GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do we even know the pictures were taken in 2010? Streetview has 2010 on the shots of my house too, but they must have been taken before that because I can see a shed in the garden that we demolished in 2009
I wonder about the dates of some of the google street shots too...

Had a look at my place and there's a van sitting in my driveway which died about two years ago in early 2009 and has been off the road since... it's long gone to the wreckers...

I wonder about the dates of some of the google street shots too...

Had a look at my place and there's a van sitting in my driveway which died about two years ago in early 2009 and has been off the road since... it's long gone to the wreckers...

If all of Bristol was Street-Viewed by Google in one go(same year), then looking at the flora and foilage, I think it was done about late spring 2008, as Cabot Circus shopping complex, central Bristol - virtually complete - opened on 25th sept of that year - I remember that date as it was a birthday of a friend.

Quick question, and sorry if it's been covered before, but has anyone read any comment or even speculation about where TM was on the Friday night / the Saturday and Sunday until JY was reported missing?
I haven't seen anything about that and wonder too. There seems to be so much unsaid and I guess we won't find out anything much more until the trial... Ever since the CJ media fiasco it seems as if nothing much is said about anyone anymore. In a way 'players' and 'events' in this case seem to be shrouded in a mystery of sorts.

I keep getting this feeling every time I think about this case and try to figure out possibilities that I'm hitting my head against an unscalable brick wall..

Yes, it curious that there in now a fairly clear consensus where TM and VT were from 24 Dec (Cambridge then NL). However by comparison so little said about the crucial 17-23 Dec period.

On another note, does anyone have any knowledge from past cases about the potential degrading effect of snow and ice on DNA evidence? We know from other cases (eg Wright in Ipswich) that being left in running water washes DNA off a body. But what about snow? Does it have a similar absorbing effect? I imagine there is past experience on this from other murders in countries where extended periods of snow are the norm in winter.

There'll be a psychiatric report on him done somewhere down the line anyway, regardless of any bail app reasons.

Possibly. The court may well order a report, but the public may not be aware of that, neither will they neccessarily have any indication of its contents when produced. (At least not until the trial is underway.) On the other hand, if someone is arrested on a charge of murder and then released on bail, a psychiatric examination is subsequently required, and that becomes a matter of public knowledge. If the accused is then subsequently detained for their own safety everyone knows they're crazy (so to speak) and if they're not, everyone knows they're quite sane. The defence might not want to place themselves in either position.

It could also be a reason why bail hasn't yet been applied for too - they're waiting for the reports to be done, which can take time to do.

In UK homicide cases the requirement to submit to a psychiatric examination is a condition of bail, not a precondition for consideration of bail.

On another note, does anyone have any knowledge from past cases about the potential degrading effect of snow and ice on DNA evidence? We know from other cases (eg Wright in Ipswich) that being left in running water washes DNA off a body. But what about snow? Does it have a similar absorbing effect? I imagine there is past experience on this from other murders in countries where extended periods of snow are the norm in winter.

Off the top of my head; whilst running water can wash bodily fluids off a body, I'd have thought that extreme cold would freeze said bodily fluids and preserve them until such time as the body thawed at the very least.

It is generally heat, humidity and sunlight that cause DNA to degrade, which is why samples tend to get stored in cold, dark and dry places.

Watched Jo's boss on Points West...BBC...and The West this Week...ITV
He told how sad everyone was at the workplace...have all decided to erect a permanent memorial to her within the very small garden at the offices.
Plus, a sponsored cycle ride; plus an annual grant awarded in her name at the University of Gloucestershire...from where she graduated last Sept.
Talked about Greg...what a nice boy he was...and how noone could envisage how he is feeling.
Said how difficult everyone had found going back to work after Xmas and how popular Jo was...warm, easy to talk to, caring, willing to put in extra work when needed etc.

It was obviously a big ordeal for the boss...

You would hope so Trio but I've a feeling they'll be out in force with their lenses trained on Greg in particular & a new wave of body language dissection will start....

MURDER suspect Vincent Tabak’s family want to send Joanna Yeates’ parents a sympathy letter, we can reveal.

But the family, who believe Tabak is innocent, will not send it until after landscape architect Joanna’s funeral this Friday.

Paul Vermeij, the family’s spokesman, told the Daily Star Sunday: “They would like to give their sympathy.

“But they are the family of the man suspected of murder so it makes it very complicated.”
---

more here (Daily Star Sunday)

They probably do, but was there really any need for the spokesman to announce the fact to the press? It rather takes away from the spirit in which any gesture was origininally intended, and IMO turns it into nothing more than a PR stunt instead.

I sympathise with VT's family. Families of the accused are often the forgotten victims in all this but I think it's time, for the time being at least , that they shut up and put their spokesperson on a sabbatical until after the trial.

They probably do, but was there really any need for the spokesman to announce the fact to the press? It rather takes away from the spirit in which any gesture was origininally intended, and IMO turns it into nothing more than a PR stunt instead.

I sympathise with VT's family. Families of the accused are often the forgotten victims in all this but I think it's time, for the time being at least , that they shut up and put their spokesperson on a sabbatical until after the trial.

Totally agree, a nice gesture but no need to broadcast it. Just send it and if the family want to accept it they will. Not complicated at all unless a big deal is made of it.

You would hope so Trio but I've a feeling they'll be out in force with their lenses trained on Greg in particular & a new wave of body language dissection will start....

You could be spot on there Bos.

I do think that the Red Top's should leave well alone on Friday, to let the Family and friend's have this private Day, the Red Top's won't because this sad Case is big New's for them.
Quotes in the Red Top's a source or a source of a source, or so and so's next door neighbour's great Uncle's second Cousin quoted it, so it must be true ;).

I actually think that announcing it was the way to go. A condolence card sent cold, by the family of the man arrested for murder, could be more than unwelcome. It could be galling, especially since the family has publicly stated VT is not guilty. Under these circumstances condolences could be seen as more a way to distance VT from the crime for which he has been charged. On the other hand, a public announcement could give the Yeates family time to possibly see it differently, or perhaps to indicate it wouldn't be welcome.

Perhaps, too, after their public support for VT, his family felt the need to publicly express condolences and sympathy for the victim's family.

I quite expect the spokesman was responding to a question put to him, e.g. ‘does the family have any sympathy for the Yeates’ – don’t forget we are talking real gutter press with the Daily Star. I would be surprised if the spokesman just called up the newspaper to volunteer this little titbit.

I quite expect the spokesman was responding to a question put to him, e.g. ‘does the family have any sympathy for the Yeates’ – don’t forget we are talking real gutter press with the Daily Star. I would be surprised if the spokesman just called up the newspaper to volunteer this little titbit.

agree...the Star is the bottom of the red tops...apart from Daily/Sunday Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member