UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there was anything in particular. I think it was just a general comment about seeing what may well turn out to be his last movements, especially as the context is not very pleasant, drunk and passed out in a shop doorway. N was quoted somewhere as saying wtte "he isn't seen at his best". I wouldn't like it to be my last sighting of a loved one, would you?
I find it hard to believe she has only just viewed it 7 months down the line. If that is the case, then why has it been so long for N to have access to it? This is a strange case IMO. What about the other cctv? Has she seen that too? E.g. the Mama Mia footage and the footage from Flex to MM also?
Eta. It must be close to the baby being born - late spring early summer wasn't it IIRC?

I would guess the police were being kind to let them view it for sentimental reasons, if he is just snoozing it isn't very relevant to the case. Families do not have any automatic right to view cctv footage.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I would guess the police were being kind to let them view it for sentimental reasons, if he is just snoozing it isn't very relevant to the case. Families do not have any automatic right to view cctv footage.

Not sure about that. It probably comes under data so could legitimately be requested under FOIA laws anyway unless LE were keeping it back until they know there has been no foul play.

The Freedom of Information Act only applies if you are requesting cctv footage of yourself, not anyone else. I wouldn't be able to obtain cctv footage of you with it for example as that would be an invasion of privacy.

The Freedom of Information Act only applies if you are requesting cctv footage of yourself, not anyone else. I wouldn't be able to obtain cctv footage of you with it for example as that would be an invasion of privacy.

Well as C is not around to request it himself, I would think his NOK would be entitled to request it. We had an incident where a neighbour had taped an incident on our land and passed it to a councillor and we were able to request it even though we weren't the subjects in the tape. If it is held by a public authority and you have a connection (e.g. it is your land, your son, your car etc ) you can request it. Whether you get it or not is another matter. In my example, we never got the tape, because no body admitted to having it in the end, but the issue was resolved as it was an alleged tape of noise being complained about.

The signs all point to the LF now but the denying of AWOL was from day 1 IMO and during the time the family was working on the theory that C had left the HS in a vehicle so I don't think it comes from being realistic about the outcome.

As far I have read N has never said anything along the lines of "we'd really love to think that C was safe somewhere after having gone AWOL but ....", any reference to it has been squashed

JMO

I actually thought she had said that it would be lovely if he were AWOL. Also, she spoke about how she was hopeful that he was alive but that the uncle was realistic, and he said suchlike too.

I assume they said AWOL was definitely not an option because they didn't want a frenzy of sightings to waste police's time.

<modsnip>

A truck has more parts than the bit the rubbish goes into.

Perhaps a check of mobile phone records at the recycling plant that was closed - who was there, who wasn't there, etc, might yield some clues?

<modsnip>

Perhaps a check of mobile phone records at the recycling plant that was closed - who was there, who wasn't there, etc, might yield some clues?

I'll start. I definitely wasn't there. :giggle:

You make a good point, did we ever ascertain whether the actual bin was weighed (and at what point) or whether the whole lorry passed over a weigh bridge? I am really surprised they haven't found him in landfill so far. But then, right at the start I reckoned he could have caught a lift in the bin cab.

Honestly, I can't believe we're still here.

did we ever ascertain whether the actual bin was weighed (and at what point) or whether the whole lorry passed over a weigh bridge?.

The bin was weighed as it was lifted up to the lorry, and then weighed again as it was lowered empty. That is how the weights of individual binloads are obtained, and those are the records that were rechecked.

The bin was weighed as it was lifted up to the lorry, and then weighed again as it was lowered empty. That is how the weights of individual binloads are obtained, and those are the records that were rechecked.

Thanks, Cherwell, I thought as much. It certainly points to Corrie (or someone/something heavy) being in the bin, though with the amount of confusion and misinformation nothing would surprise me with this case.

Thanks, Cherwell, I thought as much. It certainly points to Corrie (or someone/something heavy) being in the bin, though with the amount of confusion and misinformation nothing would surprise me with this case.

I still have doubts too CMC. I think if he was in the landfill there would have been some sign of him by now. We are talking about the remains of a fully grown male, not an infant (which would be harder to find).
I also doubt AWOL as there seem to have been no signs of life since his disappearance (bank access, phone usage etc)
Maybe concentrate on nearby water courses, swampy areas etc?
I do understand what LE think and what his parents have to come to terms with, but I still lean in favour of a more simple accident even though I know I am in a minority here.

I still have doubts too CMC. I think if he was in the landfill there would have been some sign of him by now. We are talking about the remains of a fully grown male, not an infant (which would be harder to find).
I also doubt AWOL as there seem to have been no signs of life since his disappearance (bank access, phone usage etc)
Maybe concentrate on nearby water courses, swampy areas etc?
I do understand what LE think and what his parents have to come to terms with, but I still lean in favour of a more simple accident even though I know I am in a minority here.

Personally i think unless they find the location of the Greggs packaging they wont find Corrie in the cell of the LF they are searching. Which would open another can of worms if the Greggs packaging isn't there where it is thought it should be. Then where did it actually go?

I have heard people asking whether it is possible he went to landfill but could have been removed since? I really don't know anything about the set-up/procedures at these sites to know if there could be any truth in this.

Personally i think unless they find the location of the Greggs packaging they wont find Corrie in the cell of the LF they are searching. Which would open another can of worms if the Greggs packaging isn't there where it is thought it should be. Then where did it actually go?

Picked up later by a completely different bin lorry?

:runaway:

Incinerator? Or to be baled into cardboard for export? I do not think he will be in LF and have always thought intentionally missing for his own reasons. But I'm not calling it AWOL anymore however.

The radio interview was interesting, particularly as Nicola said it was initially thought that the Greggs bin was recyclables only, but it turned out it wasn't and was 'mixed household' rubbish. That being the case, could it not have held some heavy stuff that could account for the extra weight? She also says that the phone was the only evidence they had, which, like Shiressleuth says, I wonder about those phone pings. Then again, with heavier stuff in the Greggs bin, the phone maybe there, but not C.

If C was going to disappear voluntarily, he wouldn't keep the phone and could have gone into the HS to put the phone in a bin. There's still several vehicles to be accounted for and if they are so certain that he is in LF, perhaps because they have intelligence to say he is, why have they not yet been discounted?

<modsnip>

Nobody was there we were told. No staff on a Saturday so lorry went straight to LF apparently, which is why LE have been searching it for 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike