GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case for the prosecution was due to conclude today but is now expected to be completed in the morning. Does anyone know for sure if there are any more witnesses?

So...there's been no mention of VT's fingerprints or DNA having been found...or so far.. in Jo's flat - is that right? So presumably they found neither. Did he really manage not to touch anything in that flat, or leave any trace that he was there? Or did he pretty efficiently manage to erase any traces before he left the flat with Jo's body?

No mention either of anything of interest found in VT's flat (or, other than the laptop getting a mention, in the other flat he was arrested from) either, so presumably they've drawn a blank there too.

There's been no mention of that supposedly significant item handed in by a member of the public in January either, so I guess that wasn't significant at all after all.

I cant help wondering why that video and all the website content was removed? surley from CCTV they know if it is VT or not as they would have got a close up when he entered waitrose and left? if it is him it looks very much like he saw her, then quickly departed so he could be at the flat before her, then waiting round the side of the flat, as soon as she opened the door attacked her, hence the immediate scream, i dont buy the arm around her stuff or the her letting him in. if that video is him then i think it was premeditated.

the problem with this is how does he know she going to the flat when she appears not to have decided herself by the content of her calls and texts

or is he privy to some info that allows him to know when she will return

So...there's been no mention of VT's fingerprints or DNA having been found...or so far.. in Jo's flat - is that right? So presumably they found neither. Did he really manage not to touch anything in that flat, or leave any trace that he was there? Or did he pretty efficiently manage to erase any traces before he left the flat with Jo's body?

No there hasn't been any mention so far AFAIK

It's not necessarily the case that they didn't find VT's fingerprints or DNA in her flat.

I find it hard to believe he left no trace whatsoever however, nobody seems to be disputing the fact that he was in her flat so maybe they don't need to show fingerprints and DNA to prove he was there.

I cant help wondering why that video and all the website content was removed? surley from CCTV they know if it is VT or not as they would have got a close up when he entered waitrose and left? if it is him it looks very much like he saw her, then quickly departed so he could be at the flat before her, then waiting round the side of the flat, as soon as she opened the door attacked her, hence the immediate scream, i dont buy the arm around her stuff or the her letting him in. if that video is him then i think it was premeditated.

the problem with this is how does he know she going to the flat when she appears not to have decided herself by the content of her calls and texts

or is he privy to some info that allows him to know when she will return

I totally missed that - attagirl, as you say!

[Forgive me for what I am about to say... Pity she didn't take the *@%£±$'s eye out!!!]

Sky tweeted that it was a '6 inch x 1 cm scar on his left arm' - I think the prosecution would have a job proving JY caused that (with her short fingernails) ... he could make up any ol BS as to how that happened in the month before his arrest.

sorry that was me that raised the point about the car - I read somewhere something that implied she was thinking of visiting and that RS told her the traffic would be awful (perhaps they meant the weather). So I just assumed she had use of a car that night.

RS told her she had been out that day and had seen all the trains and buses that had been cancelled.

I dont think they can withhold anything.... I'm by no means a legal expert but I thought both prosecution and defence had to 'disclose' all evidence?

This is a question I've been asking today as well. What with the revelations of earrings strewn across house (not sure of exact locations) and pair of JY's underwear on broken stool, IMO it isn't totally ludicrous to suggest there might have been some sort of sexual contact - as someone has said, there has been no evidence of sexual violence but could there have been sexual activity? - if they found VT's DNA in JY's bedsheets, or on sofas, for instance, suggesting some sort of sexual activity, would the prosecution have to reveal this as evidence even though it would play into the hands of the defence? This is all hypothetical thinking, I don't honestly think there was anything going on between the two, but unsure about laws regarding the divulging of evidence/information if it doesn't tie in with your 'side' of the fence (ie pros/def).

you're right - they haven't even mentioned the door.

They have mentioned that VT was very interested in why the door was removed

DC Thomas says Tabak was overly interested in the forensic examination of the flat and why the front door had been seized. She found it odd

They have mentioned it in relation to the fact that it had two locks and they always double locked it and when GR came back he thinks it wasn't double locked

#JoYeates boyfriend recalls they would always keep their front door double locked - whether in or out. Windows were also locked.

Joanna Yeates' boyfriend Greg Reardon is giving evidence at the trial of Vincent Tabak. He says they always double locked their flat

Greg says he is unsure if any lights were on when he got in. He thinks he only used the Yale lock to get in the front door.

yes, but they haven't said what they found on the door...

it's slow going, isn't it?!

Sky tweeted that it was a '6 inch x 1 cm scar on his left arm' - I think the prosecution would have a job proving JY caused that (with her short fingernails) ... he could make up any ol BS as to how that happened in the month before his arrest.

I don't think they said 6 inches

From Skynewsgather
The nurse found a 6x1 cm scar with scab on his left arm and a bruised toe nail.

from Martin Evans
#VincentTabak had 6cm pink scar with a scab on his left arm, when examined at police station, court hears.

I don't think they said 6 inches

From Skynewsgather

from Martin Evans

my mistake Clio..... I immediately think in inches first!! I still think he can pass that off with some *advertiser censored* and bull story.... hasn't a witness said that at a dinner party he was playing with the cats? he could claim one of them scratched him.....IIRC there was none of his DNA found on JY's fingernails, just her own blood?

my mistake Clio..... I immediately think in inches first!! I still think he can pass that off with some *advertiser censored* and bull story.... hasn't a witness said that at a dinner party he was playing with the cats? he could claim one of them scratched him.....IIRC there was none of his DNA found on JY's fingernails, just her own blood?

Absolutely he can make up whatever he likes, he's the only one left alive that knows what really happened.

They didn't mention anything about his DNA on JY's nails AFAIK.

They said

There were blood stains on the sole and toe of Miss Yeates' sock and on her finger nails, court hears.

They didn't say whose blood it was but I took it to mean hers. How it got on the toe and sole of her sock I can't imagine

BBC Points West News has just said that prosecution case concludes tomorrow and Clegg opens his defence case. VT is expected to enter the witness box on Thursday

When VT was examined by the nurse after his arrest, that was a month after JY was killed so would he still have a scab from a wound caused then?

No matter the outcome of this trial, I'm content that Jo will have her justice. I believe Tabak to be a proud man and indeed, he had much to be proud about. He had a marvelous education, an excellent job, and was no doubt , on the fast track to professional success. He must have daily encountered people in awe of his abilities...who gave him both admiration and respect.

In his private life, he had a loving and equally successful partner who planned to make a life with him, make a home, raise children. Her family seemed genuinely fond of him and delighted to think of him as their daughter's choice.

Tabak has a family that thought him the kind of son and brother that brought them admiration and respect as well...that they had raised such an accomplished and fine man.

Tabak is proud. And he is intelligent. He knows he had this amazing life underway. What has he now?

What business would consider him an asset? What clients would wish to interact with and give their contracts to a strangler, a man who, for no reason , choked the life out of a young neighbor? Instead of an asset, he will be a freak at any business gathering...a freak that detracts from what the employer needs and wants, by the notoriety of his very presence. What female colleague would wish to be around him alone? He will be a pariah in the business world...with no future even if he secures a "pity" job.

He will be a pariah, and he will know it.

Should he find a woman emotionally insecure enough to take him on...what will her family and friends think of him? Who could have him at their dinner table, thinking of Jo, her eyes looking into his as he choked the life out of her? Who would trust him? What responsible wife would leave him alone with a child, not knowing where his anger or frustration could leave? And if he had a child, that child's life begins stained, stained by the memory of a slain defenseless young woman to whom his FATHER showed no mercy. And to his own family, he is an eternal burden of shame. Their son...the killer. Their son...who let another family twist in the wind as they searched for their missing family member. Tabak, the bringer of SHAME. What a burden any family of Tabak will bear! He will be a freak to all normal people.

He will be a freak and he will know it.

Jo will have her justice and I'm glad of it. This proud murderer will pay in many, many ways. There may be brief periods of anonymity, but even in anonymity there will always be shame and fear of the next disclosure of his crime.

A pariah and a freak...that''s "proud" Tabak's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728