UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the police and military authorities are trying to control media coverage in the way they would not with a missing civilian. The media have been known to co-operate and keep things under their hats when asked to do so for security reasons.

That's certainly possible. Given that it's now getting on for a week since he disappeared, and the area between BSE and the camp has been seached, it seems unlikely that he has suffered some sort of accident on his way home. That leaves the possibility that he's gone AWOL, deliberately or due to some sort of breakdown, or the worrying possibility that he's been kidnapped. Is there anything else it could be?

Young person + booze + expanse of water? Sadly this has been the most usual outcome:-(.

I would think, from experience, if they thought he had gone AWOL it probably wouldn't be publicised unless there was some concern for his health.

Thanks for that Jiminy. Maybe he had said to his block-mates that he was planning to stay out, hence why no-one was worried.

I just felt like if it had been a young woman it would have been a much higher profile case. :-/

I really can't see any evidence of anything sinister here, it seems to have all the ingredients of a tragic alcohol related death. A terrorist wouldn't lie in wait to pounce on a drunken serviceman in the pitch black in country lanes, they tend to prefer to hack them to death in broad daylight in front of people.

Or attempt to bundle them into a car whilst jogging?

It looked like a chinese takeout box and chopsticks to me (he is holding them so far down and could be why he dropped one). There are a few places in the area he disappeared - but some of you are much more familiar with what is probably open or popular there.

BSE is not exactly a nightlife centre so its nighttime economy post-midnight seems very limited. I had a look at various listings of takeaways in the city and the latest I found were a Chinese place (open til 1am) and a fried chicken one (2am). There must have been somewhere open later but I couldn't find anywhere.

A terrorist wouldn't lie in wait to pounce on a drunken serviceman in the pitch black in country lanes, they tend to prefer to hack them to death in broad daylight in front of people.

But they might lie in wait close to the entrance to a military camp waiting for a lone individual returning from a night out.

http://www.forces.tv/20022821

"It comes as the search for Corrie shifted its focus to the busy A134 road linking Bury St Edmunds to RAF Honington. One theory is that he could have been hit by a vehicle while walking along the road in the dark and thrown into the undergrowth.

Suffolk Constabulary have confirmed that Corrie's mobile phone along with his debit and credit cards have not been used since he disappeared."

Sadly this seems like the most probable thing to have happened, I can't think of another likely explanation but I hope for his family they find out something soon

With regards to the other people seen in the CCTV footage, fb comments from locals say that the building he is passing is a pub and that there are always bouncers on the door.

Watching the clip again with that in mind their behaviour makes more sense too me.

With regards to the other people seen in the CCTV footage, fb comments from locals say that the building he is passing is a pub and that there are always bouncers on the door.

Watching the clip again with that in mind their behaviour makes more sense too me.

They have been spoken to and eliminated as being able to help, being bouncers makes total sense to me

Hope he is found soon.

I have to agree about the CCTV. I nearly didn't bother watching it as it's usually awful quality but that was so clear

Was missing RAF man KIDNAPPED? Mother of serviceman, 23, who vanished a week ago tells of her fears

Police investigating the disappearance of a missing RAF serviceman are not ruling out the possibility he may have been abducted, his mother has revealed.

Corrie McKeague, who is based at RAF Honington, was last seen on a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on Saturday.

CCTV footage captured him roaming the town's streets at around 3.20am before it's thought he may have tried to walk back to base - a three-hour journey on foot.

His mother, Nicola Urquhart, told the Sunday Times that the possibility of a kidnap 'has been mentioned by the police and it's not something they would rule out.

She said: 'It's looking more and more suspicious as time goes on that they're not actually finding him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...viceman-23-vanished-week-ago-tells-fears.html

I think it's highly unlikely he has been abducted, but stranger things have happened

I think it's highly unlikely he has been abducted, but stranger things have happened
I agree, after following Adrian Lynch in Jersey I can't see any other outcome for this lad sadly :(

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/c...ing_suffolk_serviceman_has_unfolded_1_4720564

My local paper has a decent timeline feature at the moment.

I'd really like to know which direction he headed in after this short clip. That area has plenty of cctv.

Honington where he was based is in the other direction to Barton Mills. I don't know the bin lorry's route but hopefully if they're able to follow that there will be more cctv.

The phone being found in a bin does worry me. Even after a few drinks I'm very careful about my phone. I'd definitely imagine that to also be the case with a young service man who is hundreds of miles from his family. I really hope there's able to be a positive outcome from this.

I wonder if he had become separated from his phone at an earlier point in the evening. Maybe he left it somewhere/it was stolen and someone just lobbed it in the bin because they couldn't unlock it.

Used to live near Bury St Eds, drank in the pub he walks past in the CCTV, so I have a lot of friends sharing this story on FB. Hope he is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname