GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at this

ASPolice's Channel - YouTube

she looks undecided as to whether she is going in.... she is perhaps wondering what to have for her tea, perhaps Waitrose did something that she liked but they didn't have it in stock so she went for her second option which was the Tesco pizza

It was said at the time that she was looking for a specific pizza but Waitrose was out of stock.

They have a witness between Waitrose and Tesco who Jo spoke to so I guess this is confirmed

It was said at the time that she was looking for a specific pizza but Waitrose was out of stock.

They have a witness between Waitrose and Tesco who Jo spoke to so I guess this is confirmed

She talked with her close friend on the way home ... could that be the witness that said she didn't find the pizza she wanted on the way home so she went to two shops?

That clip is interesting: she seems to walk quite purposefully towards the shop door, but then does a quick swerve. Did she spot VT just ahead of her and maybe pause for a second until he had moved on? It's possible he had looked at her in a certain way in the past that made her feel uncomfortable, and she wanted to avoid him. Maybe he creeped her out in some way, but it was a gut feeling on her part - not something she would bother mentioning to anybody else, and probably not something she thought would turn really sinister.

If VT was in the video of Joanna at the supermarket, wouldn't that have been recognized by investigators and pointed out in the court ... so wouldn't it have been in the news?

If VT was in the video of Joanna at the supermarket, wouldn't that have been recognized by investigators and pointed out in the court ... so wouldn't it have been in the news?

Yes I raised that question earlier too. I'd find it bizarre if the public were given a new piece of information before it was cited in court.

If they suspect that it could be him in Waitrose but the sighting is not conclusive, I’m not sure if the prosecution could make any comment regarding their suspicions in the court.

Reading this, I'd guess she was against the door otherwise she'd fall. It doesn't state his other hand doesn't also cover her mouth, giving the muffled scream.

I see what you mean masekwm, with his two hands occupied, one over her mouth and the other holding her throat and no support at her back she would have fell back, unless it's later disclosed that he pushed her against the door or a wall or more likely at this point she was on the floor, when he strangled her.

I think Nausicaa's account earlier of what could have happened is very near the mark, if not spot on.

If they suspect that it could be him in Waitrose but the sighting is not conclusive, I’m not sure if the prosecution could make any comment regarding their suspicions in the court.

Probably true but if it is VT, wouldn't they have picked up other CCTV of him in the shop plus outside in the surrounding area before and afterwards, which would have been enough to determine if it's him and he followed her home?

Wonder if they have any more evidence of him on cctv following or watching her on the way home. Would they be able to zoom in and get a better image in Waitrose. Could it prove he was deliberately stalking.

I see what you mean masekwm, with his two hands occupied, one over her mouth and the other holding her throat and no support at her back she would have fell back, unless it's later disclosed that he pushed her against the door or a wall or more likely at this point she was on the floor, when he strangled her.

I think Nausicaa's account earlier of what could have happened is very near the mark, if not spot on.

That hat stand most likely got knocked over judging by the amount of jackets/coats found strewn on the floor and possibly the small cupboard too. Also, how did she sustain a nose fracture that bled?

Re Rebecca Scott's testimony today - she said that Jo wanted to come and visit her in Swansea that night. How could she have? Greg had taken her car to Sheffield, they shared it.

There's a direct train service from Bristol to Swansea.

one of the problems with this is that tweets and reports are not complete and it appears that some statements are removed or not reported

eg I definitely heared a report that a witness at the ram pub said she appeared bored and was sending texts

I cannot find any written version of this

and I have only just discovered a reference to the fact that one of the receivers of the 3 texts she sent when she left the pub thought it odd she was referring to a party in April 2009...that was not mentioned in any tweet or live coverage to my knowledge

are we being told the whole truth re the text / call records?

for a person who we are told didnt like texts or mobiles she seemed to use them quite a lot that night ...and is it not strange that she didnt text / call GR at all ? even to say hope you got off ok or hows the journey? but she was willing to talk to her friend in Swansea and even travel there to meet up on the worst night of weather of the year and actively seek out company from people that in some cases she hadnt seen for quite a long time?

theres also the 'points of law' that were discussed and the jury had to leave

were they anything to do with the cctv evidence from Waitrose?....

re cctv it appears there is a resemblance to VT with the man with the trolley and the body language of both of them is rather odd

If VT does not take the stand, no one will be able to ask him why his arm came to be on JY'S back.
I can't see how the prosecution will get round that one, unless there is something in his written statement referring to it. His only excuse surely would be he was making a pass on Jo.
It is looking less likely that his actions were merely a pass, more like a premeditated sexual assault. But how is the prosecution going to show this in court, if VT does not take the stand.

If VT does not take the stand, no one will be able to ask him why his arm came to be on JY'S back.
I can't see how the prosecution will get round that one, unless there is something in his written statement referring to it. His only excuse surely would be he was making a pass on Jo.
It is looking less likely that his actions were merely a pass, more like a premeditated sexual assault. But how is the prosecution going to show this in court, if VT does not take the stand.

i agree

the only way is

to show that they knew each other moe than we have been told to date

or he was not in control due to sustances or mental state

I have just read on the Sky thread that VT is going to take the stand. Sorry I can't give a link, laptop not working properly.

That hat stand most likely got knocked over judging by the amount of jackets/coats found strewn on the floor and possibly the small cupboard too. Also, how did she sustain a nose fracture that bled?

Agree. And when the coat rack was knocked down it could made the noise witness heard and described as somebody has moved the furniture.
But I wonder, how somebody can scream so loud so people can hear it in the other side of the street and even the noise of moving furniture? Unless she tried to open the door....or even she opened it and scremed and VT stopped her, covering her mouth with his hand and pulling her back to the apartment, pushing her with a vengeance at the coat rack...the metal hanger causing some injuries on JY face and head. Maybe the witnesses heard the door bang and the struggle.

From SWNS

#tabak trial: Jury to hear from DNA scientists and prison chaplain.

So he strangled her by putting pressure on her neck, but she had bleeding injuries and furniture was broken? He then moved the car to the back of the house, loaded her up using perhaps his bike travel bag, got a snack - with Joanna in the car, then on the 19th before GR came home, he did the google search on Longwood Lane? Was she in the car all that time? I suppose he was searching for the quarry and hoping he could toss her into a gravel pit, but was interrupted because of traffic.

Was there footage of VT on either bridge with a large case in his car?

Hi Otto - no, the suggestion is that he took the body to Longwood Lane on the Friday night, probably after he had been to Asda. The CCTV bridge seems to be just a rumour, as he would not have gone via the suspension bridge and in any event the body was in the boot and would not have been visible.

one of the problems with this is that tweets and reports are not complete and it appears that some statements are removed or not reported

Spot on. It's very difficult to get a clear picture of how things are going without a full transcript.

IMO, he is lying like the dog that he is. "I just held her neck for 20 seconds, wah, wah, wah." So, after he held her neck for 20 seconds, to quiet her down, what's his next move? Was he going to talk to her soothingly. "Now dear, it just had to be done, we don't want any screaming."

He had no next move. She would call the police and he would have gone to jail for assault. He saw this in a milli-second, thus she had to die.

Yes and don't forget the ever so "moderate"...ahem..."holding" of her neck. As if it was a decorous non-threatening activity like holding a hand and not a violent attack with determined brutal force by him and a desperate struggle by Joanna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221