TX TX - Virginia Carpenter, 21, Denton, 1948

Reading all this again, I can't find the info here or any website and it is pretty minor two part question, I see that it says she couldn't get her trunk when she went back that same night but no one seems to know why and do we know if the cab driver went back the next day and was the one who put the trunk on the grounds? It all reads like it was for sure him and that he picked it up the next day and did that but is there any witness or proof?

75 Years missing...

virginiacarpenter-jpg.336167

Virginia Carpenter, age 21, missing since 1948

Am I right in thinking this was Virginia's first time in Denton? If so then she wouldn't know anyone there, right? So the men in the convertible logically weren’t from Denton. So do we assume they were from Texarcana? If that's the case then we are to believe that they had driven over 3 hours and just happened to show up at the the same time a taxi dropped her off at the correct residence? Seems unlikely!
I have only read once that the convertible was located and the drivers were cleared so I don't know if that's accurate (in an article up thread somewhere).
I also find it incredibly unlikely that she would just get in a car and ride away without even registering into her dorm. I believe a young lady at this time woukd wish to freshen up and settle in before heading out after all that travelling.

I believe the taxi driver did take her back to collect her trunk, she did collect it and got back in his cab. From there I think he got fresh with her and things escalated leading to her death. After dumping her body somewhere he needed to get rid of her trunk so created this ridiculous elaborate story about going to collect it and just leaving it outside her dorm.
I think there are enough problems with the taxi driver's timeline, story and subsequent criminal history that should have made him the obvious and only suspect.

cjstooks, I was wondering if you knew if there was any way one would be able to directly contact Mr. Stout. I have searched extensively but was unable to find any contact information; do you know of any work phone number or email I could reach him at?
Also, would you know if Denton keeps records of road construction and repair that I could use to confirm this information and find a date as to when he searched for Carpenter?
Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Deceased.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Fort Worth, Texas · Saturday, July 23, 1994

Source: Ancestry.com

Fort_Worth_Star_Telegram_1994_07_23_page_42.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads