TX TX - Stephane Henderson, 21, Levelland, 28 Nov 1993 *Arrest*

I just wanted to come and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Stephane! Tomorrow you will be 47 years old. You have no clue who I am and it’s heartbreaking to think I’ll never have the chance to know you personally! I can tell you that you are loved by so many and you’ve not been forgotten! I believe that you know how many nights I’ve stayed awake thinking about you and working to bring answers to your friends and family. I can feel justice nearing. You’ll be home soon, I have to believe that!

•MMcG•

Oh how I’m trying Stephane!! And Jeannie!

I know there was a friend of Steph’s from HS who had been active on this thread, I attempted to reach out to her a few months back. (I’m aware that is likely a no-no or walking a fine line, but I feel strongly enough to take that risk).

I just had a few questions, hopefully someone can/will be able to answer them.

-Is there a photo of Stephane’s tattoo available?
-Is there even the slightest chance that the disappearance date is incorrect?
-The friends RDH mentioned from New Mexico, is there a public source available with that information?

(These are more for Jeannie’s case, but someone here may know)
-The friend who gave RDH a ride back to Levelland from Abilene (or Snyder), can that friend’s name be found anywhere?

-Does RDH have friend or family ties to surrounding states?
-Has anyone seen or heard the last name “Emfinger” mentioned in either case?

I did not know Stephane or Jeannie or anyone else associated with either crime. I’ve simply spent months doing all I can to uncover any bit of information that may help bring the girls justice!! (and if my research is accurate, they aren’t the only two who have met with foul play at a certain person’s hands JMOO)

I won’t stop fighting for these precious girls!!
•MMcG•

1993 Levelland cold case reopened after person of interest named in Jeannie Quinn’s murder
All of this information for both women looks so obvious to me I don't understand why LE can't make a case based on what they have. I mean from my prospective everything is right here in front of us there has to be a way to test that DNA on the envelope. It's so frustrating when you see these cases where the answers are right there staring you in the face but you can't do anything. However we won't give up is there anything we can do to get this case back out there in the public eye so maybe LE will be forced to do their jobs here.

1993 Levelland cold case reopened after person of interest named in Jeannie Quinn’s murder
All of this information for both women looks so obvious to me I don't understand why LE can't make a case based on what they have. I mean from my prospective everything is right here in front of us there has to be a way to test that DNA on the envelope. It's so frustrating when you see these cases where the answers are right there staring you in the face but you can't do anything. However we won't give up is there anything we can do to get this case back out there in the public eye so maybe LE will be forced to do their jobs here.
So they know the DNA on the envelope is male, if I’m understanding this correctly. Has that male DNA been added to CODIS? Has the DNA from the suspect been taken and actually uploaded to CODIS? It seems really straightforward, unless I’m missing something?

I’m not sure what the hold up is when it comes to the DNA to be honest. I can’t even venture to guess. It seems like it should be straightforward, especially taking into consideration everything else.

A lot of the problem is not knowing where Stephane is. Without her body, LE is going to have a hard time proving anything. The suspect’s DNA being on an envelope Stephane allegedly sent wouldn’t be undeniable proof that he killed her (in and of itself). Only that he came into contact with it. I’d think that the lack of her DNA (if that’s the case) would be more telling, but still not enough.

Incredibly frustrating!!

You’ve not been forgotten Stephane!

MAR 9, 2021
Levelland man indicted on murder charge for wife missing since 1993 (kcbd.com)

7JMGQE4LPBACVKZZPHE52D2APQ.JPG

A man who was named as a person of interested in the murder of 20-year-old Jeannie Quinn of Levelland has now been indicted by a Hockley County grand jury on a charge of murder, but for his wife who has been missing since 1993.

[...]

The Levelland & Hockley County News Press, Ricky says Don Henderson, who is now 59 years old, is accused of causing the death of Stephane Shae Henderson on or about November 27, 1993, according to the indictment. The official charges were handed down on Friday and the court documents were unsealed on Tuesday.

Currently, Henderson is currently serving a 25 year sentence for a drug charge out of Taylor County. He is being held in the Byrd Unit in Huntsville. He is eligible for parole on the drug charges on June 27, 2022.

[...]

* Much more at the link ...

Earlier this month, a Hockley County Grand Jury finally indicted Henderson for the murder of his wife.

John Quinn, the victim's uncle, told local media he will continue to fight for justice for Quinn.

"I want to hear what happened which I don't think we ever will," said Quinn.

He said he met with Henderson four times last year in jail.

"I was trying to get him to have inconsistencies in his story," said Quinn.

The Abilene Police Department continues working the case and says Henderson remains a suspect.
Teen's Murder Remains Unsolved Three Years Later

If I'm understanding this correctly, he is now the suspect in two murders and is currently serving time on drug charges. I'm going to venture a guess that he was a drug dealer and these two young ladies crossed his path. I am not accusing anyone of using drugs, especially not the murder victims. It would not surprise me if he was the perp in other crimes, perhaps of less significance, than murder.

He really needs to start talking. Impossible for me to believe he has kept quiet about everything for this long.
https://www.everythinglubbock.com/n...in-court-for-murder-woman-missing-since-1993/
Murder suspect Ricky Don Henderson appears in court for murder, woman missing since 1993 | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com

LEVELLAND, Texas — Ricky Don Henderson pleaded not guilty on Wednesday for the murder of Stephanie Shae (Meeks) Henderson.
[...]
He named a specific attorney in Lubbock that he planned to hire.

(Stephanies Remains) Someone years ago mentioned a water well behind a house on the south side of town near sundown highway. He has since passed away. So I don’t know how much truth there is to it. But something about her being under it or in it. I can ask for more specifics if that’s to vague.

(Stephanies Remains) Someone years ago mentioned a water well behind a house on the south side of town near sundown highway. He has since passed away. So I don’t know how much truth there is to it. But something about her being under it or in it. I can ask for more specifics if that’s to vague.
Rumor sometimes leads to truth. I’d love to find Stephane!

I’m just beside myself that he has been finally charged with her murder. The day I found out I was happy and sad all at once. It has been too long since she’s been missing and he’s been allowed to walk the streets and now Jeannie Quinn is gone, but she could have been saved had he been behind bars where he belongs. Maybe now we will see justice for these girls and perhaps save another woman’s life.
Stephane was a wonderful person. She was the funniest person I knew. She had a way about her that drew you in, you wanted to be her best friend. She was always fun to be around. She sang old songs like “Jack and Diane” and “I hate myself for loving you”.
It was 29 years ago when I last saw her, I can’t believe it. I can still see her face clearly and hear her voice saying “ heeelllloooo baaaby” when she called me. He took a bright light out of this world. It’s not fair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back