TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know this is real life! How do you know they aren't hiding anything ? There has been lots of corruption in that town over and over. Last arrest was MJ and he was tampering with evidence. That was his 2nd arrest I think. I don't think they owe us anything that would jeopardize their case but I think most people want to know if they have found anything that's helping them. They are telling us a little bit about the Delphi murders and it's not hurting their case. They are communicating with the public. There are many people that loved MB and want to know if there will be an arrest one day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt there is corruption going on in the MB case. Other agencies are involved and there has been national media attention (compared to cases that stayed local both re: agencies and media). I think MPD does not want to screw this up. They know too many eyes are on them regarding MB’s case. Plus, was it MPD or the Sheriff’s office handling the corrupt case? I haven’t kept up with that case… Anyway, I think Johnson is a good, ethical man who wants answers. The Delphi case is brand new, that’s why it’s still getting attention, so you can’t really compare MB’s case to that one (yet). And as Mimi said, LE doesn’t owe us anything. It is frustrating, but I would rather know less now if it means LE not screwing up their case to either catch the killer(s) or for the potential trial.

I doubt there is corruption going on in the MB case. Other agencies are involved and there has been national media attention (compared to cases that stayed local both re: agencies and media). I think MPD does not want to screw this up. They know too many eyes are on them regarding MB’s case. Plus, was it MPD or the Sheriff’s office handling the corrupt case? I haven’t kept up with that case… Anyway, I think Johnson is a good, ethical man who wants answers. The Delphi case is brand new, that’s why it’s still getting attention, so you can’t really compare MB’s case to that one (yet). And as Mimi said, LE doesn’t owe us anything. It is frustrating, but I would rather know less now if it means LE not screwing up their case to either catch the killer(s) or for the potential trial.

Thank you!! Good to know ...

Just my 2 cents. After 11 months, 2 videos, multi agency input w MPD as lead it is understandable imo why some would wonder if the case has been tainted/ botched in some way. We do know that LE spent time early on focusing on BB and then on CT. Maybe tunnel vision is to blame? All JMOO

We know this is real life! How do you know they aren't hiding anything ? There has been lots of corruption in that town over and over. Last arrest was MJ and he was tampering with evidence. That was his 2nd arrest I think. I don't think they owe us anything that would jeopardize their case but I think most people want to know if they have found anything that's helping them. They are telling us a little bit about the Delphi murders and it's not hurting their case. They are communicating with the public. There are many people that loved MB and want to know if there will be an arrest one day....

Well put, Zigs! Of course MPD is hiding things: rest of church video, license plate of car (statements from experts who have indicated that the type of cameras(re: SWFA) are so good that they would certainly be able to read a plate #), exact instrument that killed, Missy, and other unknowns.

Not so sure that this is an ACTIVE investigation. For all we know, there could be one officer who checks the case out one hour or one day a week. Absolutely NO info from MPD for nearly a year, lends credence to this being a cold case.

The least MPD could do is issue a weekly statement. The statement would not have to give away secrets. It could be something general like: we are looking at a new POI, or we continue to receive help from the FBI, we have three detectives assigned to the case currently. Etc. Nothing wrong with "crumbs", even birds will tell you: crumbs are better than nothing!

My thoughts are not meant to insult other WS members'
opposing views. I sincerely do not think the case is being handled as carefully as it could be. MOO

Some time back, some of us were looking for the link to the original church video "suddenly goes black", myself included. Found it here: https://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-ztk0a9xx/
iirc, MPD cut that part out of later releases of the perp walking in the church.

THANK YOU!!!!! It looks like when they replay that part later in this same video, the camera continues to roll without the camera mysteriously turning black... how could that happen? I'm going to change computers and see if can figure that out.

I KNEW I saw it! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THANK YOU!!!!! It looks like when they replay that part later in this same video, the camera continues to roll without the camera mysteriously turning black... how could that happen? I'm going to change computers and see if can figure that out.

I KNEW I saw it! Thanks again!

Yes, rodee34 that's how I recall it too. SP walking by and camera goes black but not like a quick shut off.JMOO

Some time back, some of us were looking for the link to the original church video "suddenly goes black", myself included. Found it here: https://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-ztk0a9xx/
iirc, MPD cut that part out of later releases of the perp walking in the church.

JMHO, this video from this program was posted at : 04/22/2016 12:51 pm PDT which is 2:51 pm (daylight savings time for 2016 was March 13, 2016 per Google search so that would be the correct time converted) MPD released the extended 2:27 min video that same date, and same afternoon. This was on Friday of week MB murdered on Monday. MPD had already stated that the camera did not capture the assault . JMHO this program which also sped up the video showing the Suspect walking faster than the orig video from MPD, for time constraints. JMHO they also did the dramatic part showing the video cutting in and out as MPD has not shown this in any of their released videos or stills from video. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jndpvRpI8fxuHJQQjwnaw

ETA: Public learned of the camera shutting off on Monday April 18 afternoon press conference with Chief Smith and Captain Spann. Transcript and Press Conf is both in the Media Thread, post on page 1 of every thread.

Thank you! I have to ask, what is the bright light? The helmet light?
I know we are all surmising.. and throwing out ideas. I am not great at seeing things in normal puzzles, so this is a challenge for me. ;-)

The killer is holding up a flashlight in her left hand and that is the bright light (or at least I think that is what is occurring)

The killer is holding up a flashlight in her left hand and that is the bright light (or at least I think that is what is occurring)

It's a helmet light.

Thank you! I have to ask, what is the bright light? The helmet light?
I know we are all surmising.. and throwing out ideas. I am not great at seeing things in normal puzzles, so this is a challenge for me. ;-)

Look on dutch door pictures for what it looks like.

Look on dutch door pictures for what it looks like.

KN17, I have looked at pics of dutch doors since you posted this. I do not see any light reflections. Am I looking for the right thing? Confused. Thanks.

Well put, Zigs! Of course MPD is hiding things: rest of church video, license plate of car (statements from experts who have indicated that the type of cameras(re: SWFA) are so good that they would certainly be able to read a plate #), exact instrument that killed, Missy, and other unknowns.

Not so sure that this is an ACTIVE investigation. For all we know, there could be one officer who checks the case out one hour or one day a week. Absolutely NO info from MPD for nearly a year, lends credence to this being a cold case.

The least MPD could do is issue a weekly statement. The statement would not have to give away secrets. It could be something general like: we are looking at a new POI, or we continue to receive help from the FBI, we have three detectives assigned to the case currently. Etc. Nothing wrong with "crumbs", even birds will tell you: crumbs are better than nothing!

My thoughts are not meant to insult other WS members'
opposing views. I sincerely do not think the case is being handled as carefully as it could be. MOO

I agree that Midlo LE should have something to announce by now. I don't expect weekly updates but monthly would suit me just fine.

I did send an email requesting a public update so between that request and my calls to the FBI, I am probably being investigated now. My picture may be plastered on their white board with lines leading to possible evidence. Drones tracking my every movement. Phone tapped. LOL

Never thought I would say this, and not going into the reasons that many of which should be obvious, but this murder will not be solved to our satisfaction. Therefore, I do not know what to do next.

BB seems to be willing and satisfied to forgive and forget. Why can't I?

I agree that Midlo LE should have something to announce by now. I don't expect weekly updates but monthly would suit me just fine.

I did send an email requesting a public update so between that request and my calls to the FBI, I am probably being investigated now. My picture may be plastered on their white board with lines leading to possible evidence. Drones tracking my every movement. Phone tapped. LOL

Never thought I would say this, and not going into the reasons that many of which should be obvious, but this murder will not be solved to our satisfaction. Therefore, I do not know what to do next.

I totally understand your feelings; thanks for going the extra mile, DD. I'll come bail you out if you are tracked. :jail:

:thinking: Thinking out loud ...
State License Type: Investigations Company - Owner/Manager
Areas of Expertise: Background Checks, Certified Computer Forensics, Civil and Criminal, Computer, Contract for fellow PIs, Corporate, Data Recovery, Database, Document Retrieval, Employee Screening, Information Verification, Photography, Pre-Employment

What kind of info could someone get ^^. Especially if the PI was a friend of a family member who was in LEO? Especially if a someone thought a spouse was cheating?

And one would think that if someone has a Tactics and Weapons Training business a SWAT uniform would be easy to come by.

I am dumbfounded by Google tonight. I am glad I have kept or tried to keep an open mind because I am a little bit shaken up right now. Rethinking a bunch of stuff. Keep going back to why has the Family not spoken out begging for answers or killer to be caught!

I really think we need to look at what what we don't know or are unsure of at this point in the murder of Missy. We certainly are not getting any new police leads, info, etc.

Therefore, I propose that each of us (so few left on here) think of an unanswered question, or unclear answer to something from the case and bring it here for discussion.

Some answers could be provided by WS members for some of us who may have forgotten or simply did not know of the verification. If no one knows the answer to the question, then we need to brainstorm together!

I'll go first. My unclear response from LE is regarding RB's alibi. Who/what agency is the source of verification of the alibi of RB and VB being in CA at the exact moment of Missy's murder? What method was used for the verification? Where is the citation?

We really need to keep this discussion alive w/the few of us still here and willing to discuss. The family is not coming forward, the reward $$ will dissolve eventually, and an innocent person will become forgotten while a guilty one (or more) goes free.

TIA for consideration in this input from YOU!

:thinking: Thinking out loud ...
State License Type: Investigations Company - Owner/Manager
Areas of Expertise: Background Checks, Certified Computer Forensics, Civil and Criminal, Computer, Contract for fellow PIs, Corporate, Data Recovery, Database, Document Retrieval, Employee Screening, Information Verification, Photography, Pre-Employment

What kind of info could someone get ^^. Especially if the PI was a friend of a family member who was in LEO? Especially if a someone thought a spouse was cheating?

And one would think that if someone has a Tactics and Weapons Training business a SWAT uniform would be easy to come by.

I am dumbfounded by Google tonight. I am glad I have kept or tried to keep an open mind because I am a little bit shaken up right now. Rethinking a bunch of stuff. Keep going back to why has the Family not spoken out begging for answers or killer to be caught!

What about google tonight?

Lol We got your back Dee Dee. :) Your efforts are appreciated! I don't know why I can't give up on it when the town, family isn't demanding answers, justice ( at least not publicly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther