TX TX - TJ Murray, 24, Huntsville, 19 Oct 2011

The silence around this case is disturbing. I thought for certain that TJ would have been found by now. But then I took a look at Google Earth and see that there are many places for EquuSearch and other volunteer search groups to look, including, to the north, what appears to be the rather vast Sam Houston National Park as well as Lake Conroe and the surrounding area.

Lake Conroe can be seen below.

ScreenHunter_01Nov041100-1.jpg

Below, Lake Conroe, with Sam Houston National Forest to the east. The body of water to the northeast of the national forest is Lake Livingston. So many areas to search ...

ScreenHunter_02Nov041110-1-1.jpg

May today be the day TJ is found.

IMO, there is such a bias against missing young men vs. young women...if TJ was a pretty college girl, his face would be everywhere...

The only thing I can figure, is that LE is hoping they'll find a body before they can press charges. I think they probably have a pretty good idea of what happened, it seems that there were PLENTY of people who saw what happened at Rookies.
It seems to be pretty difficult to press charges without a body right?
So frustrating for TJs family I'm sure :(

Asiapyn, have you heard anything more whatsoever? The silence in this case is unbelievably upsetting. TJ desperately needs to be found and to get justice.

Greetings :)
I haven't heard anything new at all. There is a new flyer that confirms the argument with a "female" at Rookies the night TJ went missing.
I think its ASTOUNDING that no one has leaked information about that "female". If its his ex-gf, its incredible that NO ONE has leaked a name.
That's leading me to believe that LE is keeping everyone super quiet because maybe they're hoping she (and possibly whoever she was with that night) will get careless and make a mistake because they aren't worried about getting caught.
There are over 3000 people on the fb page set up - and not a single person has leaked ANYTHING.
So - perhaps the female wasn't someone TJ had been dating for very long, so his friends and family didn't really know her.
I wish some of the SUPER SLEUTHS on here would do some digging!! I don't have the skills that they have!!!

The only thing I can figure, is that LE is hoping they'll find a body before they can press charges. I think they probably have a pretty good idea of what happened, it seems that there were PLENTY of people who saw what happened at Rookies.
It seems to be pretty difficult to press charges without a body right?
So frustrating for TJs family I'm sure :(

Not just pretty difficult... almost impossible unless they have some strong evidence that he was killed and who did it. Maybe one or two eyewitnesses, or a crime scene with a lot of blood that turns out to be his.

Finding the body is always a big help, but they also need to know who is responsible for a death.

I haven't heard anything new at all. There is a new flyer that confirms the argument with a "female" at Rookies the night TJ went missing.
I think its ASTOUNDING that no one has leaked information about that "female". If its his ex-gf, its incredible that NO ONE has leaked a name.
That's leading me to believe that LE is keeping everyone super quiet because maybe they're hoping she (and possibly whoever she was with that night) will get careless and make a mistake because they aren't worried about getting caught.
There are over 3000 people on the fb page set up - and not a single person has leaked ANYTHING.
So - perhaps the female wasn't someone TJ had been dating for very long, so his friends and family didn't really know her.
I wish some of the SUPER SLEUTHS on here would do some digging!! I don't have the skills that they have!!!

No matter how super-sleuthy posters on here might be, without any information other than TJ had a disagreement/fight with an ex-gf (whose name we don't know) and her new bf (whose name we don't know), and the bf's friends (whose names we don't know), or what any of them were driving or in which direction they were seen heading, or GPS info, or a found piece of TJ's clothing/identity, eyewitness testimony, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, how can we dig? We've got nothing in this case; not a thing. And it's a shame.

Maybe it's not LE that is keeping everyone quiet, maybe it's just a group of young folks who don't want to squeal on another person out of some twisted sense of loyalty OR out of fear of becoming an accessory to a crime.

The case does need media attention, but with nothing to report it's not going to get much attention. Maybe there is a hotshot investigative reporter who could go around asking questions of anyone who was there that night. Kind of strange that no names have come up at all. With that many witnesses to this fight, surely someone knows something.

This reminds me of the Brandi Wells case in the Longview area. She was last seen on a video surveillance tape leaving a club and her car was found the next day, abandoned on the road, and no sign of her. That's been several years ago and they've had very little clues what happened since then.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TJ! 24 years ago today your parents were blessed with your presence. Today, we keep the faith that you will show back up on your own. You were born a fighter and we continue to believe you are out there fighting to come back home. We all love you and miss you very much!

Please join us tonight to celebrate TJ's birthday and keep his spirits high. It will be at 6pm at Papa's Ice House (314 Pruitt Road Spring, Texas 77380).

http://www.facebook.com/bringTJhome

Holidays difficult for families with missing loved ones

Two area families spent the holiday giving thanks and praying for answers as they search and hope for any clue of their missing loved ones. They mysteriously disappeared nearly two months ago, and this day just isn't the same without them.

[snip]

TJ Murray went missing from a Spring sports bar back in October. On Wednesday, the Murray family held a vigil for TJ's 24th birthday, and they spent the Thanksgiving holiday with still no word of his whereabouts.

[snip]

Janelle just cleaned out TJ's apartment at Sam Houston State University, finding his cherished Sunshine Kids pin that he received after beating leukemia at age five. She wears that now -- a symbol of his strength, giving her hope that one day she will know what happened to her son.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8444644

Oh man, and he's childhood cancer survivor? This is awful. His poor family. I hope LE is on this case like white on rice.

Volunteers sought to help search for missing student

Family and friends are still hoping that Thomas Murray Jr. will return home safely.

The Sam Houston State student has been missing for close to two months and law enforcement officials have not been able to find any solid leads in the case. Now a group of Murray’s friends are going to take to the streets to try to find the 24-year-old who was last seen at a sports bar in Montgomery County on Oct. 19.

On Sunday, a group of close to 50 people will be searching an area in Spring from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and they ask that anyone with ATVs or horses join in on the search.

More: http://itemonline.com/local/x1940557695/Volunteers-sought-to-help-search-for-missing-student

nothing on this young man yet...young people usually talk a lot,surprise nothing being said in this case..hoping TJ comes home soon

No news on TJ...so sad...I am so sorry for his family, am thinking of them tonight...and hope that they get their son/brother/loved one back soon...somehow.

I can't find any info about tattoos, only scars on both knees...I do hope he is found, but hate to think in this way, and naked :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back