GUILTY TX - Sida Osman, 5, Fort Worth, 25 June 2013

I need to pull myself away from this case makes me sad. Have a 5 yr old boy myself. Promised him we would fix up his room so its more of a I'm going to Kindergarten kind of room. Off to spend time with my little dude. RIP Sida Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

My 5 year old son told me yesterday that he was big enough to stay outside and play by himself when I told him we were going inside to get a drink. Part of me wishes he could be carefree and play til his heart is content but we see cases daily that tell us to guard our children always. And I have an RSO 2 houses down. As long as he lives there, my children will be supervised at all times.

Several Somalis who moved to Tarrant County from their war-torn country told News 8 they never thought something so horrible could happen to them here.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarr...eek-help-to-find-missing-child-213092281.html

Meanwhile, Sida Osman's family told NBC 5 reporters that the child found was Sida and that the Fort Worth police didn't take the boy's disappearance seriously.

Osman's mother said her son was last seen at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, playing outside of their apartment and that when she called him to come home, he ran off.

At least 30 police officers arrived and began looking for the boy. At one point, crime scene detectives combed through a white van parked near the family's apartment, but later left.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-Worth-Police-Look-For-Missing-5-Year-Old-213117501.html

How horrible I was really hoping he was just lost. These poor kids can' have any fun today without fear.

This poor little boy! This is just so wrong! To bash a little 5 year old boy to death! Im speechless. Is there no more room in the world left anymore without there being a violent person within arms reach? This is terrible.

Did anyone see anything on the news about the demonstration?
NBCDFW News
"It's unacceptable," said Muktar Mohammed, who organized the demonstration in the streets. "Because this is very big crime; five year old boy murdered. This is, in any religion: Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, Hindus. You can't go with this. You can't do this."

I'm kind of surprised police are not releasing any additional info at this time.

I'm so sad for the family and community. Little kids should be able to go outside and play without having to worry about sick pedo's or gangs or......

Praying justice comes swiftly for this little man. :praying:

Let's remember that LE has not stated this was a homicide.
Homicide detectives would go to investigate this death anyway.
My Aunt died of natural causes or an accidental OD and a homicide detective is who I talked to.

I am not understanding why he wouldn't have been IN the VACANT house if this was a murder.
Why risk killing him in the yard, you risk being seen and caught.
Why leave him in the yard if you killed him? He will only be found faster.

There does appear to be a rather large tree in that yard.
Anything is possible. :twocents:

I was not prepared to see those horrible words in red!! Precious little Sida, you are with the angels now!!! Rest in peace precious angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Aunt died of natural causes or an accidental OD and a homicide detective is who I talked to.

I am not understanding why he wouldn't have been IN the VACANT house if this was a murder.

Also, could have been a non-human predator (dog, snake, ETC)

Yes, you're right - I hope they release the details of what happened to him soon.

I was going off this *news article
A man, identified as Carl Williams, said he found the boy's body after a woman told him she'd heard the boy was behind the vacant house.
I'm not sure I understand that sentence from the report though??
cont....
Williams went to check, and said he found a boy unresponsive and badly beaten.
"We ran out of the back yard, flag the police down and everybody came. They set up crime scene and everything," said Williams.

There was another news report which detailed injuries - but it wasn't official either (as far as I remember).

:rose:

And those injuries also could have come from a dog, or falling out of a tree.
That's my only point. I don't dispute that he HAD injuries, I just don't assume they came from a homicide.

(We have had people "report" visible trauma in other cases when in reality the victim had no visible trauma.)

I just don't want people to assume that this child was brutally murdered...
These witnesses aren't qualified to say he was "beaten."

The injuries from falling out of a tree could easily match a beating.
Especially if you hit branches on the way down. (I speak from experience.) :twocents:

ME stated cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head.

From the WFAA News 8 website.

On my phone and can't post links.

A Tarrant County Medical Examiner's report confirmed Thursday that Sida Osman, 5, died from blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarr...eek-help-to-find-missing-child-213092281.html

His death has been ruled a homicide
by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner. Fort Worth police are continuing their investigation.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/26/4964896/authorities-searching-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

Okay, now you can all be angry! :furious:

How devastating. How on Earth could you find it in yourself to kill a vulnerable 5 year old. My heart breaks every damn time.

I hope we can get swift answers for this poor boy and his family.

Monika Diaz ‏@MoniNews 1m

According to FWPD, a 13 yr. old was arrested in the murder of Sida Osman.
The five year old's body was found in the backyard of a home.

You know, this reeks of another kid killing him.

ETA Well, given the post above me, I guess it smelled right.

It sort of reminded me of James Bulger.

Keaton Fox ‏@KeatonFoxNBC5 58s

Breaking: FWPD say a 13-yr-old suspect is in custody for death of 5-year-old Sida Osman, who was found dead yesterday afternoon. @NBCDFW

Tami Carr ‏@CarrTamicbs11 1m

FWPD: 13-yr-old arrested in death of 5-yr-old Sida Osman. Investigators say the teen was "irritated with Sida & hit him multiple times..."

Chris Pilcic ‏@ChrisPilcic 1m

Teen charged with killing 5-yr-old Sida Osman in Fort Worth. @fortworthpd says the 13-year-old struck Sida multiple times in the head.

FOX 4 NEWS ‏@FOX4 1m

Teen charged with killing 5-yr-old Sida Osman in Fort Worth. @fortworthpd says the 13-year-old struck Sida multiple times in the head.

Ellie Hogue ‏@elliehogue 1m

A 13-year-old boy is arrested in the beating death of 5-year-old Fort Worth boy Sida Osman #breaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back