UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was such a mistake the giving out of NU and family members' numbers instead of encouraging people to call SP and leave messages.

I doubt if it was with the agreement of the police.

From what I have read offering a reward for info encourages many false calls and is not encouraged by the police in such circumstances.

These private people taking messages are not trained to eke out the crank calls so I do have many misgivings attached to the information received this way and considered positive.

I'm rambling I expect but we've all heard of lottery winners getting begging letters - and a number of cruel people claimed to have lost family members in the Tower Block fire in London just to obtain compensation (happened with 9/11 also I believe).

The point I am attempting to make is that the info NU feels she obtained this way is IMOO dubious and needs to be treated as such. Someone has definite/important info they should be willing to inform SP and they can do it anonymously.

I go back to the early days and the public insistence that the Landfill was searched - but this was preeminently to find C's phone not in the anticipation that his body would be there.

Nicola, Martin and the wider family have my utmost condolences at the loss of their son, I am unable to comprehend their grief. I sincerely hope there is some outcome to put their minds at rest, even if this is not the result they desire. All OIMOO, but felt I had to say it having been here since the start and feeling we are no further forward after more than a year.

You're right about the rewards, Jessie. SP didn't tell N about CD's initial offer of a reward because they didn't have the resources to deal with the number of calls they believed the money would generate. The McKeagues then offered a reward on tv, which prompted N's complaint of 'betrayal' by the police.

However, the petition was to continue the search for C's body in the landfill, after N's claim of a phone tip where someone said they knew who had killed C and that's where he had been disposed of:

*https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirr...ws/corrie-mckeagues-mum-slams-police-10851041

Police say they found a lot of items in the LF (mobile phones also a lot of) but not CMs mobile. So what's that say then? His phone was last tracked to where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I am trying to say is, if they truly believe his phone was in the bin and went in the lorry on the same route, surely they would have found it in the LF? seeing as they say they have searched the right areas now in the LF and CM definitely is not in it. So why have they not found the phone? If its the right area that's been extensively searched!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were true that someone knew C had been killed, knew who did it and that it had been disposed of in landfill, I doubt if they would conveniently put the body in cell 22. Also, did they say it was the one at Milton and if so, how did they get in there with a body at that time of night/day? If his phone was with him, how come the last signal from it was on the Red Lodge or BM roundabout mast (afaik, they haven't actually said which mast around BM) where it had apparently stayed for 3 hours or so, and not from elsewhere, i.e. Milton.

In writing the above, the only possibility that comes to mind, is that it wasn't an ordinary member of the public and I shall say no more.

after going back and reading some of the old threads it appears that we know even less facts now then we did 12 months ago, we thought we had the phone timings matching the bin lorry to within a few mins , inposible to exit the HS as the CCTV would have seen him, he was happy and single!
what do we know now that we can call fact? Nothing apart that he is still missing,

From memory I think CCTV was only checked up to 4pm (or was it 6pm) on the Saturday, so yes, it's entirely possible Corrie left in a vehicle later on in the weekend. Which is why I feel uneasy about the "people stayed at Focus12 unofficially" thing. Who's to say he didn't stop for a wee, leave his phone on the bin (soon taken by bin driver accidentally or on purpose) and got tempted into F12 .What if he died there and his body was later disposed of by car outside of the times checked?

IIRC, SP said they forensically checked F12 thoroughly? To my mind that would be luminol and cadaver dogs level. If not then it wasn't forensic or thorough. If he died in there then something should have been found.

What if he tried to nick a bike to get home on (police mentioned a bike on their missing poster), someone came out of F12 and there was a scuffle? What if he was taken upstairs and dealt with, and left later?

That missing poster I seem to recall was made by a well meaning FB contributor and wasn't Police official? Either way I do doubt he tried to grab a bike to get back to base in the state he is described to be in (confused, drunk and/or worse).

But then the bin was the weight of a man which makes me think what if the lorry reached Red Lodge and his body was found and, due to the wrong lorry driver (remember the question mark over that?) it was decided a cover up was in order?

It is my "simple" theory that he was at some point found in the bin lorry or when emptied/loaded at Red Lodge or Milton. This does assume he was accidentally and unwittingly tipped into the back of the bin lorry but no forensic evidence in the back doesn't back it up. The weight stuff is also really odd and needs a lot more disclosure to make proper sense of but doubt we'll get it. Originally it was said it was a cardboard recycling bin with a weight of 15kg later reduced to 11kg and backed up by (according to N) historic data. Now I believe it is said it was in fact a general waste bin and the weight of contents was 115kg or some such figure. Problem is there is no context given for this weight. If we could see/know the historic weight of this bin over previous weeks it should stand out has being +/- 85kg overweight....

But then what if he was in the bin and got out en route, bruised and battered, and tried to stumble his way home? What if either of the sightings were him? He could be anywhere; field, forest, river, pond, slurry pit.

I might be wrong but I seriously doubt anyone could get out of a bin lorry if you find yourself the 'wrong' side of the crushing blade.

So many what ifs and honestly, I can't believe this hasn't been figured out yet, why is there no proof of anything?!

Indeed, CMC. It is really depressing how poor SP have come across all round in this case fairly or unfairly. I thought it was/is a blip but the two high profile rape cases that collapsed this week shows that even SY are doing awful things right now. Not a good time to be a Police Officer:(

If it were true that someone knew C had been killed, knew who did it and that it had been disposed of in landfill, I doubt if they would conveniently put the body in cell 22. Also, did they say it was the one at Milton and if so, how did they get in there with a body at that time of night/day? If his phone was with him, how come the last signal from it was on the Red Lodge or BM roundabout mast (afaik, they haven't actually said which mast around BM) where it had apparently stayed for 3 hours or so, and not from elsewhere, i.e. Milton.

In writing the above, the only possibility that comes to mind, is that it wasn't an ordinary member of the public and I shall say no more.

As in a hit?

That wasn't what I was thinking, but I suppose anything is possible. I was thinking how could an ordinary person get such access?

So Dave down the pub knows Steve who works at the tip who says John turned up with a 'roll of carpet' one night and asked if he could dump it there?

Where did Nicola say she'd been told C was murdered and dumped? Not that I'm disbelieving it but did it make MSM?

I wonder where all the rubbish goes from the RAF/USAF bases? Would it be classed as confidential and disposed of using military vehicles or just picked up by Biffa or the council like civilian waste?

https://twitter.com/bbctimeline/status/941393155299135488?s=17

I hope this link works, it’s to a video on bbc timeline where Nicola talks abit more about the tipsters information and why it hasn’t been acted on.
There was a very interesting revelation at about 5.12 mins in where N says that the phone went 'part way of the journey of the bin lorry".

ETA: or did she mean part way of the drivers entire journey including all the places he went that night? It sounded to me that it was only part of the journey to BM.

Very interesting. So she's not yet convinced the rooftops have been properly searched either.

How very odd. If true how could that be allowed? Surely the HS must have been thoroughly searched, possibly more than once?

How very odd. If true how could that be allowed? Surely the HS must have been thoroughly searched, possibly more than once?
Could that be on the Short Brackland side where she said a while ago on the walk around video that they hadn't carried out a search above the backs of the properties after the loading bay there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharlee