UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
was the reward withdrawn before the landfill search started any one know the dates exactly before I go looking , 1. Date reward was withdrawn , 2 date landfill preparation work started , not the search but the pre search work removing the top soil etc,
The MSM info is still all there. I looked at bbc.com which announces on 13 Feb that the reward will be withdrawn at the end of that week. The LF search was announced on the 10th so there was a little overlap in the hope that someone would claim the reward by calling and giving a precise location in the LF . That didn't hapoen, which was another reason I do not believe he is in there through foul play. ( or indeed is there at all). They have had plenty of time to move the body if foul play were the case. MOO.

The MSM info is still all there. I looked at bbc.com which announces on 13 Feb that the reward will be withdrawn at the end of that week. The LF search was announced on the 10th so there was a little overlap in the hope that someone would claim the reward by calling and giving a precise location in the LF . That didn't hapoen, which was another reason I do not believe he is in there through foul play. ( or indeed is there at all). They have had plenty of time to move the body if foul play were the case. MOO.

I totally agree. But I'm sure Corrie will get justice one way or the other by karma, at least I do hope so...

It is worth taking a look at the media thread link on page 1 as a way of reviewing the case. It is only 5 pages so is a lot easier than reading 66 threads. I was particularly looking for the delivery driver sighting which is on page 4 dated 27 May for anyone who is interested.

Just a :bump: for Corrie, as all very quiet now and it is almost one year.

I am assuming that proposed concert didn't go ahead? Heard nothing further on it.

Don't forget the McKeague's reward has been available the whole time, with no results.
Yes indeed that's true. But not so much publicity on that one. So does this indicate nobody knows anything to be able to claim either reward? Or are they frightened to come forward?

Rewards don't tend to solve cases in the UK so it's not surprising nothing has come of the rewards. They're very good for publicity and in a lot of cases they're pretty much the only thing the family can do to make themselves feel like they're doing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes indeed that's true. But not so much publicity on that one. So does this indicate nobody knows anything to be able to claim either reward? Or are they frightened to come forward?

Or maybe they're keeping quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am assuming that proposed concert didn't go ahead? Heard nothing further on it.
I had forgotten all about the concert , when was it ment to have been? Not heard any more about it!

Could be a bit of both, though the latter maybe not because of repercussions from others, but because of the publicity? It's not a criminal investigation. Even M has said as much, though that's a u-turn from his PTCOJ statements.

Martin: "There is no evidence to suggest that Corrie is anywhere else but in that landfill site. And there is no evidence whatsoever of any criminality throughout this investigation. Any suggestion of criminality is a lie. The police have confirmed this. We’ve never doubted the reason that they’re searching in this place, and never at any point during that time have we speculated that Corrie is anywhere else but here."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.camb...-mckeague-missing-cambridgeshire-raf-13363621

SP: "We reiterate that although it is not a criminal investigation, our work to locate Corrie remains on-going."

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/police-a...ng-missing-corrie-mckeague-s-family-1-5120354

By publicity, I mean I was thinking of Haydn Stephens and the attempts to name the driver of the bin lorry...

By publicity, I mean I was thinking of Haydn Stephens and the attempts to name the driver of the bin lorry...

I understand what you are saying but ..... if anyone did come forward with relevant and useful information in the hope of claiming one or both rewards I very much doubt it would be made public. IMO it's doubtful after all this time, but who knows ?

I understand what you are saying but ..... if anyone did come forward with relevant and useful information in the hope of claiming one or both rewards I very much doubt it would be made public. IMO it's doubtful after all this time, but who knows ?

I was thinking of the press digging into things; can't leave well alone, sometimes. You see these articles where they say "do you know who this was? Email joebloggs@dailynews" Even if they didn't name names, saying someone had claimed a reward could make things uncomfortable in various scenarios; it could be information they have passed on in all innocence, something overheard, but if there was 3rd party involvement people could became suspicious they had been grassed up; there was some kind of mob mentality thinking someone was directly involved in C's disappearance, or someone just seen splashing the cash a bit and gets the lottery begging letter-type reaction. All that said, I agree with you that it's doubtful.

I was thinking of the press digging into things; can't leave well alone, sometimes. You see these articles where they say "do you know who this was? Email joebloggs@dailynews" Even if they didn't name names, saying someone had claimed a reward could make things uncomfortable in various scenarios; it could be information they have passed on in all innocence, something overheard, but if there was 3rd party involvement people could became suspicious they had been grassed up; there was some kind of mob mentality thinking someone was directly involved in C's disappearance, or someone just seen splashing the cash a bit and gets the lottery begging letter-type reaction. All that said, I agree with you that it's doubtful.

Oh I quite agree. The redtop papers with their "were you involved.. got a story for us" encouragements would hope to get some info for payment. .
I believe though that if anyone came forward with useful info it would be kept discreet by SP. - at least I certainly hope so.
I expect this to become another missing young lad after a night out scenario.
I still believe C attempted to make his way back to base and met with unfortunate circumstances somehow.
IMOO he is not in the Landfill, but his remains are elsewhere waiting to be discovered. But all OIMO of course :(

Just to add the most recent MSM article -
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-s-family-will-follow-his-footsteps-one-year-on-1-8138357

Oh I quite agree. The redtop papers with their "were you involved.. got a story for us" encouragements would hope to get some info for payment. .
I believe though that if anyone came forward with useful info it would be kept discreet by SP. - at least I certainly hope so.
I expect this to become another missing young lad after a night out scenario.
I still believe C attempted to make his way back to base and met with unfortunate circumstances somehow.
IMOO he is not in the Landfill, but his remains are elsewhere waiting to be discovered. But all OIMO of course :(

Just to add the most recent MSM article -
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/corrie-s-family-will-follow-his-footsteps-one-year-on-1-8138357

Mmm, I can understand them wanting to do something for the anniversary, but trying to jog memories by walking around town on the Sunday (as I read it)? Going to be a totally different crowd of people out in town to a Friday.

Mmm, I can understand them wanting to do something for the anniversary, but trying to jog memories by walking around town on the Sunday (as I read it)? Going to be a totally different crowd of people out in town to a Friday.
IMO they missed the boat on that opatunaty , any reconstruction of his night out should have been done late last year when it was stil fresh in people's minds,

IMO they missed the boat on that opatunaty , any reconstruction of his night out should have been done late last year when it was stil fresh in people's minds,

I see this as just a way of keeping Corrie's name in the news, nothing more. There was a lot of publicity for C until recently when SP stopped the landfill search so the anniversary can provide a reminder and put his name back in the news IMO.
Must be unbelievably difficult for parents to cope with the complete disappearance of a child (of any age) as time passes and sadly the public does forget and move on.
NOT on WS though, we keep the search for missing on our threads forever hoping. :smile:
:crossfingers:

What do we know about the police review? What's the normal goings on? Would they be re interviewing all the people that he was in contact that night , or are they just more going over paper work and old statements made at the time, and. Would they look at what ever work MIS did and be taken in to account ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500