GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think vt is involved jmo is someone closer to Joanna i think the police are Wrong

Tabak was on the other side of her bedroom wall, and was in the best position to make her disappear without being seen by anyone ... can't get much closer than that. Anyone carrying out a large bag, and a pizza, would have stood out.

With all due respect Saggy, we dont know what the LE have got on him ?? Well if its not him & he goes to trial & is found not guilty, i am sure this thread will be on fire again & we'll all be back for that.

Have you had a wager with someone on who the perp will be ??

No I was just saying if you readback what was my intuition

Tabak was on the other side of her bedroom wall, and was in the best position to make her disappear without being seen by anyone ... can't get much closer than that. Anyone carrying out a large bag, and a pizza, would have stood out.
Was on the other side of her bedroom wall <mod snip>

Well, like it or not, that's where he was -- on the other side of her bedroom wall

Thin walls too, if previous tenants of VT's flat are any judge. And they did actually live there, while I assume you have not ?

Well, like it or not, that's where he was -- on the other side of her bedroom wall

Thin walls too, if previous tenants of VT's flat are any judge. And they did actually live there, while I assume you have not ?

No proof walls were thin whatsoever, <mod snip>

<mod snip> it's true, honestly! His bedroom in one flat and her bedroom in the other share the same partition wall.

There was a plan of the two flats in a post on one of the other threads - and partition walls are usually much thinner than external walls, especially considering when the renovations were done (1970s - could be plasterboard or breezeblock construction, not good for soundproofing).

Just my opinion of course - are there any builders or contractors on here?

No proof walls were thin whatsoever, <mod snip>

Well, although my intuition has saved my own and other's lives on occasion

I'm still humble to the degree I tend to believe when previous tenants of a property, with no ulterior motive discernible, assert the walls to be thin to the extent tenants can hear adjacent tenants living their lives

What do you mean? They shared a bedroom wall, their flat entrances were 20-30 feet from each other. They were both working for architectural firms, and their firms had worked on projects together. How much closer can the neighbour be? If you mean closer in terms of relationship to Joanna, the boyfriend has been ruled out. Who else in her circle could be involved?

No proof walls were thin whatsoever, i do hope you dont believe all you read, that is very bad sleuthing

Standard interior walls are 6" thick. Since this building was old, and the floorplans indicate different thicknesses at different parts of the building, the walls can be estimated to be between 6-12 inches thick depending on the location in the floorplan. The bricked up door between the two bedrooms can be estimated to be approximately 6 inches thick. Reports from previous tennants have been that it was fairly easy to hear what was going on in the adjacent flat.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about whether or not VT travelled to Holland after the 17th. So nothing there to really say he did go then.

My goodness, I'm having a hard time getting my head around how someone, if having committed something so terrible, would not want to simply 'run away', think, then run much further, maybe to a place from which extradition would be unlikely. The very thought of returning to anywhere near where the terrible thing happened would be anathema, imo.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about whether or not VT travelled to Holland after the 17th. So nothing there to really say he did go then.

My goodness, I'm having a hard time getting my head around how someone, if having committed something so terrible, would not want to simply 'run away', think, then run much further, maybe to a place from which extradition would be unlikely. The very thought of returning to anywhere near where the terrible thing happened would be anathema, imo.

But maybe running away was the obvious thing to do. Maybe he thought he was smarter than the police and thought he'd got away with it. So returning from Holland(if he ever went there) was showing he had nothing to hide. If he had gone on the run he would know people would become suspicious and the police would eventually catch up with him. I'm sure he considered it, but he thought he outsmarted them. JMO

I hoped he'd have a decent side which would override self-interest and prompt him to voluntarily go to the police to confess

Guess not. He must think his life is so important - much more important than Joanna Yeates'

This non-red top newspaper reported that the door between the two bedrrom had been blocked up, and that this came from official floor plans of the property, which were lodged with the local council at the time of the renovations in the 1970s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-door-arrested-over-Joanna-Yeates-murder.html

There were lengthy discussions and models based on floor plans and photographs on earlier threads in this series, I hope you find them interesting. Many thanks again to Otto for the great models and plans.

I'd just like to say that I respect everyone's opinion here. I've been on some awful fora where people said the most outrageous hurtful things. Let's not - please :)
I think we're right to be cautious - we really don't know if the LE have been smart or the opposite in this case. Sounds like the guy was caught through a tip off rather than anything else, so let's reserve our judgements until we see what they have on him. I'm willing to eat humble pie certainly, but let's not be horrible to each other here :)

jmho

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/224746/Jo-Yeates-Day-I-met-Vincent-Tabak/

DAY I MET VINCENT TABAK

Dressed in tight-fitting cycling shorts, a yellow fluorescent jacket and a grey cycling helmet, the 32-year-old architect was keen to stop and talk last weekend and told how everyone in the area was very sad about Joanna’s death.

He said since she disappeared he had only been back to the flat at weekends. He had been cycling in the Clifton area, before briefly popping into his flat in Canynge Road, which joined on to Joanna’s basement apartment.

“I only come back here at weekends for now with all the upset,” he explained. “I wasn’t here on the night she went missing, I was away and I don’t know anyone who saw or heard anything.

“It’s very upsetting that something like this has happened. This is a nice, safe, friendly area.

Has it been discussed where TM was on the 17th Dec.?

ps: WS's has it's own Forensic Astro forum. A chart was done for JY's return home on the 17th Dec. & another for VT. Just so you know if anyone is interested.

I forgot about the article in tomorrows News Of The World where it states the police have a DNA match! I wonder if that really is the case and it is VTs DNA that was found on Joannas body.

He's a very bright young man, and he probably has known throughout his life that he was a little brighter than most. With that knowledge, he could have believed that he had a good chance of getting away with this. Also, running would have been a sure sign that something was off. He did remove himself from the scene of the crime ... to a friends flat, but quitting his job would have been a pretty big indication that something was up. I wonder if he returned to work on Jan 5 as expected.

The Observer has a fine comment on the case by Nick Cohen:

Don't believe the myth of 'broken Britain'

Only a safe and placid country, where people fear violence but rarely experience it, could find Joanna Yeates's death shocking

First paragraph:
The paranoid strain in British politics runs deep and wide. A large proportion of the population believes that we now live in an Orwellian "surveillance society", in which private and public databases record our lives while security cameras track our movements. So ingrained has the fear become that respectable academics and journalists repeat as fact the claim that the average Briton is caught on CCTV cameras "300 times a day", even though the "fact" was the invention of one Clive Norris, a sociologist from Sheffield University with a gift for fiction.

the rest at the link above - well-worth your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member