GUILTY TX - Sida Osman, 5, Fort Worth, 25 June 2013

WTF! ??????? Would it be a boy he played with outside and knew from the area?
This is sickening.

So awful that it is another child but I am thankful that they solved it so quickly. (provided that he is eventually convicted)

Rest in peace, little Sida. I am so sorry that this happened to you.

WOW!!!! What is going on with our young people today. I don't understand this. I have two teens and I could never imagine them doing this ever.

Oh my goodness, I feel sick. Rest in Paradise sweet boy. These senseless killings are really getting me down :(

A 13-year-old neighbor has been arrested in connection with the fatal beating of a 5-year-old boy whose body was found Wednesday afternoon behind a vacant house in southeast Fort Worth, not far from where he had last been seen riding his bicycle.

The teen, who is not being identified because he is a juvenile, is accused of hitting Sida Osman repeatedly in the head with an undisclosed object.

----------------

On Thursday afternoon, homicide investigators arrested Sida’s 13-year-old neighbor, accusing the boy of delinquent conduct/capital murder.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/27/4968790/police-boy-13-fatally-beat-young.html#storylink=cpy

If the 13 year old is another Somali immigrant, I'd be interested to know how long he's been in the US. He is old enough to have lived through the war there and may have PTSD from that experience. Just a thought.

Wow! So sad and senseless. I feel slightly better that he wasn't attacked by a RSO though. Not that it makes his death any less, just that I know he likely wasn't assaulted beyond the beating.

There are so many teenagers killing kids lately. It really unnerving.

13 years old..... the solution is to beat someone to death by beating them in the head with some kind of object if they irritate you? WTH - 13 year olds are quite capable of WALKING AWAY.

I don't believe this was an isolated incident with this kid-with regards to his rage. I'd be hard pressed to believe he did not show some kind of previous symptoms which he should have been or was possibly being treated for.

I am so angry. So angry. 13 years old - he knew better. I hope he is charged as an adult. The crime was so brutal he needs to be charged as an adult.

:furious:

This is just distressing - a 13 year old boy?
now 2 families destroyed :(

Poor little Sida - rest in peace sweetie - there are lots of bikes to ride in heaven and you will always be safe with the angels.
:rose:

If the 13 year old is another Somali immigrant, I'd be interested to know how long he's been in the US. He is old enough to have lived through the war there and may have PTSD from that experience. Just a thought.

Or he could have been a gang member. Killing someone because they irritated the perp sounds like something a gang member would do. At least to me it does.... And upthread it was mentioned this was a rough neighborhood, I think with gang activity.

Poor little guy. He probably just wanted to play with the big kids.... and the result was he was beaten to death for being irritating. :stormingmad:

I know MSM won't release the perps name, but I do hope they will let the public know if the perp had any previous run ins with the law etc.

This is just distressing - a 13 year old boy?
now 2 families destroyed :(

Poor little Sida - rest in peace sweetie - there are lots of bikes to ride in heaven and you will always be safe with the angels.
:rose:

I'm sorry but I don't consider the perps family victims. I have a 10 yr old and I can't imagine him having the capacity to beat a 5yr old to death with a weapon. I'd bet this kid was trouble and has been trouble for some time. Unless it is a crime of passion (intimate relationship type) I do not believe people just wake up one day with the capacity to murder.

Wow! So sad and senseless. I feel slightly better that he wasn't attacked by a RSO though. Not that it makes his death any less, just that I know he likely wasn't assaulted beyond the beating.

There are so many teenagers killing kids lately. It really unnerving.

Sadly, I don't think we can be sure of that at this point.

Had to close my lap top earlier tonight so mad and sad. I got on to see if any new article came out on Sida and see a 13 yr old boy was arrested and find out that Dylan Redwine was found also :(. Oh boy oh boy not a good day here. I'm glad these 2 families have closure in knowing where their boys are but arghh I feel like screaming right now.

WTHeck is wrong with people these days?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname