UK - James Bulger, 2, abducted & murdered, Merseyside, 12 Feb 1993

I wonder if moving him to another jurisdiction will increase his chance of remaining in jail if he re-offends. It seems he keeps skating his way back out into society :(
Somehow can you imagine any country saying to another "we don't want to pay for him so here he is as a gift for you."...I think he is safer in jail for everyone including himself and then again probably not.

By closely watched community I meant away from the public. Please reread what I said. I pointed out the background and said the public still had to be protected.
Yeah - I see my post does come across as rather harshly abrupt :confused: & in response directly to your post. It really wasn't, but I do apologise.
large.jpg

Somehow can you imagine any country saying to another "we don't want to pay for him so here he is as a gift for you."...I think he is safer in jail for everyone including himself and then again probably not.
Hopefully not ;)

'I punched his evil little face': Prisoner attacked James Bulger's killer Jon Venables after beast bragged of crime

Former inmate James Heap reveals how he wanted "to kill" sick Venables as he laughed while explaining how easy it was for him to kill Bulger

James Heap says Venables bragged that killing the two-year-old was “easy... just like going to the shop”.

Ex-lag James said: “The look on Venables’ face as he laughed about the murder will stay with me forever.

Prisoner attacked James Bulger killer Jon Venables after beast bragged of crime

Jacinda Ardern has told James Bulger killer Jon Venables “don’t bother applying” for a move to New Zealand.

The New Zealand prime minister’s strongly-worded message came amid rumours British officials could relocate the convicted murderer to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Ms Ardern said: “I’ve seen reporting; I’m advised that Immigration New Zealand have not received anything official.

“Of course because of his existing convictions he would need an exemption [under the immigration act].

“My advice would be: don’t bother applying.”

Jacinda Ardern tells James Bulger killer Jon Venables ‘don’t bother applying’ for New Zealand move

Where is Venables now? In prison?
Yes!
CHILD KILLER Where is Jon Venables now and did James Bulger’s killer get a new identity after the murder of the two-year-old?
*4th March 2019*
The 36-year-old has been allowed to keep his anonymity to protect him from 'serious violence'

In February 2018 the twisted paedophile, now aged 35, pleaded guilty to having more than 1,000 indecent images of children and was jailed for 40 months...

But he found himself back in a maximum category A jail, which we cannot identify for legal reasons, after being caught with vile child abuse images following a top-secret police operation.
He could now be kept in prison for the rest of his life if the board decides he poses too much of a risk to ever be freed again.

James Bulger’s killer Jon Venables - where is he now and who are his parents?

Jon Venables 'LEAVING Britain': Bulger killer 'to be sent abroad' after costing UK fortune
"CHILD murderer Jon Venables is being assessed for a permanent move abroad the Daily Star Sunday can reveal. Officials are fed up with funding legal battles to keep James Bulger’s killer’s identity secret.

They now plan to move Venables to the other side of the world to start a new life – and the taxpayer will foot the bill. Canada is the most likely destination but Australia and New Zealand are also options.

A source said: “Venables is costing a fortune." He has had a number of different IDs after being outed by members of the public, plus he has been in and out of prison on child *advertiser censored* charges, and has had legal fights to keep his identity secret. The source added: “The thinking is that it would be cheaper to get rid of him abroad, than keep forking out.” "
Jon Venables 'LEAVING Britain': Bulger killer 'to be sent abroad' after costing UK fortune
The Star doesn't half print some rubbish. Venables is a lifer who can only ever be let out of prison on license, he cannot possibly be sent to another country because he has to be kept under the supervision of the probation service.

"CHILD murderer Jon Venables is being assessed for a permanent move abroad the Daily Star Sunday can reveal. Officials are fed up with funding legal battles to keep James Bulger’s killer’s identity secret.

They now plan to move Venables to the other side of the world to start a new life – and the taxpayer will foot the bill. Canada is the most likely destination but Australia and New Zealand are also options.

A source said: “Venables is costing a fortune." He has had a number of different IDs after being outed by members of the public, plus he has been in and out of prison on child *advertiser censored* charges, and has had legal fights to keep his identity secret. The source added: “The thinking is that it would be cheaper to get rid of him abroad, than keep forking out.” "

Please don't tell me Australia is to cop another convict from the motherland.:mad:

Not to be bold, but I wonder why this thread is made. I will always remember the CCT-TV footage where the boys lure James from the mall, witnesses said he was crying and they lied saying him being their little brother. The perpetrators (have you ever seen evil in a child....look at these boys and how they behave when caught, at least one is a psychopath) were sentenced, released and living free under another name now. One of them will never get "better", captured with child *advertiser censored* later in his life. They did horrible things to James...yes it's an horrendous case and I feel very very sorry for the little one and his parents, but why.....

He should never leave the prison.
He’s the worst type. Leave him there.
I'm not so sure he will.

Judge Edis made it very clear in his report that he was imposing the absolute maximum sentence he could for the specific offenses he was charged with ONLY, he also repeatedly points out his 'opinion' that he's not happy about it & he feels he should not be released once it's served, that he IS still a danger to the public, no remorse etc. so it's all clearly indicated 'on record' to the Parole board at that time. :confused:
;) In my opinion

R v JON VENABLES
SENTENCING REMARKS- MR JUSTICE EDIS
7TH FEBRUARY 2018
The relevant guideline suggests a sentence ...
The sentence I am about to impose will be much longer than that, but must remain proportionate to the offences with which I am dealing.
The commission of criminal offences while on licence is a breach of the licence and you have now been convicted on
two occasions since your first release. This is the second of those convictions...

What I have to decide is what punishment is appropriate for these offences. In that respect I am required to follow a guideline unless it would be contrary to the interests of justice to do so...

Your difficulties in living in the community are obvious, but you do not have the mitigation that you only offended on one day.

Your offending went back some months and required ingenuity to keep it hidden.

The offending is so serious that only an immediate custodial sentence will suffice

That dreadful fact does not appear to trouble your conscience at all.
As a consumer of the products of this barbarous evil, you, along with many others, indirectly cause it to happen.

The immediate effect of the licence today is that you will not get credit for the time spent in custody awaiting today, and,

more importantly, that there is no guarantee that you will be released when you have served the sentence I shall pass shortly.

*The Parole Board is the body which has responsibility for deciding when you will actually be released in this case*

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-jon-venables.pdf

...(have you ever seen evil in a child....look at these boys and how they behave when caught, at least one is a psychopath) were sentenced, released and living free under another name now. One of them will never get "better", captured with child *advertiser censored* later in his life. They did horrible things to James...yes it's an horrendous case and I feel very very sorry for the little one and his parents, but why.....
But they're NOT living free.

This is a misunderstanding due no doubt to the terrible way the media reports on it.

They both have been convicted for LIFE, they were released from prison under LICENCE - FOR LIFE

They were never going to be kept locked-up in a cell for the rest of their lives.

It's VERY rare anyone is ever sentenced to actually remain in prision for the rest of their life.
Whole Life Order
The whole life order is a court order whereby a prisoner who is being sentenced to life imprisonment is ordered to serve that sentence without any possibility of parole or conditional release.
  • This order may be made in cases of aggravated murders committed by anyone who was aged 21 or above at the time of the crime.
  • The purpose of a whole life order is for a prisoner to be kept in prison until he or she dies with almost no chance of eventual release.
:cool:ex: Myra Hindley & Ian Brady
  • Those aged under 18 are sentenced to detention during Her Majesty's pleasure for murder
That is also the reason for keeping the identity of both of them from the public, for their safety, as basically they're still (and will always be) the responsibility of Courts/Prison Services <? I'm not sure exactly>

Life imprisonment in England and Wales
Life imprisonment in England and Wales - Wikipedia

List of prisoners with whole-life orders
List of prisoners with whole-life orders - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members