GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

The family doesn't mention a baby or a boyfriend. I also wonder why on the alternative school. They make it sound like she was a loner and a homebody, so she doesn't sound like she hangs with troubled people. I hope they get answers soon.

Could this be a late-night carjacking?

Too many missing women/girls and unsolved murders of women in or near Lubbock.

exactly, i attribute a few to rosendo rodriguez and dustin thomas kendrick, both former close friends of mine when i played and coached baseball at lubbock christian. however rosendo is on death row and dustin is serving life so they cant have a connection this case. Lubbock is definitely a mecca for someone with predator tendecies

The family doesn't mention a baby or a boyfriend. I also wonder why on the alternative school. They make it sound like she was a loner and a homebody, so she doesn't sound like she hangs with troubled people. I hope they get answers soon.

I think the baby is her sisters child. There is a baby shower photo with her and sis very pregnant. Timeline and baby approx age would match. Jmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

It's interesting that while she was still in text communication with her mother, she was already very late to pick mom up.

And who knows, with a text, whether it was actually Zoe sending the texts. She was already 40 minutes overdue to get her mom -

1452406_705363846150619_716332241_n.jpg

:please:

I live in Lubbock, but we aren't hearing much about this story. I did see this posted today though. Her Dad is in the Marines and was sent home early to help search for her.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/st...ssing-daughter/d/story/FwGtcD6_MkWacvn3lH3yMw

Snipped from story
"The family says 18 year old Zoe was last seen at home on November 17th. According to Lubbock Police, they've now extended their search to El Paso, Austin and Abilene.

But, the family says, except for Austin, they don't know what connections Zoe would have to those cities.

"The only one she would have a connection with is Austin. The other two are just..I don't know why those other two got thrown in there," says Zoe's sister, S. "Austin is where we used to live so thats really the only one."

Praying Zoe is found safe soon so she can be home for the holidays.

Where Are the Driftwood apartments? This is the first I'm hearing about this, but don't ever check local news. There have been no missing posters at any stores I frequent. When Mark Y went missing they were everywhere and being put on windshields at walmart. There is an alternative school here for pregnant girls or for either sex who have a child. I just can't remember if it's matthews.

Edited: after reading more I found that the Driftwood apartments are at 55th and Utica. Utica can be a side road if avoiding the major avenues.

Wow, so little news on this beautiful girl, and what news we have heard doesn't make the situation sound very good. My thoughts are with her friends and family, I hope more comes to light soon, and Zoe can be found safe and well.

If anything, it points to the opposite. Kids are often in alternative school because they had disciplinary problems at the "regular" school. Not saying that's what happened with her. But it certainly could have been.

I don't think Zoe had a discipline problem. I couldn't find a website for Matthews Alternative High School, but it's located at 417 No. Akron Ave, as is the New Directions Early Learning Center. ELCs "care for children (ages birth to 5 years old) of teen parents."
http://www.elclubbock.org/wherewereat.html

They don't just baby-sit, they give the kids pre-K education, as well as breakfast, lunch & snacks.

Matthews has only 175 teenagers total, grades 9-12, which gives a student to teacher ratio of 9 to 1. That's a better ratio than most private schools.
http://www.trulia.com/schools/TX-Lubbock/Matthews_Alternative_High_School/

I'm a little confused about something...
I'm surprised noone brought this up, so maybe i'm just understanding it all wrong...
But...
It says that they found her car the next day or whatever...
But it also says that her aunt followed a man in her car and he ran off when he saw her...
So if he ran away from the car when she he saw her, is that when the car was found? Was it found when the aunt saw the guy running from it?
Or was it found again someplace different?
Maybe i'm not understand it right...
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but i can't seem to understand...

I'm a little confused about something...
I'm surprised noone brought this up, so maybe i'm just understanding it all wrong...
But...
It says that they found her car the next day or whatever...
But it also says that her aunt followed a man in her car and he ran off when he saw her...
So if he ran away from the car when she he saw her, is that when the car was found? Was it found when the aunt saw the guy running from it?
Or was it found again someplace different?
Maybe i'm not understand it right...
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but i can't seem to understand...

Her aunt saw the car and chased it. The man driving it ditched it at the Driftwood Apartments and ran. So, that's when the cops found it. It's not spelled out clearly in the article, but it makes sense that her aunt would call that in to police and they would respond to process the car.

I don't think Zoe had a discipline problem. I couldn't find a website for Matthews Alternative High School, but it's located at 417 No. Akron Ave, as is the New Directions Early Learning Center. ELCs "care for children (ages birth to 5 years old) of teen parents."
http://www.elclubbock.org/wherewereat.html

They don't just baby-sit, they give the kids pre-K education, as well as breakfast, lunch & snacks.

Matthews has only 175 teenagers total, grades 9-12, which gives a student to teacher ratio of 9 to 1. That's a better ratio than most private schools.
http://www.trulia.com/schools/TX-Lubbock/Matthews_Alternative_High_School/

Here's the website for Matthews Alternative HS (part of the Lubbock ISD website): http://matthews.lubbockisd.org/pages/MATTHEWSHS

Here's a brochure about MAHS: http://matthews.lubbockisd.org/file...93745a49013852ec4/MAHS_brochure_2013_2014.pdf

It looks like it is tailored to kids who are pregnant, have a child (or children), are working, or have other "life challenges." In addition to the regular school day, they have a night school.

So, you're correct, JWD, it doesn't appear this is the type of alternative school I was familiar with, that is the school kids with disciplinary issues often get sent to. And of course we certainly have no information that Zoe had such problems.

Does anyone know is Zoe is involved with modeling or had an interest in modeling? I checked out her Facebook page that someone had posted on here and she has "liked" a modeling agency called Crystal Model Agency. It is all written out in Spanish, so I really can't understand the modeling agency's Facebook page. However, I've heard way too many stories of girls wanting to make it into the modeling world, meeting up with some crazed weirdo who poses as a scout and then is never heard from again. It's just a thought...

She's a beautiful young lady. I hope she is found soon!

Her missing poster was posted last night at a gym where I workout and I noticed that the Amarillo Globe News has picked up the story from Lubbock. Other than that, NOTHING.

Here is what bothers me about this: the LPD tells Melinda Campos to wait it out and see if she turns up. After finding her car with her jacket in the trunk and car charger in the car, they change their stance and state she "may be in danger". THEN....a day or so later they state she may have ties to Abilene, Austin and etc. To me, it implies they think she ran away.

Which one is it?!?!?! Is Zoe in danger or not and why the shift?

I understand LE likes to keep things close and reveal only what they need to, but I feel our local LE sucks!!! I work with a cousin to Mark Anthony Ysasaga that went missing last year. When I talk to the family, LE knows NOTHING!

Sorry, but this is frustrating and I just have my fingers crossed some more information comes out or you all find something and we can bring this little lady home.

I found a profile for a Zoe Campos on Explore Talent...a modeling/talent site.

Please tell me if this looks like her a few years younger when she lived in Austin? The profile says she is 18 and in Austin, Texas. Maybe she created the profile when she was 14-15 and living there????

http://www.exploretalent.com/musician/zoecampos/3661362

Does anyone know is Zoe is involved with modeling or had an interest in modeling? I checked out her Facebook page that someone had posted on here and she has "liked" a modeling agency called Crystal Model Agency. It is all written out in Spanish, so I really can't understand the modeling agency's Facebook page. However, I've heard way too many stories of girls wanting to make it into the modeling world, meeting up with some crazed weirdo who poses as a scout and then is never heard from again. It's just a thought...

She's a beautiful young lady. I hope she is found soon!

I meant to thank you for exploring the modeling angle from her FB. I did find one modeling/talent site that looks likes it could be a profile she created a few years ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back