GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
skynewsgatherer Harriet Tolputt
Delay to start of #VincentTabak trial. @skystallard will be on @SkyNews with the latest once it gets underway

What we know for sure is that VT knew Joanna was alone before he murdered her. We know that the landlord knew that GR would be away for the weekend and that VT spoke with the landlord prior to having contact with Joanna. I think it's possible that the landlord mentioned helping with GR's car, or that VT knew GR would be away because he could hear through the walls. There is the distinct possibility that VT knew Joanna would be alone and that he deliberately did not attend the party with his girlfriend because he had other plans.

But ... we don't know for sure without testimony from the landlord.

I know all this otto, but it would be much easier on the jury if they knew the answer to this very important question. As far as we know, the jury does not know the answer to this.
It would be wrong if the jury just assumed that CJ told VT that GR was away from home that night.
Chit chat from the neighbours reported in the press, should not be used as evidence for anything in a court of law.:banghead:
CJ could be a witness to this. Maybe he couldn't remember so there was no point calling him to testify.
I did not know that VT could have went to party with TM. I just thought that spouses and partners would not be going as it was a party for Dyson employees.
Any works Christmas parties I have attended over the years, were for employees only.
I am aware that some parties do have partners and spouses, but not many.

skynewsgathererHarriet Tolputt

Jury trying Vincent Tabak for the murder of Joanna Yeates have been stood down until 1230.

I know all this otto, but it would be much easier on the jury if they knew the answer to this very important question. As far as we know, the jury does not know the answer to this.
It would be wrong if the jury just assumed that CJ told VT that GR was away from home that night.
Chit chat from the neighbours reported in the press, should not be used as evidence for anything in a court of law.:banghead:
CJ could be a witness to this. Maybe he couldn't remember so there was no point calling him to testify.
I did not know that VT could have went to party with TM. I just thought that spouses and partners would not be going as it was a party for Dyson employees.
Any works Christmas parties I have attended over the years, were for employees only.
I am aware that some parties do have partners and spouses, but not many.

I think CJ would have been a crucial witness in these proceedings, the only thing that is preventing him from being called is his relationship with the police imho.

skynewsgatherer Harriet Tolputt
Delay to start of #VincentTabak trial.

Harriet Tolputt
Jury trying Vincent Tabak for the murder of Joanna Yeates have been stood down until 1230.

These must be lengthy points of law being discussed.

It would be somewhat ironic if the prosecution had heard (via Websleuths) that VT appears in the Waitrose CCTV, and that they now want to introduce this as evidence! :banghead:

Harriet Tolputt

It would be somewhat ironic if the prosecution had heard (via Websleuths) that VT appears in the Waitrose CCTV, and that they now want to introduce this as evidence! :banghead:

just what I was thinking, it is being discussed extensively on the Facebook Discussion page and we know A&S are watching that cos they've already asked them to remove something - hope Neurotripsy heard the alarm and managed to get in - maybe he/she can fill us in

jonkay01Jon Kay

Legal discussion in Tabak trial. Jury won't be hearing any evidence until 1230.

1 minute ago

Do we know there are going to be any more defence witnesses? I would have thought maybe some character references but these could be written.

Then the prosecution and defence summaries which could take a while. Then there's the judges summation and instructions to the jury.

SWNS suggested this morning that the jury could be sent for deliberation mid week

Harriet Tolputt

Wouldn't it just!

At this stage of the trial and given that the defence has been something of a car crash so far, I'd guess that the defence are trying to get a new witness on the stand, or present some kind of evidence that wasn't outlined at the PACM hearing, and the prosecution is objecting.

At this stage of the trial and given that the defence has been something of a car crash so far, I'd guess that the defence are trying to get a new witness on the stand, or present some kind of evidence that wasn't outlined at the PACM hearing, and the prosecution is objecting.
More like a ten car pile-up! If WC has underlings who pay attention to what is posted on all the websites and chat groups dedicated to this case, they must be very worried, but I am not sure how they can turn their case around at this late date and mitigate the fallout from VT's testimony.
Oh, I see new tweets. Here we go...

Case for the defence in the trial of Vincent Tabak has now concluded.

What?

Case for the defence has concluded

Rupert Evelyn on Twitter

Trial continues. #yeates #Tabak judge telling jury the court is ready for the final part of the evidence

Court being read a statement from Mr Hardyman who lives at Flat 6, 44 canynge rd, clifton. top floor flat.

Hardyman has lived there for 20 years. he was aware that greg and Jo were living in the building. he'd met them on about 3 occasions

Hardyman had had a conversation with Joanna about her cat while working in the garden. #yeates

on Dec 17th, Hardyman went to bed and wasn't disturbed at all. 'i was unaware of anything out of the ordinary outside my flat'

Bill Clegg says 'my lord that concludes the case for the defence'. Jury being sent home for the day and asked to come back 1030 tomorrow

Rupert Evelyn tweets
Tomorrow the closing speeches will be heard by the jury

That was over in 5 minutes ! Makes me wonder if there was more evidence planned and due to point of law defence not allowed to disclose ?

Case for the defence has concluded
Bill Clegg says 'my lord that concludes the case for the defence'. Jury being sent home for the day and asked to come back 1030 tomorrow

That's a bit odd. It sounds to me like the prosecution were expecting considerably more than the reading out of a single statement, and aren't ready to start their summing up until tomorrow.

That's a bit odd. It sounds to me like the prosecution were expecting considerably more than the reading out of a single statement, and aren't ready to start their summing up until tomorrow.

I agree, from the point that Evelyn tweeted that the jury were back, to the point that he said defence was concluded - was 5 minutes exactly. Strange or not ? I have hardly any experience of court cases so don't know if this is unusual.

Well this is all very sudden! I wonder if it's because VT has done so poorly on the stand over the past few days.

That was over in 5 minutes ! Makes me wonder if there was more evidence planned and due to point of law defence not allowed to disclose ?

Or perhaps it was the prosecution that wanted to introduce something new?

I would have expected the prosecution to be ready to begin their summing up this morning, or at least after lunch. Seems like they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin