TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
She responded. Said she would look for it later. JMO

This is a :rumor: at least according to MB face book... she was already in Austin when an event at home was going on.. and MB posted about the event..
ETA I deleted my orig post that quoted the OP. but it is a rumor. Another good reason I deleted. Thanks

Hey Everyone,
Please let's leave any mention of a minor child out of this conversation. Even if we don't name them there is no need to discuss anyone's children.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thank you However this is video of NG and I have already read the transcript. Can't bear to watch all those "experts kowtowing to Nancy Grace.

About the darn map: Somewhere I remember hearing Missy had to use the front entrance (not where she parked her car) because that's the only key pass she had.

I now don't think she was carrying a load as it would have gotten wet and slowed her down as she was running from her car to the very front entrance.

I think once she entered and turned right down the main hallway she was walking to where the perp was (and why LE won't tell us this is beyond me) who was in the vestibule between outer SW door and inner Southwest doors. I don't know if she had an opportunity to unlock those doors but I'm going to say she did. After that was when the Swamperp attacked her.

Yes it was close to the outside windows but Missy's truck would have prevented anyone from seeing in. And as far as SP knew Campers normally didn't arrive until 4:45.

Why was glass around her? Who knows? Maybe there was a glass table in the vestibule. But since LE stated the attack was not visible on camera, I don't see how the glass tables in the main hallway could have been broken. They appear to be way outside of that little hallway where you think Missy went down.

I've said this before my sanctuary theory-I think the perp escaped out the door where MB'S car was parked, took a left outside the door, ran to the back of the church, took another left and got into a car..

What SP may have tried to clean up were his/her footprints right at the scene. But once he got outside there was too much rain and wind to leave a mark. (Even under the awning where Missy's was parked.)

I don't think police were lying, I just don't think they had a firm grip on the situation. IMO, the video of the perp headed nw and then right is not after the attack.

I don't know where the campers entered but there probably weren't any lights on in either the SW vestibule or the front entrance. If they entered where her car was, they'd have seen her right away. I F they came from the main entrance, they wouldn't have seen anything but an open door until they entered the SW vestbule. JMO

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

There are currently 174 users browsing this thread. (65 members and 109 guests)

Real Life is calling... :phone: Hope nothing breaks loose til I come back later. I will never get caught back up :lookingitup:

JMO...

Anyone think the perp waited until a rainy day ('Tis the season here) to commit the murder?

It would make it nearly impossible for a dog to track scents...and if there was an evidence trail, it could be washed away.

I think back to CA and how she threw Caylee in the woods knowing good and well hurricane season was coming and the woods would be flooding and she wouldn't be found for months on end...

Maybe this level of premeditation was used in the MB case

People have suggested that the class being moved indoors that day was what was significant and triggered the timing of the attack. So in that scenario the rain was important because it ensured she'd go inside the church. Certainly the perp went to a lot of trouble to get in, and then do all that business inside, there must have been a reason to go to all that effort instead of, for eg, jump her as she got out of her car.

I can think of a few reasons why a perp would want it to be indoors: 1. it's easier to hide, surprise and control an attack in an enclosed indoor space. 2. it was intended to look like she walked into a break-in, so it would appear it was random and not targetted.

In either case, the person was being methodical and thinking ahead. If the attack was a case of out of control rage, a person would not have gone through such elaborate means with their outfit, the break-in, calmly breaking windows and so on.

Some ppl comment - reporters could put out so much info for us if they would just dig in. Agreeing ^ that is partly true. But what info could they obtain? How would reporters get info? Which type of info? What sources?

Documentary evidence
Generally business records, e.g., receipts w credit/debit card info? from hotels? cash register receipts ? Gas/fuel? Restaurant? Phone records? etc.
Conceding, yes, movies & TV programs show a reporter getting ^ info by handing over a few/handful of $20 bills.
But imo, not many business owners or employees would provide that info to reporters. Not in USA in 2016, not like 20-50 yrs ago.
LE can get subpoenas to force businesses to produce that kind of doc'ty evidence. No such authority for MSM.

Interviews?
A reporter can interview anyone who will yak, and plenty do/would do.
When someone who lives next door to victim or family or suspected perp says "I know X the butler [or Y or Z] killed Ms B w the candlestick in the library," does a reputable MSM outlet print, broadcast, or publish that stmt online? MSM generally is sensitive to defamation claims, so imo, ^ typically does not get published.
But threat of defamation does not tightly constrain some ppl on soc media <--- the kind of 'info' (rumors) we do not use here at W/S.

Yes, reporters can interview various ppl on the periphery of a case and get info about victim, e.g. "She always had a smile and a kind word" etc.
But generally, imo, these ppl do not give reporters the nitty-gritty info to help solve a who-dunnit.
JM2cts.

I can't tell from the video, male or female. But I think the perps shoes are to big. Trying to get away with murder, dressing up to conceal identity, and finally a perp realizes to conceal shoe size. Whoever this is didn't miss a beat. But something will comeback, perp probably sweating bullets. Oh I wonder if LE came up with anyone previous days on surveillance cams acting out of place.

I just hope the silence from LE means they are more on track and need to keep quiet not compromise investigation rather than still having few clues. This might sound cheesy to some people, but maybe the full moon this weekend (May 21st) will help things "culminate" and bring either more information or an arrest.

Thank you However this is video of NG and I have already read the transcript. Can't bear to watch all those "experts kowtowing to Nancy Grace.

About the darn map: Somewhere I remember hearing Missy had to use the front entrance (not where she parked her car) because that's the only key pass she had.

I now don't think she was carrying a load as it would have gotten wet and slowed her down as she was running from her car to the very front entrance.

I think once she entered and turned right down the main hallway she was walking to where the perp was (and why LE won't tell us this is beyond me) who was in the vestibule between outer SW door and inner Southwest doors. I don't know if she had an opportunity to unlock those doors but I'm going to say she did. After that was when the Swamperp attacked her.

Why was glass around her? Who knows? Maybe there was a glass table in the vestibule. But since LE stated the attack was not visible on camera, I don't see how the glass tables in the main hallway could have been broken. They appear to be way outside of that little hallway where you think Missy went down.

Snipped and BBM.

I think one reason LE is not sharing the info bolded above is because it is not useful to LE for the public to know it - it won't garner leads from the public on who the perp is, so no need to share it.

Regarding the glass, I think we are assuming the glass was "around" Missy when that's not really what was stated IIRC. I remember the statement being that the first-responders noticed glass and noticed Missy's body, not necessarily that they noticed glass around Missy's body, just that they noticed both things when they entered the building.

I think first-responders saw broken glass in the building and assumed that meant a struggle had happened. We now know the perp broke glass so perhaps there really wasn't a struggle that resulted in more broken glass. In fact, I don't think there was much of a struggle - I think the perp knocked Missy down immediately after she entered the building with Missy having no opportunity to struggle. JMOpinion.

I think the broken glass is what the perp broke before the murder and the glass was near where Missy was, but not necessarily on or "around" Missy. JMO.

Total speculation, jmopinion.

Here are my thoughts on that. First, Midlothian PD hasn't had a murder in a decade, so it's safe to say that they were totally out of their depth in dealing with this crime. That isn't a criticism. Just a fact. It's like if you're a city that hasn't had snow in a decade, you don't invest in all the tools necessary to deal with a blizzard; then when the blizzard comes, you're not equipped in the way that, say, Buffalo, NY might be.

Second, in the first press conference on Apr 22, the assistant police chief noted that many, many agencies had been in contact to offer their assistance.

So what I think has happened is that MPD isn't really driving this train. FBI, Texas Rangers, ATF etc are running things. And those agencies have no allegiance to local media. Even if you're a good reporter and have spent decades cultivating sources in the MPD, you're going to be frozen out if the MPD is playing second fiddle to someone else who doesn't even know who you are.

MPD if they truly are not running lead on this would not be in position to give updates and schedule press conferences unless the agencies they're deferring to think it's a good idea.

I wasn't criticizing or judging LE by any means. The only duty for LE to make statements would be if the public were in danger - imo. That's it.

I was just noting that the media, who sometimes like to report on minutiae of anything to make a story, give a soundbyte, appear on tv, are unusually silent when there are so many things that could (but shouldn't) be used. I wonder if it has something to do with the location, not the church, but general location, town, etc.

Maybe I'm complimenting some of the media for NOT reporting inconsequentials just because they can.

Some ppl comment - reporters could put out so much info for us if they would just dig in. Agreeing ^ that is partly true. But what info could they obtain? How would reporters get info? Which type of info? What sources?

Documentary evidence
Generally business records, e.g., receipts w credit/debit card info? from hotels? cash register receipts ? Gas/fuel? Restaurant? Phone records? etc.
Conceding, yes, movies & TV programs show a reporter getting ^ info by handing over a few/handful of $20 bills.
But imo, not many business owners or employees would provide that info to reporters. Not in USA in 2016, not like 20-50 yrs ago.
LE can get subpoenas to force businesses to produce that kind of doc'ty evidence. No such authority for MSM.

Interviews?
A reporter can interview anyone who will yak, and plenty do/would do.
When someone who lives next door to victim or family or suspected perp says "I know X the butler [or Y or Z] killed Ms B w the candlestick in the library," does a reputable MSM outlet print, broadcast, or publish that stmt online? MSM generally is sensitive to defamation claims, so imo, ^ typically does not get published.
But threat of defamation does not tightly constrain some ppl on soc media <--- the kind of 'info' (rumors) we do not use here at W/S.

Yes, reporters can interview various ppl on the periphery of a case and get info about victim, e.g. "She always had a smile and a kind word" etc.
But generally, imo, these ppl do not give reporters the nitty-gritty info to help solve a who-dunnit.
JM2cts.

That many times we've seen articles that say nothing of consequence to the actual investigation. I don't want to list here what I would have expected some reporters or journalists to make hay with, but there's so much crap that's sometimes written or reported about that it sounded like junior high school newsletter stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to not see any of that, but NG almost always crossed that line, lol. I love her enthusiasm in advocating for victims, but not always the method she uses. Sometimes (g bless 'er) her show is exactly what I've described in my other posts. Making a meal out of a morsel? A mountain out of a molehill? Tempest in a teapot?

:bombshell: for pigeon poop

Y'know, sort of like what some of my posts are like :drumroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members