TX - Skimpy Dress Gets Teen Cuffed, Taken From Prom

It's too bad the girl didn't make the dress to cover more and her night wouldn't have been ruined, unless she actually wanted this to happen for some reason. She's really pretty and I don't think she looked slutty, just not right for the prom. She should wear it to the Polynesian Islands.

I have seen hookers with more clothes on! I guess her mom approved of it.

It is more akin to beachwear. I don't think a bikini top and a sarong should be considered appropriate attire for any prom. It might have worked had she tied it around her neck and wore it flowing instead of showing tho. The problem wasn't the sarong actually, but the top and the skin showing. She could have "dropped out" one of those puppies easily on the dance floor!!

She was also offered a "coverup", I'm not sure what that was. In another pic I saw somewhere, the pic was zoomed in, you could see the edge of her nipple area poking out.

She could very easily have taken this same design and cut it so that her *advertiser censored* would remain covered if she danced and the "skirt"would be more than 1/4" longer than her crotch. I don't think she was trying for classy - not while wearing flip flops.

I agree she had to to have created a scene - throwing on handcuffs is hardly the first reaction of educators who see kids push the limits every day.

Please. She knew exactly what she was doing. She'll probably want to sue somebody for hurting her feelings like the trampy girl who got kicked off the airplane.

That is not a prom dress, or any kind of dress. Hell, I'm not sure she'd be allowed at our pool with that thing on!

Is her mama blind? B/c mine wouldn't have let me leave the house.

news_17485.jpg

She made this dress herself.

She shoulda used more fabric.

She was also offered a "coverup", I'm not sure what that was. In another pic I saw somewhere, the pic was zoomed in, you could see the edge of her nipple area poking out.

Oh my...nipples on prom night is a big nono!

Oh my...nipples on prom night is a big nono!
Ya think?! LMAO I would have to say the tiny skirt might even have been a bigger problem depending on what she had underneath it. Doesn't seem to be a large "supporter" of undergarments that I can see on top anyway. :eek:

Where were the girls' parents? How did they let her go to th prom like that??

She said she was told she'd either go to jail or go home, so it sounds like the school wasn't looking to charge her with anything. They just wanted her and her skanky dress to get away from their prom.

I'm not sure I'd even put it in the 'dress' category. :eek:

I'd call it the "once you turn 21 and are hanging out at night club" attire. Or maybe dressy beach attire?

Why do young women believe they have to be so trashy to make a point these days?

It looks like she was trying to imitate outfits that I've seen Jennifer Lopez, and possibly Beyonce Knowles, wearing. Definitely inappropriate for a prom.

Ok, saw it. Fugly as hell. She must have gotten a discount on puke colored fabric.

The dress just screams "Look at me" It's all about getting attention and looks like this girl wanted a whole lot of attention... the belle of the ball in a twisted kind of way. Sad really.

When I was finishing highschool it was more about who got to have their dresses made rather than have to buy off the rack, taxi or limo, and who all was going to Hawaii. (My Grandma splurged for Hawaii for good grades, I worked my but off to help pay for the Rolls and my best friend helped make one of my dresses so I was sort of right in the middle:))

Would love to hear more grad/prom stories:woohoo:

Jubie

Now, where would her date pin her corsage? :D

I think it is very "trashy" looking....to quote my Mom.

But again the issue is how the school enforces the dress code after school hours.

I think the issue is parents not paying attention. The dress was inappropriate for a high school prom and its sad that her parents did let her know that.

She did look cute, but she should save the dress for a Carribbean cruise or a trip to Hawaii.

Salem

I did mean to say - that I understand what you are saying about the dress code and that it needs to be enforced consistently across the board and I do agree with that :)

It's just sad. The prom is a rare oppoortunity to dress like a princess. Girls will have plenty of other opportunities in life to dress like a *advertiser censored*.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back