TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one on list, no family or friends......sounds like a hit! Scary thing about that, they are long gone!!! JMO.

Agreed poppy001. This is my first post related to this case. I’d been on WS for another unsolved murder local to me, but have been following MB’s case since the beginning. I haven’t commented up until this point because I haven’t had a strong idea of who or why. I’ve just been watching and listening. Through observation and perhaps a bit of intuition, I have an idea of what I think happened, and this latest MPD press conference confirms my speculation. I believe the reason we cannot ID the perp is because this was a hit, and the perp is not someone we would recognize from the “cast of characters.”

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...new-information-today-in-church-slaying.html/

"Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson reassured the public that investigators are still hopeful they’ll get a break in the case.

“It’s hard to get away with murder these days,” he said.

Making the job harder are scores of amateur sleuths from across the country who are distracting the dozens of investigators working the case. Johnson said last week they wasted 30 to 40 hours on a rumor that proved baseless.

Johnson did say, however, that no family or friends of Bevers’ are suspects."

RBBM. Murder clearance rates are lower than they were in the past, so maybe it's easier to get away with murder:

"If you're murdered in America, there's a 1 in 3 chance that the police won't identify your killer. ...
To use the FBI's terminology, the national 'clearance rate' for homicide today is 64.1 percent. Fifty years ago, it was more than 90 percent."
http://www.npr.org/2015/03/30/395069137/open-cases-why-one-third-of-murders-in-america-go-unresolved

This thread is going to close in about 10 minutes. Just a heads up.

Huh. Well. If they have nothing, they have nothing. But I just can't buy that they have nothing. And blaming wasted hours on sleuths, I would say that's not really the sleuths fault. If ya had anything else you wouldn't be following amatuers. And yes I just contradicted myself. Pppffffftttttt.

One thing, the "POLICE" lettering on the jacket/vest glows big time when even a smidgen of light hits it. Which makes me think Swatperp wouldn't risk being dropped off and walking down the highway. Wonder what is shining in the car, perhaps just a reflection or a phone and a shiny helmet? I watch way too many CSI's.

Feeling deflated right now, not that I even had a suspect in mind.

The 2 pics of the car MLPD posted show the sticker well in the second pic IMO, enhanced:

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They’re seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later,” Johnson said. “We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it’s light in color – possibly silver.”

While police stress they don’t think the car in question is involved in Bever’s murder, they’d like to talk to the person/persons inside to see if they have any memory about that morning.

On Friday, police did give more information regarding the description of the suspect. They say that through forensic video reconstruction they have determined the individual stands somewhere between 5’2” and 5’7”. While they don’t know the gender or race of the individual, they say the person appears to have lighter skin."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

Huh. Well. If they have nothing, they have nothing. But I just can't buy that they have nothing. And blaming wasted hours on sleuths, I would say that's not really the sleuths fault. If ya had anything else you wouldn't be following amatuers. And yes I just contradicted myself. Pppffffftttttt.

It could have been the one tip they needed to solve the case so I don't think they should be bashing people that call in tips just because it wasn't what they were looking for. JMO

For a long time I thought the perp arrived on the grounds potentially way earlier than 3:50. It would for instance take them time to do all the exterior breaks and I thought one of the breaks might have been to test for an alarm, which if they were testing to see if LE would show up, they might have waited 15 minutes just for that. Also they may for instance have only gotten on their full gear once they were inside, which would also take time. LE themselves have said they don't know how long the perp was in the building before they were first seen on camera. I've not ruled out that the perp didn't sleep there, which if they knew the church and knew that Missy would be the only one there, they could have been to the church on Sunday and slept there with impunity until Monday morning and along with that they could have merely staged the break-in long after they had been there.
Respectfully BBM, by break in are you speaking of the inside damage or the exterior door also?

Midlothian Police ‏@MidlothianPD 38m38 minutes ago
Nissan Altima is NOT a suspect vehicle. Only seen at nearby business before murder. Contact tipline 972-775-7624.

https://twitter.com/MidlothianPD

No need to bust our butts sleuthing the car.

Exactly.
I think the oval sticker is an identifier. If someone sees a Nissan Altima with any oval sticker perhaps LE wants to talk to them, narrow down who was in the area. That oval sticker is not necessarily important at this time, except that it could identify a Nissan Altima that has a sticker versus one that doesn't.

IMOO.

Midlothian Police ‏@MidlothianPD 38m38 minutes ago
Nissan Altima is NOT a suspect vehicle. Only seen at nearby business before murder. Contact tipline 972-775-7624.

https://twitter.com/MidlothianPD

No need to bust our butts sleuthing the car.

Maybe not...though I'm sure even if LE thought there was a remote chance it might be a suspect vehicle they would still say it wasn't. Much easier to get people to respond with tips if they think they're not necessarily turning someone in.

Nobody has ever been a "suspect". He very carefully and strategically defined/addressed "suspect" and "persons of intetest". You really had to listen between the lines. He stated a poi can become a suspect. He also said "family is not being considered part of the investigation." "Family and friends/Co workers not suspects" (different than definition of poi). Also CT is not a friend or Coworker and the only one that isn't family, friend, CO worker, etc) that was listed in the SW. All my opinion in what I heard from this.

Respectfully, how do we know that LEO is not considering CT a friend? I am sincere not being snarky.

Respectfully, how do we know that LEO is not considering CT a friend? I am sincere not being snarky.
We don't know either way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Please continue HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads