GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

Here is what bothers me about this: the LPD tells Melinda Campos to wait it out and see if she turns up. After finding her car with her jacket in the trunk and car charger in the car, they change their stance and state she "may be in danger". THEN....a day or so later they state she may have ties to Abilene, Austin and etc. To me, it implies they think she ran away.

Which one is it?!?!?! Is Zoe in danger or not and why the shift?

Most likely, they don't know. Their goal is to find her. If she possibly ran away (which is a somewhat weird phrase to use as she's a legal adult and can leave if she wants, but she is still in high school), then they want people who are in the areas she has ties to to be on the lookout for her, so they can find her, and confirm she's ok and not in danger. But there is some evidence that she may be in danger--going off without her car, her phone charger left behind, the guy running away from the car when her aunt chased him, whatever else we may not know about--and so they are treating it as an endangered case. I think they are just trying to find her, and following up all possibilities.

I read that the phone charger was in the back seat and wondered why she'd have taken it along to pick up her mother.

I read that the phone charger was in the back seat and wondered why she'd have taken it along to pick up her mother.

Maybe she keeps a charger in her car, we do, just in case the battery goes bad while we're out and about and we need to use the phone for some reason.

If the aunt witnessed a guy fleeing from the vehicle, did she know/recognize him? Did she provide any type of physical description?

If the aunt witnessed a guy fleeing from the vehicle, did she know/recognize him? Did she provide any type of physical description?

In this article from November 22nd: Lubbock police seek 18-year-old missing woman last seen Sunday, may be in danger there seems to be no description of the man. :(

The Police Department's tone changed Tuesday night after officers found the abandoned 1997 silver Lincoln Town Car that Zoe was supposed to fetch her mother in, according to Melinda Campos.

Campos said her sister spotted Zoe’s car being driven by an unidentified man.

After a brief chase, the man abandoned the vehicle at the Driftwood Apartments in the 5500 block of Utica Avenue.

-----

And in this article from November 21st doesn't give any additional description either. :scared: Police Need Help Finding Missing Woman

The family says Campos’ car was spotted Wednesday night with an unknown driver. Once spotted, the driver stopped the car and ran away according to the family.

I found a profile for a Zoe Campos on Explore Talent...a modeling/talent site.

Please tell me if this looks like her a few years younger when she lived in Austin? The profile says she is 18 and in Austin, Texas. Maybe she created the profile when she was 14-15 and living there????

http://www.exploretalent.com/musician/zoecampos/3661362
There's a very close resemblance to me, however I can't really tell if that is her or not. The girl on the Explore Talent website seems to have a little more weight on her than Zoe. You're right though, it could be her when she was a bit younger.

Maybe she keeps a charger in her car, we do, just in case the battery goes bad while we're out and about and we need to use the phone for some reason.

I have an answer similar to TxLady's- my car cell phone charger is almost always on the floor of my car, just in case I need it.

My charger is always kept in my car. In fact we have bought a charger for each of our vehicles in case cell phone battery dies. But for it to be on the floor in the back seat....that's a bit hinky for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I was watching KCBD this morning while getting ready for work. They said there is supposed to be a news conference at 10:00AM this morning...which is in 15 minutes.

I have checked their site and nothing about the news conference is posted.

I hope they release some kind of news or tips on Zoe.

My charger is always kept in my car. In fact we have bought a charger for each of our vehicles in case cell phone battery dies. But for it to be on the floor in the back seat....that's a bit hinky for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Mine is always plugged in, but it would be pretty easy to lose track of it if it's not kept plugged in, maybe just laying on the dash or in the console. Turning corners, stopping quick or moving forward too fast could send it flying into the back or on the floor. I want mine where I can reach it if I'm driving, but many people just leave them laying around anywhere until they need it.

A $1,000 reward has been posted for Campos, who is now listed as missing and endangered.

Police say 18-year-old Zoe Campos was last seen on Sunday, Nov. 17, around 11 p.m.

The last known contact with Campos was Monday, Nov. 18, around 2 a.m. She was reported missing the following day.

----

Sergeant Breunig and the Lubbock Police Department is asking for any information that would help to locate Campos.

Bruing said, "Zoe was involved in behavior that might put her in harm's way. We believe she is in danger."

http://www.kcbd.com/story/24112522/police-missing-lubbock-teen-now-listed-as-endangered

32 people (mostly guys) "liked" one of her most recent fb photos, I'd like to know if LE has been in contact with all of them.

Bruing said, "Zoe was involved in behavior that might put her in harm's way. We believe she is in danger."

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.

I see they still haven't identified the male who was spotted driving her car. I wonder if the police managed to lift prints from the inside of the car, although I suppose these are of no use for the time being if the person doesn't already have their prints on file.

I :please: they identify this person soon. The way I see it, he is a BIG key to what has happened. Either he was involved in Zoe's disappearance, or he can provide invaluable evidence as to what happened to her (say, if he found the car abandoned somewhere).

I found some interesting notes to this case...

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-...s-past-behavior-may-have-put-her#.Up6_rMRDuSo

Lubbock police officials said in a press conference Monday morning, Dec. 2, that a missing 18-year-old woman’s past behavior may have put her in harm’s way.

But then her mother says this...
“She hardly ever did anything or went anywhere, so I don’t know where this dangerous behavior came from,” she said. “She hardly ever did anything or went anywhere, so I don’t know where this dangerous behavior came from,” she said.
It seems to me that maybe her family didn't know everything she was in to.

According to LE..
“Due to the information obtained thus far, plus lack of communication from Zoe, we believe she is in danger,” he said. However, Breunig would not confirm if she was abducted.

As far as why the other cities came up I believe was due to this..
Bruenig said the cities were added to the search based on her Facebook activity.

Obviously there's a lot more to this story than what we know. Very interesting.

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2013-12-07/fbi-joins-lubbock-police-search-18-year-old-zoe-gabrielle-campos

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined the Lubbock Police Department in the search for missing 18-year-old Zoe Gabrielle Campos.

FBI spokeswoman Katie Chaumont confirmed local authorities asked for help from federal investigators. It’s not that FBI agents have more training in locating missing persons, but they do have access to federal and local resources, Chaumont said."

FBI Kidnappings & Missing Persons

November 19, 2013
Lubbock, Texas

ZOE GABRIELLE CAMPOS

DESCRIPTION
Place of Birth: Texas
Height: 5'0" (At time of disappearance)
Weight: 100 pounds (At time of disappearance)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Sex: Female
Race: White (Hispanic)

Remarks: Zoe may have connections to Abilene, Austin, or El Paso, Texas.

DETAILS
On November 19, 2013, Zoe Gabrielle Campos was reported missing to the Lubbock Police Department. She was last seen during the late evening on November 17, 2013, and her last contact with friends and family was in the early morning hours of November 18, 2013. She has not been located nor has she made contact with her family, and she is believed to be in danger.

On November 21, 2013, Zoe's silver 4-door Lincoln Town Car was located at the Driftwood Apartments on Utica Avenue in Lubbock, Texas. An unknown person wearing a dark hoodie-style sweatshirt was reported to be seen in the vehicle, but was not in the area when police arrived.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Lubbock Police Department (806-741-1000) or the FBI (972-559-5000).

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Dallas

Poster Classification: Missing Persons

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/zoe-gabrielle-campos

I wonder if they got dogs to try and track either the hoodied driver or Zoe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back