GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MrZhivago, I still can't find a time, will have another search.

Just was looking and I can't find the time on a timeline - it may be out there somewhere because I could swear I've seen it before. No luck yet though.

Just was looking and I can't find the time on a timeline - it may be out there somewhere because I could swear I've seen it before. No luck yet though.

Found where it says its just a few meters away from Tesco, going to call it a night now, will have another search tomorrow, night all.

Bargain Booze is just a few metres from the Tesco Express where Miss Yeates bought a pizza on the night of her disappearance.

For the record, I'm not certain that all the chronologies as to shops, texts and calls quite make sense.
Look at the CCTV as she's leaving Waitrose. She's holding her stuff in *exactly* the same way as she is when entering Bargain Booze. Have a look and you might think it odd that she's apparently texted between the two places [we're told that she texts before she buys cider].
Look at the Tesco footage and everything's quite different by then. Which would, everything else being equal, suggest it more likely that she texts *after* BB but before Tesco, since she's rearranged her bags.
The phoning RS thing timing is odd, too, but this has been mentioned before. Yes, maybe she uses a hands free. But not many people do, outside of a car [apart from twats and minicab drivers (the second of which categories is anyhow a subset of the other)].

This will interest you jigzy

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...nna-alive/article-3038853-detail/article.html

Mr Grewcock said that while working at Swadlin- cote Ski Centre in Derbyshire, Mr Reardon helped set up the Arrows Ski Racing Club, which became one of the most successful in the country.

He said: "He was one of the best skiers I ever skied with, an amazing racer. Greg was a really nice guy, down to earth, and always worked really hard."

Quite fit then is Greg :wink:
I think G/R is a nice guy....I think he really did (and probably still does) love Jo. Such was his despair at the interview (with the parents)....whether from grief ... or guilt, I have always thought that, if he did this awful thing to the woman he loved, he would eventually give himself up and confess.....one of the reasons I keep putting him on the 'back boiler' when trying to come up with a perp..with the necessary motive.

Found where it says its just a few meters away from Tesco, going to call it a night now, will have another search tomorrow, night all.

Bargain Booze is just a few metres from the Tesco Express where Miss Yeates bought a pizza on the night of her disappearance.

Yep, that's the best I've been able to find too.

Yep, that's the best I've been able to find too.

I looked them up the other day and, yes, they are close to each other, with BB a little further down [ie southwest] the road.
But you can see from the white bag in Tesco from BB that she goes to BB first.

Hopefully next 48 hours will be more eventful than the past ones:
"Crucial clue" http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3341986/Jo-Yeates-Crucial-clue-found.html

Great find.

From MrZhivago's link above:

Sources said an item handed into police in recent days is "highly significant".

The find, which has been sent for DNA analysis, is NOT Jo's missing sock.

Cops refused to say whether it was the missing pizza she bought on December 17, the night she vanished in Bristol, or its container.
---
Soil and pollen tests are also expected to be carried out within the next 48 hours.

That suggests the item may have been dropped by the killer as Jo's body was dumped.

Whole Sun article is a must-read.

Okay, just took dog for a walk; it's snowed a little over two inches today. I don't see how, if Joanna were placed there on the 17th/18th, she could have been missed by local walkers and traffic, even given the snow and frost. Even if she were covered (as was discussed earlier), surely someone would have noticed a curiosity of the landscape.

Think I've really lost the plot now.......I've got this (rejuvenated) clifton 'old boy'...in a hotel room in Cornwall...getting bashed over the head by some woman!!!!! Perhaps start another thread on this 'case'????

Lol. Me too. But even if this is not "our" PR, it still makes for a moment of high zaniness.

Looked this link up the other day, just to see how much snow had fallen in Bristol by 20th
December.

http://www.anchorofroses.co.uk/2010/12/weekly-rundown-9-snow-fest-2010.html

If you scan down the pics....look for the one with smiley faces on the wall...you will see a sort of raised area in the snow. (This is not where Jos' body was found) but does give you some idea of how snow can successfully cover something up. Plus, down here we had loads of drifts.....appeared very deep..but simply 'piled up' by the wind. If her body was on the roadside and completely covered...most dog walkers would have their pets on leads....so they would probably not go sniffing around in that area. Also read somewhere that her body was found in a ditch and if that is the case then the snow would cover it completely. Another thought I had was what if the person leaving the body there WANTED it to be found....and were equally surprised that it was not discovered until Christmas morning?

Yes, admittedly here the snow hasn't drifted much, not enough wind so far - and if she possibly was found in a ditch, it's easy to understand, her not being found. We had three different snows here last year over eight inches, and of course in those conditions, all bets would be off. Still - in the 2" on the 17th/18th, I would expect someone to notice, though whether or not they would follow up, who knows; I'd think the dogs, though on leads, would, at least one of them, alert their walker to what they could smell, and arouse curiosity.

In fine, though, nothing would surprise me about this case at this moment.

Yes, admittedly here the snow hasn't drifted much, not enough wind so far - and if she possibly was found in a ditch, it's easy to understand, her not being found. We had three different snows here last year over eight inches, and of course in those conditions, all bets would be off. Still - in the 2" on the 17th/18th, I would expect someone to notice, though whether or not they would follow up, who knows; I'd think the dogs, though on leads, would, at least one of them, alert their walker to what they could smell, and arouse curiosity.

In fine, though, nothing would surprise me about this case at this moment.

About dog walkers, my concern would be how many there are. Were they scattered? In L.A. I know that the cold weather caused fewer people to walk dogs as they normally would.

Dog walkers can also be distracted by traffic and other animals.

And, I'd like to add that the drawings I've seen show that the body was disposed at a curve in the walkway which may have affected the number of passers by.

I remember when she was first found, one or more papers reported locals saying that if she were there for very long, they would have noticed. Well - maybe, of course. Still, that's stuck in my mind BUT I've never seen those words attributed to an actual individual, who might be interviewed further. Might have just been a reporter's fancy, or locals not wanting to admit anything might slip past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500