UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the air force for 6 years and this is the first I have ever heard of someone being allowed to keep a dog in airmans accommodation. That's why I brought it up. Doesn't sit right with me.

A couple of questions have come to mind, do we know what job Darroch does and do we know how many other RAF personnel keep dogs in their rooms? It might be a common thing to which a blind eye is turned rather than an indicator of any anything specific to Corrie

Where I work a number of service men and women of all ranks keep dogs in their rooms/ blocks. It seems to be a more recent thing as I'd never come across it until perhaps 18 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rules changed a while back that pets like dogs could be kept in rooms, but you needed permission to do so. I haven't come across many who did, but that was because of work commitments - no guarantee you'd get enough time at lunch, say, to nip back to accommodation or there'd because break during a 12 hour shift - as well as the possibility of being away for a couple of weeks on exercise or months on deployment. And that's not specific to the Regiment or Honington, that's various bases and military jobs.

Really? Since when? I would be very surprised if this is the case. How could the animal be cared for if you are sent on a 5 month detachment. Also you are sleeping in close quarters to fellow airmen who work shifts. Really shocked if this is the case

Where I work a number of service men and women of all ranks keep dogs in their rooms/ blocks. It seems to be a more recent thing as I'd never come across it until perhaps 18 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, thanks for the info. Amazed at this but not doubting anyone.

There is very little information to go on from the moment corrie left the night club. What is more clear is what he was doing in the hours and even days before. Very little has been reported about corrie other than him being a big character, and now of course the 'social hand grenade' quote has came out.

The time line in the hours leading up to this night out just don't seem right to me. Has any CCTV been made available of him leaving and walking between the pubs and entering the night club? Would be interesting to know how he was behaving then. Was he on his own? Was he staggering? He was only in the nightclub a short time so how did he managed to get that drunk so quickly that he was asked to leave?

Please, please, please keep the FB live discussion that hasn't been reported in MSM in this thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Corrie-McKeague-Family-Facebook-Live-Q-amp-A

I have moved some posts over to that thread, but PLEASE do me a favor and post in the correct topical thread.

:tyou:

:bump:

I just moved a couple more posts over.

Please help me out with this guys. I'm begging you. LOL

I need you to please keep the FB Live discussion in that thread except for the parts that were reported in MSM this morning.

I don't see as confusing db09.
I'm calling great piles of turtle dropping on this article as it's misleading.
Firstly, the area is NOT closed off by buildings. It's revered to as the 'Horseshoe' as it is a car/van/LGV vehicle turnaround area. A pedestrian walk through bisects the Tarmac turnaround. The is one way in/out for vehicles and three ways in/out for pedestrians.
Secondly, an individual CAN leave the 'Horseshoe' area on foot without being seen or caught on CCTV. It's a rarity granted, but it can be done. The chances of Corrie being in the short window of opportunity when the Greenwoods camera points the other way is slim but possible.
We do NOT know if he was caught on camera again as the released CCTV footage has been selective to say the least (IMHO) and very, very localised. We DO NOT know if he was caught on camera alighting a vehicle in the 'Horseshoe', inside a vehicle heading from the 'Horseshoe', or missing the CCTV momentarily and then alighting a vehicle as Short Brackland starts proper.

Poor newspaper reporting and shoddy editing by the media at work again. I make no wonder we're on Thread 10!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Two ways out for vehicles. I thought it was one way out but a vehicle could drive in front of cornhill centre and out via Brentgovel Street https://goo.gl/maps/hbjTPnDi4sC2

OK, thanks for the info. Amazed at this but not doubting anyone.

There is very little information to go on from the moment corrie left the night club. What is more clear is what he was doing in the hours and even days before. Very little has been reported about corrie other than him being a big character, and now of course the 'social hand grenade' quote has came out.

The time line in the hours leading up to this night out just don't seem right to me. Has any CCTV been made available of him leaving and walking between the pubs and entering the night club? Would be interesting to know how he was behaving then. Was he on his own? Was he staggering? He was only in the nightclub a short time so how did he managed to get that drunk so quickly that he was asked to leave?

I am interested if you have any thoughts on why Corrie's workmates, colleagues and friends from his base haven't said a word about him or that evening.

Would they be restricted in doing so by RAF ? Is that part of the culture in the Services generally that Servicemen do not make statements in public even in such cases as this? TIA

Hi,
I have noticed a few people query how the doormen could have asked Corrie to leave Flex, just because he was drunk. Corrie reminds me a lot of my partner ( he is armed forces), my partner is always the life and soul of every party and becomes louder and louder the more he drinks lol! This can be sometimes construed as being in your face and over familiar to people who don't know him. Bearing in mind most people are quite reserved, even whilst drinking! We once were thrown out of a club for that reason, someone complained that he was being aggressive when he wasn't at all, just very loud! I had been with him the whole time and I get the feeling something like this could have happened to Corrie.

:bump:

I just moved a couple more posts over.

Please help me out with this guys. I'm begging you. LOL

I need you to please keep the FB Live discussion in that thread except for the parts that were reported in MSM this morning.

I apologise profusely! I'm fresh meat and frankly don't know what I'm doing yet hehe! I've inboxed you though to ask for guidance.

Thanks xx

Hi,
I have noticed a few people query how the doormen could have asked Corrie to leave Flex, just because he was drunk. Corrie reminds me a lot of my partner ( he is armed forces), my partner is always the life and soul of every party and becomes louder and louder the more he drinks lol! This can be sometimes construed as being in your face and over familiar to people who don't know him. Bearing in mind most people are quite reserved, even whilst drinking! We once were thrown out of a club for that reason, someone complained that he was being aggressive when he wasn't at all, just very loud! I had been with him the whole time and I get the feeling something like this could have happened to Corrie.

Yes, you're probably right. It would explain how he hasn't actually done anything wrong, but is being conceived as a nuisance. Bless him. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500