UK UK - Ann Heron, 44, found at home with throat cut, Darlington, 3 August 1990

Sun, Aug 26, 1990
1705451387254.png
: “Heidi was devoted to my wife “I am sure she witnessed what happened to Ann because her character has changed completely “Previously she would bark if anyone came to the house “But now she just sits trembling in a corner or staring down the driveway”

Thank you, I really appreciate that. The documentary didn't portray Peter as he actually is. I agree he didn't come over well. He was hoodwinked to give a story of 80s misogyny which when edited didn't look great on him - times were very different then.
Statistically (80 ish percent depending on geographical location) it is someone known and usuallya partner. Peter Heron has an alibi from 2pm to 6pm with witnesses that include an off duty police officer, and people Peter actually spoke to. The case is however, littered with poor decisions on all parts from 1990 - 2005 to now.

The only evidence the police had against Peter was the DNA on his wife in his home ( nothing exceptional there) and the fact he initially lied about his journey route home. In the initial lie he would implicate him more. When his actual route was given it does give him a coverdd alibi, so the initial lie didn't benefit him - just a stupid thing to do.

There are recent developments which will be published in the media in the next week or so. Once they are public, I'll be able to elaborate more.

Regarding Benson, yes I believe he is a viable suspect. This is simplified but based on antecedents, efit, witness statements, psychiatric reports, and interviews with those who knew him, location and reason to be near, the car, his description, the confession. Hope that helps.
Hi,

Have you any updates on the developments that you said would be published before Christmas? I have searched online but i can't find anything new relating to Ann's case?

TIA

Hi,

Have you any updates on the developments that you said would be published before Christmas? I have searched online but i can't find anything new relating to Ann's case?

TIA
Hi,
There is a slight delay with this, but it is imminent. As soon as it is released I'll be sure to come back and answer questions. Sorry to tease, but my hands are temporarily tied.

Hi,
There is a slight delay with this, but it is imminent. As soon as it is released I'll be sure to come back and answer questions. Sorry to tease, but my hands are temporarily tied.
The recent developments you mention, are they related to your own investigations or are they relating to the Durham Constabulary's appeal for fresh information 6 months ago?

Thanks.

The recent developments you mention, are they related to your own investigations or are they relating to the Durham Constabulary's appeal for fresh information 6 months ago?

Thanks.
Durham Constabulary have lots of evidence against who they believe murdered Ann, they just need a bit more to convince the CPS to take it to court, IMO. It nearly got that far previously, including a charge and period on remand/bail. The murderer, who is extensively cited in these threads, should just confess now and end the trauma for the family.

Durham Constabulary have lots of evidence against who they believe murdered Ann, they just need a bit more to convince the CPS to take it to court, IMO. It nearly got that far previously, including a charge and period on remand/bail. The murderer, who is extensively cited in these threads, should just confess now and end the trauma for the family.
The CPS have a weird percentage system which they use to determine who is suitable for prosecution.
I know who you mean, but unfortunately I don't think any suspect is anywhere near the CPS threshold, or likely to ever confess.

I think Jen Jarvie is a very solid researcher, and unlike Jen, I don't have access to the case files or any insider information, but from what I do know, I don't really like Benson as a suspect.

I don't think a seasoned jailbird would ever stage a crime scene to make it look like a sex crime. The absolute last thing Benson would want is to go back to prison as a sex offender

I also don't think a fugitive, who stayed out of prison for 22 years on the run, would send a load of taunting letters to police and the press. You would think Benson lived a very low risk life from 1989-2011 to avoid ever going back to prison.

He's also a supposed robber (and possible local mugger) who doesn't actually steal anything; and also an incredibly lucky offender to not only not leave DNA, but also to leave Ann's body in the one and only spot in the house where Peter's DNA from semen is found.

Random speculation, imo.
Did a peeper ever watch the couple engaged in that specific area of the house and returned to it for that reason?
An enemy/frenemy who wants AH gone and PH put away?
That's a possibility. I was thinking about the woman PH was having an affair with.
Did she have any jealous exes or admirers who knew and hated PH?

Also wasn't it the hottest day for a long while?

Did Peter's car have air conditioning, or was it a convertible?
Did his car have leather or canvas seats?
Had the car been sitting in the sun all day or was it garaged?

It seems like the sort of boiling hot day when most workers would have been desperate to get home and out of the car as soon as possible, yet PH delays his homecoming and drives around hoping to catch a glimpse of his mistress.

Murderer or not, Peter Heron seems a piece of work.

His wife has just been killed. PH is an intelligent man and knows he will be a suspect. Yet his main priority is to lie and try to hide his affair.

How does he think this will look further down the line; or is he in shock, yet somehow able to stay calm enough to explain an alibi for his affair?

I tend to agree @CSIAngus

Sorry but it just seems most likely.

Also wasn't it the hottest day for a long while?

Did Peter's car have air conditioning, or was it a convertible?
Did his car have leather or canvas seats?
Had the car been sitting in the sun all day or was it garaged?

It seems like the sort of boiling hot day when most workers would have been desperate to get home and out of the car as soon as possible, yet PH delays his homecoming and drives around hoping to catch a glimpse of his mistress.
That's his account. An alternative is the same amount of time he claims he took to drive that longer, more unusual route gave him enough opportunity to commit the act on the shorter, normal route past his home. PH is still the prime suspect IMO.

Sorry to disappoint you - but this is just not the case at all. Durham Constabulary do not have 'lots of evidence' This is pure speculation on your behalf and just not true.

That's his account. An alternative is the same amount of time he claims he took to drive that longer, more unusual route gave him enough opportunity to commit the act on the shorter, normal route past his home. PH is still the prime suspect IMO.
Unfortunately, Peter Heron was seen on his 'long way round' back to the office - one such witness was an off-duty police officer. This is not speculation but a verified fact.
You are entitled to your opinion but the facts you're giving are not correct at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back