UID VICTIM: NY - Lattingtown, AsianFem 20-50, UP10952, golden pig pendant, Jan'13

I found an interesting victim I think could be related to Lattingtown Jane Doe. By the way I thjink this topic should be in the LISK forum in order to receive the proper attention. Latt Jane was buried which none of the LISK victims were and so was Muttown Jane Doe found very close by. If you look at Muttontown Rd where this Jane Doe was found buried off of in the preserve, 7 miles straight up Oyster Bay Rd turns right into Sheep Lane where Lattingtown Jane was found. Similar MO, very close in location, both buried, both unidentified and could be a similar time frame. Are we dealing with another LI serial killer who buries victims around this area of the north shore, or early victims of the LISK before he started dismembering? Could be early 90's victims.

http://nypost.com/2001/11/14/horrified-hikers-discover-skull/
By Kieran Crowely
[\QUOTE]
This is really interesting. thank you for posting! I did not know about this one. We should give her own thread also if she does not have one already. I myself believe there are more than one LI serial killers so this would fit. Good theory!

I don't know how my response got up in the quote box:confused:

Last edited:
Stumbling On The Abandoned Ruins Of King Zog’s Long Island Estate

And as it turns out, Knollwood has a lot more hidden than just ruins. In 2001, some men were out orienteering when they noticed something shiny sticking out of the ground. It turned out to be a human bone, and the full skeleton of a 5’3″ woman was soon unearthed, curled into a fetal position.

That is a fascinating article and photos, and the comments are even more interesting.
I know I just found it!!! I loved it!!!

Yeah like the one towards the end about finding a naked girl running in there?:eek:

Last edited:
Could this be Norine Higuchi Brown? She is not in NAMUS yet.
She is part Japanese and part German in origin. Missing since 1990.

Here is her thread:
NY - NY - Norine Higuchi Brown, 31, Nassau County, 12 Dec 1990

The UID location is only 14.4 miles drive from the Pathmark Grocery store where Norine's car was found (King Kullen today): Google Maps

The pig necklace may be symbolic of Norine's parents-- Both were born in 1935 which is the "Year of the Pig" in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar (although Chinese in origin, many Japanese have embraced it). Japanese may replace the pig with a boar according to Wikipedia: Pig (zodiac) - Wikipedia

2019 is also the year of the pig. Maybe it will be the year this case is solved.

(If anyone thinks this is a possibility, please send it in. I am only suggesting here and I posted this on Norine's thread as well. Thanks)

Here is her thread:

The UID location is only 14.4 miles drive from the Pathmark Grocery store where Norine's car was found (King Kullen today): Google Maps

The pig necklace may be symbolic of Norine's parents-- Both were born in 1935 which is the "Year of the Pig" in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar (although Chinese in origin, many Japanese have embraced it). Japanese may replace the pig with a boar according to Wikipedia: Pig (zodiac) - Wikipedia

2019 is also the year of the pig. Maybe it will be the year this case is solved.

(If anyone thinks this is a possibility, please send it in. I am only suggesting here and I posted this on Norine's thread as well. Thanks)

Yes that would make sense. Though it could represent her year of birth too. I'm from a Chinese background, and I have heard that usually whatever zodiac animal you are you wear the pendant of that animal. So I, for instance, would be wearing a rabbit pendant.

Yes that would make sense. Though it could represent her year of birth too. I'm from a Chinese background, and I have heard that usually whatever zodiac animal you are you wear the pendant of that animal. So I, for instance, would be wearing a rabbit pendant.

I understand. The reason I mentioned her parent's DOB is because Norine was was born in 1958 which was the year of the dog. I was thinking the pig necklace might have been something she inherited from her father's Asian side of the family or possibly a Christmas gift she had bought for one of her family members (Noreen disappeared in December and had gone Christmas shopping with her sister and kids the day before that). I looked through the few pictures on her thread and did not see her wearing any necklaces. Mainly, I found this UID by looking for Asian remains in Nassau County to try to match up with Norine. Norine is not in NAMUS nor any missing person's databases so she would not have popped up as an auto rule out.

Here is her thread:

OMG GREAT FIND!...Yes!! and its the year of the Yesterday was Chinese New Year The Year of the Pig!!.. How awesome is it if it was her and she is finally named this year!!

9aEBkXf.jpg

24k gold pig pendant and chain

Long Island North Shore
Lattingtown
Nassau County, NY

23 January 2013

"A woman walking her dog near Sheep Lane found the skeletal remains that police said are likely that of a female between the ages of 20 and 30.

The dog sniffed the sand and proceeded to dig up a bag containing human bones, women’s slacks and undergarments.

Police said the remains had obvious signs of trauma, CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported." (CBS)

“We believe we are dealing with a female skeleton,” who is between 20 and 30 years old, Azzata said. “There was women’s clothing with the body, but again don’t attribute that to being a woman.”

Investigators are hoping that a distinct-looking gold necklace with a pig pendant will help them identify the remains.

The animal symbolizes luck in some cultures. The pig is one of the 12 zodiac animals in Chinese culture and signifies different years. Detectives have already started focusing on the years between 1970 and 1985, hoping the pendant may help identify a birth year.

“The best lead we have so far is the necklace,” said Azzata, noting that 24-karat necklaces are popular in Asian and Indian jewelry shops.
(LI Press)

Today I finally found a 100% EXACT copy of the 24K GOLD PIG PENDANT
that was found with the skeletal Remains in Lattingtown.

I have, by phone, talked with a Nassau County Homicide Squad detective (who was very nice and indeed took my info seriously) and sent him all my research on that
100% EXACT copy of the 24K GOLD PIG PENDANT.

For now, I will not share my information in order to not risk compromising the investigation.

However I can say so much as that the location were I found the exact copy of the 24k gold pig pendant is not more that 50 miles away from Lattingtown were the remains were found.

I have, by phone, talked with a Nassau County Homicide Squad detective (who was very nice and indeed took my info seriously) and sent him all my research on that

For now, I will not share my information in order to not risk compromising the investigation.

However I can say so much as that the location were I found the exact copy of the 24k gold pig pendant is not more that 50 miles away from Lattingtown were the remains were found.

Excellent work!! Keep us updated, I really hope it provides some leads. :)

Whoa, excellent!

I just now finished listening to a podcast on news 12 Long Island about norine brown, is there anything new re the necklace ? I’m new to the posts FYI

"Felg Chai Li was last seen on July 12, 2002, in Montreal. She left her host family with a friend for a trip to Toronto. She has not given any news since. Felg Chai might have gone to New York. "

There's not much info out there, but it's worth mentioning that Felg Chai was born in 1984 (I haven't found exact date), and 1983 was a Year of the Pig, which lasted until February 1st, 1984..

Canada's Missing | Case details

A good find! Has anyone reported this to the Montreal Police?
Can't answer for others, but I haven't.
Tbh, I have pretty much stopped submitting tips and possible matches because it's too often an incredibly tedious process for us located across the pond.. but feel free to submit Felg if you think she's a match!

ETA: Reading your post again, I am not sure if you are referring to my post or the posts upthread concerning the pig pendant.

Last edited:
ETA: Reading your post again, I am not sure if you are referring to my post or the posts upthread concerning the pig pendant.
Haha, you are obviously referring to my post since you are mentioning Montreal police! My bad! *note to self: Do NOT type before coffee*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back