UK UK - Ann Heron, 44, found at home with throat cut, Darlington, 3 August 1990

I wonder what Peter's earnings were for 1990, and whether Ann had life insurance, and a will. If she did have a will, then who were the beneficiaries?

Like I said, PH may well not be guilty of the murder, but it's easy to see why the police have kept him as a strong suspect for so long. It's like he can't see how bad he makes himself look to others (or just no longer cares).

It reminds me a bit of the Ann Myring 'disappearance' in 1997, and how AM's husband behaved in the aftermath.
There was no life insurance. Its not cut and dry when Peter Heron from day one has an accountable alibi.

Hi,

The reward was £50,000 - it was misquoted in the press. The holiday was not with his girlfriend but his wife and daughters, their partners and children for his retirement. I hope that clarifies.
Reporting the reward as £500, rather than £50,000, is a pretty serious discrepancy.

'The Journal' on 20 July 1992, reported that Peter was off on a romantic holiday to Tenerife with his "new friend" *advertiser censored***, and planned to propose.

Some of the quotes attributed to Peter in this article include:

"I've made no secret of my relationship with *advertiser censored***. She came to our works Christmas dinner, and in February arranged a secret birthday party for me. *advertiser censored*** knows all about everything and I'm probably going to pop the question".

"We have discussed in detail our future together and maybe the cruise will be the right place to pop the question".

There was no life insurance. Its not cut and dry when Peter Heron from day one has an accountable alibi.
You know a hundred times more about this case than I do, so I'm only really playing devil's advocate. However it's not unknown for a spouse to ensure an alibi, but have someone else actually commit the murder.

He didn't have an accountable alibi from day one though, did he? You yourself have stated that he initially told the police he drove a different way to his office (presumably past Aeolian House) before changing it to driving back via the village of Croft. So, right from the very start, he has caused doubt about himself by giving two different versions of how he arrived back at his office.

I have asked you before (without receiving a reply) but when did Mr Heron change his story of his drive back to the office - was it before or after the affair with the barmaid became known?

Was it ever disclosed she wanted to leave him? So he came home unannounced (after already being back for lunch) - Demanded / Got a BJ and then slit her throat? Then drove around / had meetings to bulk up his alibi. I'm far from convinced that PH is innocent, but I am not buying that scenario. Wasn't it proved she was killed after 3-4pm? So PH couldn't of committed the crime on his lunch break.
It was widely reported that Anne was unhappy in Darlington and wanted to return to her children in Scotland. The Link is My5 which is only broadcast in the UK.

The problem for Peter Heron is that, there has never been a viable addtional suspect, or any evidence suggesting an intruder. A stranger attack would of surely resulted in clear evidence of a struggle between Ann & the culprit A burglary gone wrong, would result in items missing from the house surely? A burglar being rumbled kills the occupant but then doesn't steal anything?

Followed this thread/case for a while now , only posting once.

Love WiseOwl, Angus,tes, and others posts. I also feel a little for JJ and appreciate her occ posting and stance.

For me, IMO only, PH is guilty as sin,based on utter obfuscation, lies, motive, countertruths etc. The Police have no other suspects they are looking at and have clearly stated so, imho.

The dna throat evidence is overwhelming imo.

The only thing I worry about is, if PH commited the murder himself, how could he present himself in the immediate aftermath free of obv signs of attack, Blood, clothes etc,in the short timeframe?

All just Moo! Following until solved.

X

Followed this thread/case for a while now , only posting once.

Love WiseOwl, Angus,tes, and others posts. I also feel a little for JJ and appreciate her occ posting and stance.

For me, IMO only, PH is guilty as sin,based on utter obfuscation, lies, motive, countertruths etc. The Police have no other suspects they are looking at and have clearly stated so, imho.

The dna throat evidence is overwhelming imo.

The only thing I worry about is, if PH commited the murder himself, how could he present himself in the immediate aftermath free of obv signs of attack, Blood, clothes etc,in the short timeframe?

All just Moo! Following until solved.

X
He was in his own home ,maybe given the throat evidence he was wearing little clothing.

I too would say PH is as guilty as sin.

You know a hundred times more about this case than I do, so I'm only really playing devil's advocate. However it's not unknown for a spouse to ensure an alibi, but have someone else actually commit the murder.
Thinking a bit more about this, if PH had hired a hitman, he would have probably ensured he had a much stronger alibi than the ones he produced.

Thinking a bit more about this, if PH had hired a hitman, he would have probably ensured he had a much stronger alibi than the ones he produced.
True. The hitman theory is backed up by the method of kill and the lack of disturbance in the house. You would need have some sort of training with knives in order to kill this way. The hitman pounced on Ann and she had no chance to fight back or escape. Did Heron have this kind of training?

True. The hitman theory is backed up by the method of kill and the lack of disturbance in the house. You would need have some sort of training with knives in order to kill this way. The hitman pounced on Ann and she had no chance to fight back or escape. Did Heron have this kind of training?
Wouldn't the killer be splattered with blood after cutting Ms Heron's throat? speculation.

I don't know if PH had any training with a knife.

The profile for the Kate Bushell murder (in which the method was quite similar) said the killer may have had slaughterhouse experience.

I agree that a hitman/intruder type would have to be stealthy, but someone capable of this could have learned to use a knife in many different ways.
Slaughterhouse worker, butcher, military man, farmer, survivalist, chef, martial arts expert, or just a lunatic who killed animals as a child.

PH has home advantage, over even a ninja or SAS man, in that he could approach Ann without suspicion. She would let him get close without any fear, as he was her husband, not some stranger and home invader.

If it was a stranger, then I guess he would have immediately controlled Ann with the knife. Like many victims, she may also have completely frozen when confronted by a knifed maniac. None of us know how we'll react under immense threat. It's not always just a case of fight or flight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back