseling, etc.

Pretty clear WM is going to be legally removed one way or another. But CPS has a somewhat greater latitude than a criminal court when it comes to determining Sini's level of complicity with whatever happened--on that night and for any time leading up. And using that assessment to determine if she poses an ongoing ris--even if looking a possible sins of omission rather than commission.

Great post.

Since we have heard that CPS was involved before it may have been for benign reasons such as adjusting to the adoption. However, none of us really know why the contact was made or even if there was more than one contact unless somehow I have missed reading the reasons they came there before Sherin was killed.

Have we learned how Sherin injured her arm? The reason I asked is someone may have done a mandatory reporting possibly suspecting child abuse at the time. Maybe they saw what appeared to be fingerprint bruising at the time on her arm as if someone applied abusive angry pressure by yanking her around too hard causing injury. And as far as we know there may have been other complaints called in anonymously about Sherin possibly being mistreated too. The complaints may have been against both parents' parenting skills or lack of. imo There is a reason LE is suspicious of Sini. If not, I think she would have gotten her bio daughter back by now. Instead DFC is resisting. Imo, that can only mean they believe she either may have been involved in any abuse done to Sherin or she conveniently ignored it and allowed it to happen without trying to stop it.

I will not say Sini knew of the abuse done to Sherin for I have no concrete evidence of that at this time. But I will say my own mother knew about everything that was happening to me starting when I was a very small child continuing into my mid teens and she chose to look the other way and did nothing....not stopping it or even trying to protect/defend me when she knew it was happening.

I was 36 years old before I ever told anyone, and during the time of my therapy, I joined a support group that had both men and women in it who had been severely abused during their childhood for many years. There were two common denominators. 1) Most had experienced abuse by both parents whether it was physical, emotional, neglect or sexual abuse or all of the above even though one of the parents was the main abuser and the other parent the enabler. 2) Most all of them were totally convinced their own mothers knew about the abuse and did nothing to help them but sided with the abusive parent instead. In many cases, the non-supportive parent (enabler of the abuser) would go so far as to often leave them with the abuser who they knew would abuse the child when left alone with the main abusive parent. :mad: Many said they were deeply haunted to know they were abandoned by the parent that was suppose to protect them at all cost.

The PTSD most suffered from was greatly enhanced due to knowing their mothers abandoned them in their greatest time of need and support. In fact many of the struggling survivors had much more inner rage against their mothers for the betrayal they felt than the fathers/grandfathers/uncle who had abused them.

There were a few men there who had been emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by their mothers/grandmothers/aunts during the entire time they remained in the home growing up. These men really struggled to understand why their own mothers/grandmothers/aunts would put them through so much emotional/physical pain and such degradation. Many of the abuse survivors had never spoken out about what had happened all during their growing up period, and were much older adults before they were able to face what had happened to them.

I wish I could totally believe Sini was an innocent bystander in all of this, but I find it very hard to believe actually. Devoted mothers have a sixth sense and pickup on things they know aren't right that is happening in their own homes. They are much more observant about those kind of things than fathers seem to be. imo

JMO though and nothing more.

Great post.

Since we have heard that CPS was involved before it may have been for benign reasons such as adjusting to the adoption. However, none of us really know why the contact was made or even if there was more than one contact unless somehow I have missed reading the reasons they came there before Sherin was killed.

Have we learned how Sherin injured her arm? The reason I asked is someone may have done a mandatory reporting possibly suspecting child abuse at the time. Maybe they saw what appeared to be fingerprint bruising at the time on her arm as if someone applied abusive angry pressure by yanking her around too hard causing injury. And as far as we know there may have been other complaints called in anonymously about Sherin possibly being mistreated too. The complaints may have been against both parents' parenting skills or lack of. imo There is a reason LE is suspicious of Sini. If not, I think she would have gotten her bio daughter back by now. Instead DFC is resisting. Imo, that can only mean they believe she either may have been involved in any abuse done to Sherin or she conveniently ignored it and allowed it to happen without trying to stop it.

I will not say Sini knew of the abuse done to Sherin for I have no concrete evidence of that at this time. But I will say my own mother knew about everything that was happening to me starting when I was a very small child continuing into my mid teens and she chose to look the other way and did nothing....not stopping it or even trying to protect/defend me when she knew it was happening.

I was 36 years old before I ever told anyone, and during the time of my therapy, I joined a support group that had both men and women in it who had been severely abused during their childhood for many years. There were two common denominators. 1) Most had experienced abuse by both parents whether it was physical, emotional, neglect or sexual abuse or all of the above even though one of the parents was the main abuser and the other parent the enabler. 2) Most all of them were totally convinced their own mothers knew about the abuse and did nothing to help them but sided with the abusive parent instead. In many cases, the non-supportive parent (enabler of the abuser) would go so far as to often leave them with the abuser who they knew would abuse the child when left alone with the main abusive parent. :mad: Many said they were deeply haunted to know they were abandoned by the parent that was suppose to protect them at all cost.

The PTSD most suffered from was greatly enhanced due to knowing their mothers abandoned them in their greatest time of need and support. In fact many of the struggling survivors had much more inner rage against their mothers for the betrayal they felt than the fathers/grandfathers/uncle who had abused them.

There were a few men there who had been emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by their mothers/grandmothers/aunts during the entire time they remained in the home growing up. These men really struggled to understand why their own mothers/grandmothers/aunts would put them through so much emotional/physical pain and such degradation. Many of the abuse survivors had never spoken out about what had happened all during their growing up period, and were much older adults before they were able to face what had happened to them.

I wish I could totally believe Sini was an innocent bystander in all of this, but I find it very hard to believe actually. Devoted mothers have a sixth sense and pickup on things they know aren't right that is happening in their own homes. They are much more observant about those kind of things than fathers seem to be. imo

JMO though and nothing more.

I think one reality is that denial can be a very slippery thing. I grew up in an alcoholic home, although both of my parents were professionals, well-regarded by friends, peers, etc. Their drinking escalated through my lifetime. Although I was never physically harmed, there was a lot of ugly going on at home in my last high school years. As an adult, I have come to realize that each of my siblings had a profoundly different experience than mine. My older brother was essentially out of the household before things got really bad. My younger brother probably saw worse than I did, after I left. But it was a long time before I could say with assurance that my parents (as well as their siblings) were alcoholics. Actually not with certainty until both had died of cirrhosis. And it took some time (and therapy) after than to realize the impact on my own life and perspectives. And even in the midst of the most intense therapy times, when I was completely capable of saying my name in a 12 step meeting and claim my codependence, I had flashes of thinking I was in the wrong place, this wasn't me, it really wasn't that bad.

Ultimately my perspective on my parents, and much of my family is this. They did their best, given everything. But their best didn't measure up to what I needed.

And what CPS is going to have to figure out is how Sini's best measures up against what her daughter needs. I don't necessarily see them as looking for answers from LE or the ME report, although I am certain they will consider that information as it is available to them. In my experience CPS and LE are their own worlds, even though they overlap and in some locales they have learned how to cooperate effectively (such as collaborating on forensic interviews with children who are suspected of having been sexually abused--so they don't have to keep telling their story over and over to new groups of strangers). LE is really in the business of figuring out who's right and wrong in the eyes of the law, who can be charged and with what. CPS doesn't require a conviction (or the lack of one) to make decisions. Enabling an abuser (or denying their abuse because it is just too overwhelming to accept) may not be a chargeable offense, depending. But it is also not a very healthy condition. CPS could also decide to make a case that Sini was so horribly traumatized by events (for instance if she lapsed into a depression) that she is incapable of caring for her daughter. Not suggesting that they will, only want to point out that they have a different set of options than the criminal court. Criminal court has to make a decision about what happened. Family court has to consider what is likely to happen in the future.

Thanks for sharing your stories, OBE and M/M. I am always amazed by the trauma, suffering and heartbreak we at WS have endured and survived both individually and collectively. No wonder we are drawn like moths to a flame to protect and seek justice for these innocent souls such as Sherin and her sister. (group hug)

OBE thank you for touching on the anger of not being protected by the 'non-abuser' or abuser-enabler. I worry about that for big sister. Fast forward 5 years, 10 years... How will she feel about mom if there was a pattern of abuse and mom is still in her life? Or even if there wasnt a pattern, Sherin still died on her watch. Kid logic is pretty blunt. It seems that the mixed emotional messages (this is my mom I am supposed to love her) and (she let my sister die I hate her) would be so... destructive and debilitating in the event that have regular contact.

How does big sister even begin to deal with this family history? I think her young age is definitely a blessing, at least she has that going for her.

Thanks for sharing your stories, OBE and M/M. I am always amazed by the trauma, suffering and heartbreak we at WS have endured and survived both individually and collectively. No wonder we are drawn like moths to a flame to protect and seek justice for these innocent souls such as Sherin and her sister. (group hug)

OBE thank you for touching on the anger of not being protected by the 'non-abuser' or abuser-enabler. I worry about that for big sister. Fast forward 5 years, 10 years... How will she feel about mom if there was a pattern of abuse and mom is still in her life? Or even if there wasnt a pattern, Sherin still died on her watch. Kid logic is pretty blunt. It seems that the mixed emotional messages (this is my mom I am supposed to love her) and (she let my sister die I hate her) would be so... destructive and debilitating in the event that have regular contact.

How does big sister even begin to deal with this family history? I think her young age is definitely a blessing, at least she has that going for her.

There would be a new version of this story created, and it would become the reality for this child. She would never question it at all, or at least until she was much much older...if ever. I can think of another thread where a family has created a whole alternate reality and narrative about the murder of a family member. Deep denial, but perhaps a survival coping mechanism as well.

There would be a new version of this story created, and it would become the reality for this child. She would never question it at all, or at least until she was much much older...if ever. I can think of another thread where a family has created a whole alternate reality and narrative about the murder of a family member. Deep denial, but perhaps a survival coping mechanism as well.

Yeah. Denial is a survival coping mechanism.

And whatever happens, sister will likely create and recreate her own understanding of events, based in part on what she is told, or remembers, but also on her own needs and developmental capabilities. Pretty common to revisit the trauma at various developmental stages as her self-concept and understanding of the world develop.

Not uncommon for kids who escape an abusive situation with a non-abusive parent to blame the parent who is with them. Why? because they are there. And because it is easy to fantasize the missing parent according to remembered positives. Sometimes a kid who has experienced sexual abuse will project their experience onto a foster parent. Why? because they find it less threatening that making an accusation towards their parent.

Some kids look just fine and then fall apart when they hit adolescence and reprocess their loss of family or parent--and perhaps grapple with whether or not they "deserve" the events in their lives, or whether they, or a parent, could have prevented things that happen. Some people store up their pain successfully all their lives, or until they are elderly and happen to have an occasion to re-examine.

No one path. No good fixes.

Rosesfromangels and Margo/Mom,

Yes, and actually? I see this denial manifested in my 13yo stepdaughter, who has been with us two years: creating her own version of events and fantasizing the missing parent according to remembered positives. I asked her the other night about sexual abuse and she said no. I really have no clue what she lived through under her mama's watch, and honestly, truth is a stranger to her on many days, so we work on honesty with others and ourselves as the lessons present themselves. I have her in counseling, and her therapist has asked me about details from her past that alarmed her when she opened up and shared them, but I do not know anything except her mama is incapable of even caring for her own damn self. Grrr...It is hard to watch, but you are right, she is slowly processing at her own pace, she stores a lot of pain, and alternate realities are her best friend. It is right here in front of me, every day. :heartbeat:

I will never believe my mother was in denial. She was a very smart woman. She simply let me be used as a sacrificial lamb in order to appease my abusive father because she felt this was the way to protect the family's dark secret and also maintain the family's good reputation in our community. On the outside my father was a highly respected educated business man.

Nor do I believe other mothers were/are in denial either when they knew all too well they were enabling the abuser to prey on their own child/children. They made a cognitive choice. They chose to protect the abuser instead of the abused child/children. We unfortunately have horrific examples of that behavior in many cases discussed right here. They chose to protect the dark secrets instead which they knew were happening to their own children inside of their home and even participating in the abuse at times. Imo, it isn't denial, but more about both parents being compilict who dont want their secrets known or exposed. It is more about protecting themselves instead of the abused child.

During my abusive childhood, I, myself was never in denial either. During the many assaults I did disassociate from what was happening to me . I was very aware even as a very young child that what was happening to me was very wrong. I knew it was so wrong that at times I prayed for God to just let me go to sleep at night...never to wake up, and take me home to be with Him. Not once did I think of suicide though. I also felt that was wrong . Of course He had other plans for me, and knew during my life's journey I would become blessed with an abundance of love from so many, and He gave me so many beautiful people to love, respect, and honor. So I have been blessed beyond belief since those dark times so long ago now. Love healed that hopeless scared child that I was at one time. But my heart breaks for any child who has suffered from any kind of abuse especially when it is done by the very ones who are suppose to always love, nurture, and protect them. It is the ultimate betrayal. :(

As far as Sini possibly knowing about any abuse yet remained silent it should be a crime but whether it is.... I do not know. To me it is no different than other criminals who aide and abet so that someone else can commit a felony. That is JMO and how "I" feel though. Anyone who facilitates or allows any abuse to happen to any child should be held fully accountable both during custody situations, and in a court of law. IMO

JMO

I will never believe my mother was in denial. She was a very smart woman. She simply let me be used as a sacrificial lamb in order to appease my abusive father because she felt this was the way to protect the family's dark secret and also maintain the family's good reputation in our community. On the outside my father was a highly respected educated business man.

Nor do I believe other mothers were/are in denial either when they knew all too well they were enabling the abuser to prey on their own child/children. They made a cognitive choice. They chose to protect the abuser instead of the abused child/children. We unfortunately have horrific examples of that behavior in many cases discussed right here. They chose to protect the dark secrets instead which they knew were happening to their own children inside of their home and even participating in the abuse at times. Imo, it isn't denial, but more about both parents being compilict who dont want their secrets known or exposed. It is more about protecting themselves instead of the abused child.

During my abusive childhood, I, myself was never in denial either. During the many assaults I did disassociate from what was happening to me . I was very aware even as a very young child that what was happening to me was very wrong. I knew it was so wrong that at times I prayed for God to just let me go to sleep at night...never to wake up, and take me home to be with Him. Not once did I think of suicide though. I also felt that was wrong . Of course He had other plans for me, and knew during my life's journey I would become blessed with an abundance of love from so many, and He gave me so many beautiful people to love, respect, and honor. So I have been blessed beyond belief since those dark times so long ago now. Love healed that hopeless scared child that I was at one time. But my heart breaks for any child who has suffered from any kind of abuse especially when it is done by the very ones who are suppose to always love, nurture, and protect them. It is the ultimate betrayal. :(

As far as Sini possibly knowing about any abuse yet remained silent it should be a crime but whether it is.... I do not know. To me it is no different than other criminals who aide and abet so that someone else can commit a felony. That is JMO and how "I" feel though. Anyone who facilitates or allows any abuse to happen to any child should be held fully accountable both during custody situations, and in a court of law. IMO

JMO

This all just breaks my heart. Hugs to you, Ocean. ❤️

During my abusive childhood, I, myself was never in denial either. During the many assaults I did disassociate from what was happening to me . I was very aware even as a very young child that what was happening to me was very wrong. I knew it was so wrong that at times I prayed for God to just let me go to sleep at night...never to wake up, and take me home to be with Him. Not once did I think of suicide though. I also felt that was wrong . Of course He had other plans for me, and knew during my life's journey I would become blessed with an abundance of love from so many, and He gave me so many beautiful people to love, respect, and honor. So I have been blessed beyond belief since those dark times so long ago now. Love healed that hopeless scared child that I was at one time. But my heart breaks for any child who has suffered from any kind of abuse especially when it is done by the very ones who are suppose to always love, nurture, and protect them. It is the ultimate betrayal. [emoji20]

JMO

I am sorry for the things you were forced to endure, that no one should have to. I agree with your opinion one hundred percent and have witnessed these types of behaviors in several families firsthand. There is never an excuse to look the other the way! I would take any beating and die if I needed to to remove my child from these circumstances! My mouth has gotten me into tons of trouble over the years while protecting the rights of others. If given the opportunity to life my life over I would not change one bit of it!!

