TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right.
I was going by camerabug's post #19
Can't get the link to open so i copied the quote

" In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s Facebook account which listed the decedent’s plans and activities for assignations with people alleged to be her lovers."https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzeXU7Ui8KyTODIzcUY3SG5nN3M/view

This specifically states FB, could be hearsay and who would have seen the messages?

that quote was an excerpt from the FB Search Warrant linked on page 1 of this thread.

Robbing a gun store would be much more lucrative than a church, in my opinion. How were they thwarted though? Does the gun store advise of an alarm system? Cameras were visible at both.

Good question. Maybe the cameras at the gun store were more intimidating. The gun store knew about the Nissan in their parking lot before they knew anything about Missy... assuming they received an alert on their phone.

Still no suspects? How frustrating and scary.

BTW, I am still going to the gym, having been inspired by MB and getting great results.

I keep going back to the long planning that seems obvious IMO SP shows up in garb that would conceal ID, prevent DNA transfer, ready to battle if needed, put a person at ease in order to get a jump on them. Outside cameras not functioning ,seems to point to targeted IMO. Just can't get around it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they had rekindled their marriage recently from a previous affair, but, it seemed BB knew of MB' current affair(s). Didnt BB say that MB texted (or called, I forget) him everyday, to tell him that she loved him.

I keep going back to the long planning that seems obvious IMO SP shows up in garb that would conceal ID, prevent DNA transfer, ready to battle if needed, put a person at ease in order to get a jump on them. Outside cameras not functioning ,seems to point to targeted IMO. Just can't get around it for me.

Also the perp could have gotten away if this was just a botched robbery where unless MB voluntarily decided to put up a fight (which I doubt), there was no reason for the level of violence inflicted. From what's been described, it seemed like whoever did it was out for violence, which burglars usually don't result to violence, except to aid in their escape.

I thought they had rekindled their marriage recently from a previous affair, but, it seemed BB knew of MB' current affair(s). Didnt BB say that MB texted (or called, I forget) him everyday, to tell him that she loved him.

I was thinking this too... I think she texted him every day. I think we discussed if this was something MB could have set up as an automatic text to BB, but I don't remember if we came to a conclusion. My feelings would be kind of hurt if I found out my Significant Other had programed their phone to text me "I love you" every day at a certain time.

If they were working through marriage problems, maybe Austin and Mississippi were meant to be a last hurrah?

Missy's death was so violent that her service was closed casket. That's what bothers me. Why the overkill? The killer attacked Missy's bosom and face. I just don't see a robber killing someone trying to leave the scene.

Great points. Also blatant shaming of victim by some really odd IMO

:tyou: Miss Tricia! I was so hoping Missy's case would be solved by now, but I think it is very complicated. If it is truly a "stranger on stranger" crime then who knows when it will be solved unless the killer talks and somebody tells. I still believe Missy was targeted by someone she knew.

I agree 100% with you, I still believe it was targeted by someone she knew.

I agree 100% with you, I still believe it was targeted by someone she knew.

I believe she was targeted as well. It might be only a very casual or remote acquaintance - someone LE would have a difficult time making the connection to Missy. Someone she really only knew to say 'hi' to in passing.

we really only have BB's statement to the effect (that I can recall, anyway) that she texted him everyday. I guess in the time that has passed I have grown somewhat skeptical of his representation that things were rosy or at least not badly broken. I don't know where the truth is, but we don't know both sides. If MB really was having an affair, that tells me things may not have been so swell. Jmo

Any one following the Jackie Vandagriff case? The accused killer in her murder is a fitness trainer. I wonder if he ever crossed paths with MB?

Hi All! Just checking in. It's been a long time and I've missed discussing this case with your familiar faces. A few of us locals have kept in touch off of the board but it's so nice to be able to talk to everyone on here.

Seems like there is some new (to us) information out there right now. I am praying that there is movement in this case soon!

I believe she was targeted as well. It might be only a very casual or remote acquaintance - someone LE would have a difficult time making the connection to Missy. Someone she really only knew to say 'hi' to in passing.

It's possible it was someone from her gym, possibly someone who is quite socially awkward. Maybe misinterpreted her kindness for flirting and was angry for not responding the way they had hopped.

I have so many different theories at the moment.

all JMO

Glammie, I have thought this too a long time ago. I can't find where it was stated but I recall Missy felt uncomfortable at a local gym a few weeks before her murder. If the case leans more towards a targeted murder, then it opens up the field to suspects......missy was sociable and did
many things work related all over the area

Hi All! Just checking in. It's been a long time and I've missed discussing this case with your familiar faces. A few of us locals have kept in touch off of the board but it's so nice to be able to talk to everyone on here.

Seems like there is some new (to us) information out there right now. I am praying that there is movement in this case soon!

Yes, It's great to be able to discuss this case again and hoping justice for MB will come soon. Can you elaborate on any new info??

Also the perp could have gotten away if this was just a botched robbery where unless MB voluntarily decided to put up a fight (which I doubt), there was no reason for the level of violence inflicted. From what's been described, it seemed like whoever did it was out for violence, which burglars usually don't result to violence, except to aid in their escape.

Agree with you! As it's been pointed out by those with LE experience most robberies do not happen just before daybreak, use simple efforts to hide ID, and they take things!

Yes, It's great to be able to discuss this case again and hoping justice for MB will come soon. Can you elaborate on any new info??

I was referring to the information that was in the People article and the affidavit- I don't think we've seen that before?

I was referring to the information that was in the People article and the affidavit- I don't think we've seen that before?

Got it:) The affidavit did reveal more info.

Robbing a gun store would be much more lucrative than a church, in my opinion. How were they thwarted though? Does the gun store advise of an alarm system? Cameras were visible at both.

Only way I can see that happening is if the church didn't look like a church and looked like a building that would have things of value.. But I can't remember what the church looked like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname