TX - Six people shot at Houston strip mall; suspect dead, September 26, 2016

My daughter works in that shopping strip. Thank God she took the day off work today because it's her 30th birthday. This is all SO sad!

Wow! That is way too close for comfort.

And...Happy Birthday to her.

I just hope the media is reporting the name responsibly. Media has been known to report the wrong name, leading to lots of trouble for the misnamed individual!

My husband and I actually considered purchasing a condo in that complex back in 2013. Pretty eery feeling when I saw the news this morning.

SHooter dead presers soon

good. I'm becoming completely jaded. But, if they catch a shooter in the act take them down. Save everyone money and time of an extensive trial.

His dad just said it his son with name floating about

The car comes back in his name

Some conflicting info

whats new!

Some are reporting that it was a conflict about a roof in his condo, while others are saying it was a practice related conflict

Upset about his roof and came out with a gun?? (6 months ago)

One would think that a lawyer out of anyone else on earth would know how to mitigate a roof problem

Some conflicting info

whats new!

Some are reporting that it was a conflict about a roof in his condo, while others are saying it was a practice related conflict

I believe the conflict with the construction crew doing roof work happened a month ago. It is reported he was upset they were working so early and confronted them with a long gun of some sort.

http://abc13.com/live/23374/

Some conflicting info

whats new!

Maybe he was one of those people who live in conflict....not just one conflict, but many.

His law office is closed, his partner confirmed the firm was closed about a year ago.

Dad has only gotten voice mail

He says his son was upset about the inability to get clients

Son owns multiple guns

Not been cofnrm yet

son works out a office alone now

lawyer in good standing (bar)
local news

from former partner and dad

I believe the conflict with the construction crew doing roof work happened a month ago. It is reported he was upset they were working so early and confronted them with a long gun of some sort.

http://abc13.com/live/23374/

We getting a similiar profile - increasing stressers - lost his law firm year ago, having problems, decomping, month ago, as a attorney apparently lost it and comes out with a rifle to address a early morning roofing projrct.

Not saying losinh your career and a loud roof gives someone reason to go out and aim at drivers skulls in their cars but it is , again, an eroding capacity to deal with lifes stressrs

one serious one critical local news

He has been named in media

Houston Mall Shooting Live Updates: Police Kill Nathan Desai, Disgruntled Lawyer Armed With Numerous Weapons

http://www.ibtimes.com/houston-mall...nathan-desai-disgruntled-lawyer-armed-2421955
proxy.jpg

I googled him and he got a negative review on his firm by a woman client. He asked her out.

Obviously, women seem to be at the root of many of these shootings.

I think injustice collector is a great term, but it seems really like their masculinity seems to be the main issue. IM. Not Humble Opinion.

His law office is closed, his partner confirmed the firm was closed about a year ago.

Dad has only gotten voice mail

He says his son was upset about the inability to get clients

Son owns multiple guns

Not been cofnrm yet

son works out a office alone now

lawyer in good standing (bar)
local news

from former partner and dad

It's not unheard of for men who are experiencing "failure" to lash out like this - failure in their careers, failure in love life.

Plenty of people of fail at times...but these shooters seem to fixate on what others have done that caused their failures and then they lash out at the world. It's like frustration (and probably jealousy) built, built, built...and then burst. They themselves - their heart, mind, and body - are the bomb.

The phrase coming to mind is "going postal." (Aging myself with that reference, I'm sure!)

jmopinion at the moment

jmopinon

CurrentEducation
  1. University of Tulsa
August 2003 – Present (13 years 2 months)
Handle General Civil Litigation cases as well as Family Law cases and Criminal cases (Felonies and Misdemeanors).

• University of Tulsa

Doctor of Law (J.D.), Law

1995 – 1998
  • University of Houston

Bachelor of Science Psychology, B.S. Psychology
  • University of Tulsa

Doctor of Law (J.D.)

Doctor of Jurisprudence

From partner 11 minutes ago

Nathan DeSai
    Nathan DeSai no longer has any affiliation with Kenneth P. McDaniel
    Houston, Texas AreaLaw Practice
    Current
2dd53d3.jpg

I googled him and he got a negative review on his firm by a woman client. He asked her out.

I think injustice collector is a great term, but it seems really like their masculinity seems to be the main issue. IM. Not Humble Opinion.

IMO, vocation defines males more than females -- way we are socialzed, and expectations.

I would think as well, their is a corrleation to "failure" when the "failure" is professionial as oppsed to blue collar expectations, effort put forth to attain "career" vs job

I just read the review on yelp. I'm sure she will be contacted by reporters soon, if she hasn't been already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back