JMO

I am so sorry for what you and the many other victims of abuse had to experience during the years that should have provided you with your best memories not your worst. I am sorry that you and the many like you, had to spend so much of your adult years learning to trust, because those who should have been the most trustworthy let you down, I am sorry that those that had their childhoods stolen by adults (who more than likely perpetuated the treatment that had stolen their own childhoods) stole yours. I am sorry for the innocence stolen and smiles missed. I am sorry for the children of my generation who legally had less protection from abuse than did domestic animals, because dogs and cats were given legal protection before children. I am sorry for the nightmares that were a reality, that the monsters were in your waking hours and sleep was your escape. I am sorry for the antidepressants and therapy so many have needed to overcome what happed behind the closed doors at home where you should have felt safe and secure. I am sorry for the spouses and future spouses of these children because they too have to pay for the loss of trust, thrown away by those who who should have been protectors not abusers. I am sorry for all of the abused children who used and abused alcohol or drugs to self medicate to bury the pain, fear and anger, never finding the safety, security,love and help need to move past their loss. I am sorry that as a society for all we have learned we have not found a way to protect the most vulnerable amongst us. I am sorry that everyday we see, hear or read of another dispicable act perpetrated upon another beautiful child. I am sorry for the little boys who grew up to be abusers because that was the example the saw growing up. I am sorry for the little girls who had their innocence stolen only to repeat that theft with their own children. I am sorry for the victims that committed suicide because they never found their way out of the darkness. I am sorry there were no protectors there for you, no comforters to hold you tight and make everything ok. I am sorry for the fear the children of abuse deal with raising children of thief own always second guessing themselves, checking and rechecking every interaction to make sure they don’t follow in the footsteps of their own abusers, so often over compensating. I am sorry that we have, a war on poverty a war, on drugs a war on terrorism, a war on graffiti but no war on abuse. Child abuse, sexual abuse, elder abuse, domestic violence, spousal abuse, mental abuse all have one thing in common, victims. When will we take a ZERO TOLERANCE stand on violence, and abuse? When is enough enough? When is the death of 1 child from abuse or neglect too many? WE THE PEOPLE have to say ENOUGH. We can organize to save the three eye two toed gloglesnot, raise billions of dollars to protect protest and preserve habitation for some irrelevant. We can spend trillions of tax dollars on reasearch of pig farts or build bridges to nowhere but when do we use our money our time and our resources to protect our most valuable asset, our children? Children are not property. They are gifts on loan, entrusted to us only to prepare them for a happy health future where the can be contributing members of society. The future doctors, lawyers, farmers,chefs, waitress, pilot,Mother, Father and scientists who will cure cancer, solve world hunger, love and be loved and be able to pass that to the next generation. It matters not what color our skin is, what language we speak, what country we are born in, what political party we join, what religion we have to what gender we are our children are the future for this world. How many future doctors or scientists have already been taken? Was Sherin supposed to cure cancer? Was Gabriel Fernandez supposed to be our first Hispanic president? Was Adrian Jones supposed to end world hunger? We will never know because they died at the hands of those that were supposed to,protect them, love them unconditionally, teach them how to be kind, loving contributing memebers of society not hide them away in culverts or feed them to pigs. 1 just 1 too many!

Where are the mad mothers the mothers against drunk drivers made change for the better. Where are the mothers against child abuse or child murder or child neglect. Liam Roberts starved to death age 6, 17 pounds, Sterling Koehn starved to death age 4 months, under 7 pounds, Adrian Jones starved to death age 7, Ke’Younte Penn age 2 and Ja’Karter Williams age 1-year-old cooked to death in oven.

ENOUGH

JMHO

(If this post is in anyway against TOS I am not aware of it. I suppose if it is I will be banned for another 3 days for an exchange of my opinion on this topic, is so I am sorry and will see ya then)

I am so sorry for what you and the many other victims of abuse had to experience during the years that should have provided you with your best memories not your worst. I am sorry that you and the many like you, had to spend so much of your adult years learning to trust, because those who should have been the most trustworthy let you down, I am sorry that those that had their childhoods stolen by adults (who more than likely perpetuated the treatment that had stolen their own childhoods) stole yours. I am sorry for the innocence stolen and smiles missed. I am sorry for the children of my generation who legally had less protection from abuse than did domestic animals, because dogs and cats were given legal protection before children. I am sorry for the nightmares that were a reality, that the monsters were in your waking hours and sleep was your escape. I am sorry for the antidepressants and therapy so many have needed to overcome what happed behind the closed doors at home where you should have felt safe and secure. I am sorry for the spouses and future spouses of these children because they too have to pay for the loss of trust, thrown away by those who who should have been protectors not abusers. I am sorry for all of the abused children who used and abused alcohol or drugs to self medicate to bury the pain, fear and anger, never finding the safety, security,love and help need to move past their loss. I am sorry that as a society for all we have learned we have not found a way to protect the most vulnerable amongst us. I am sorry that everyday we see, hear or read of another dispicable act perpetrated upon another beautiful child. I am sorry for the little boys who grew up to be abusers because that was the example the saw growing up. I am sorry for the little girls who had their innocence stolen only to repeat that theft with their own children. I am sorry for the victims that committed suicide because they never found their way out of the darkness. I am sorry there were no protectors there for you, no comforters to hold you tight and make everything ok. I am sorry for the fear the children of abuse deal with raising children of thief own always second guessing themselves, checking and rechecking every interaction to make sure they don’t follow in the footsteps of their own abusers, so often over compensating. I am sorry that we have, a war on poverty a war, on drugs a war on terrorism, a war on graffiti but no war on abuse. Child abuse, sexual abuse, elder abuse, domestic violence, spousal abuse, mental abuse all have one thing in common, victims. When will we take a ZERO TOLERANCE stand on violence, and abuse? When is enough enough? When is the death of 1 child from abuse or neglect too many? WE THE PEOPLE have to say ENOUGH. We can organize to save the three eye two toed gloglesnot, raise billions of dollars to protect protest and preserve habitation for some irrelevant. We can spend trillions of tax dollars on reasearch of pig farts or build bridges to nowhere but when do we use our money our time and our resources to protect our most valuable asset, our children? Children are not property. They are gifts on loan, entrusted to us only to prepare them for a happy health future where the can be contributing members of society. The future doctors, lawyers, farmers,chefs, waitress, pilot,Mother, Father and scientists who will cure cancer, solve world hunger, love and be loved and be able to pass that to the next generation. It matters not what color our skin is, what language we speak, what country we are born in, what political party we join, what religion we have to what gender we are our children are the future for this world. How many future doctors or scientists have already been taken? Was Sherin supposed to cure cancer? Was Gabriel Fernandez supposed to be our first Hispanic president? Was Adrian Jones supposed to end world hunger? We will never know because they died at the hands of those that were supposed to,protect them, love them unconditionally, teach them how to be kind, loving contributing memebers of society not hide them away in culverts or feed them to pigs. 1 just 1 too many!

Where are the mad mothers the mothers against drunk drivers made change for the better. Where are the mothers against child abuse or child murder or child neglect. Liam Roberts starved to death age 6, 17 pounds, Sterling Koehn starved to death age 4 months, under 7 pounds, Ke’Younte Penn age 2 and Ja’Karter Williams age 1-year-old cooked to death in oven.

ENOUGH

JMHO

You're post brought me to tears as it speaks the honest truth and I thank you for that. I'm a mother against it!! I have experienced some of the abuse you've mentioned. I've fought it since I was old enough to speak. There is no doubt my life of nonstop stress has played a major part in my deteriorating health and current battle with a respiratory disease that is going to end my life and I am only 46 years old. I will continue to fight and I will be heard.

News update! Mom now in police custody.... I’m in my doctors office and the posts won’t open for me - poor connectivity:(

Sini Mathews Surrenders to Police, Arrested on Child Endangerment Charge
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Si...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:eek: Did NOT see that coming. (ETA: I just meant that I was losing hope of this ever happening... not that I didn't think she deserved it).

ETA: The link isn't working for me (it might just be me) but just in case it's not... https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html

Sini, Wesley, and bio daughter went out to dinner Friday 10/6 and left Sherin at home, according to the arrest affidavit. What?!? I was really rooting for the mom but now I have so many questions!

News update! Mom now in police custody.... I’m in my doctors office and the posts won’t open for me - poor connectivity:(

Sini Mathews Surrenders to Police, Arrested on Child Endangerment Charge
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Si...d-on-Child-Endangerment-Charge-458059503.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From link:

"Sini Mathews, the mother of 3-year-old Sherin Mathews whose body was found in a drainage culvert after being reported missing by her adoptive father Oct. 7, surrendered to Richardson police Thursday and was arrested on a charge of child endangerment/abandonment.
Both the police and Sini Mathews' attorney, Mitchell Nolte, confirmed the arrest."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sini, Wesley, and bio daughter went out to dinner Friday 10/6 and left Sherin at home, according to the arrest affidavit. What?!? I was really rooting for the mom but now I have so many questions!

Wait, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member