GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, just took dog for a walk; it's snowed a little over two inches today. I don't see how, if Joanna were placed there on the 17th/18th, she could have been missed by local walkers and traffic, even given the snow and frost. Even if she were covered (as was discussed earlier), surely someone would have noticed a curiosity of the landscape.

Just speaking from experience here as an LGV Driver for my job of many years, her body was dumped right outside the entrance to the quarry where vehicles would of been turning in & out for most of the week before Jo's body was found, considering the weather snowy/icy conditions i would of expected the drivers to be slow & cautious whilst entering & leaving the the quarry entrance. When you sit in the cab of a big lorry such as those used to transport the type of material carried from this quarry the ride height in the vehicle is high enough to see well into & above the bushes in my opinion & would be surprised if no driver was able to spot her body being hidden by what sounds to me 'out in the open'. Which makes me conclude that her body had been transported there within the last 24hrs before she was found, the plan was probably to move her into the quarry possibly later on christmas day whilst everybody would of been quietly sitting at home eating there turkey or having a few glasses of sherry etc.. in Bristol & the rest of the world. Basically the perps were halfway to concealing Jo's body for good, if they had got it into the quarry she would never of been found - thats my opinion.

I remember when she was first found, one or more papers reported locals saying that if she were there for very long, they would have noticed. Well - maybe, of course. Still, that's stuck in my mind BUT I've never seen those words attributed to an actual individual, who might be interviewed further. Might have just been a reporter's fancy, or locals not wanting to admit anything might slip past them.
There is nothing so well hidden....as that where you are not looking. Think that, as no one was expecting to see a body on the verge....then maybe, that is why they did not? Also, all those who walked within feet of where Jo was found...would surely rather not think that she had been there during several of their walks and they had passed her by?

Just speaking from experience here as an LGV Driver for my job of many years, her body was dumped right outside the entrance to the quarry where vehicles would of been turning in & out for most of the week before Jo's body was found, considering the weather snowy/icy conditions i would of expected the drivers to be slow & cautious whilst entering & leaving the the quarry entrance. When you sit in the cab of a big lorry such as those used to transport the type of material carried from this quarry the ride height in the vehicle is high enough to see well into & above the bushes in my opinion & would be surprised if no driver was able to spot her body being hidden by what sounds to me 'out in the open'. Which makes me conclude that her body had been transported there within the last 24hrs before she was found, the plan was probably to move her into the quarry possibly later on christmas day whilst everybody would of been quietly sitting at home eating there turkey or having a few glasses of sherry etc.. in Bristol & the rest of the world. Basically the perps were halfway to concealing Jo's body for good, if they had got it into the quarry she would never of been found - thats my opinion.

This is the best-argued case yet for her body having been a later addition to the site. Excellent job. I'm bookmarking this as a single post so I can refer to it later.

There is nothing so well hidden....as that where you are not looking. Think that, as no one was expecting to see a body on the verge....then maybe, that is why they did not? Also, all those who walked within feet of where Jo was found...would surely rather not think that she had been there during several of their walks and they had passed her by?

Quite true. When I was walking my dog (the one pictured in my avatar) I was thinking, "Okay, sure, maybe I could miss it, not that observant, me. But others, many others, passing by? Surely one would have noticed. Probably. Maybe."

This is the best-argued case yet for her body having been a later addition to the site. Excellent job. I'm bookmarking this as a single post so I can refer to it later.
Trying to find out when the Durnford Quarry closed down for Christmas....anybody know?

I forgot to also mention when viewing the images of Longwood Lane on Google Maps that there is no pathway for pedestrians on this narrow road, therefore it definitely would of been more than likely the drivers at the quarry would of been the first to spot her body if it had placed there earlier. The perps must of decided it was time to move the body on christmas eve as they had obvious knowledge the quarry would not be operational during the holiday season (probably closed from 24th Dec - 29th Dec at earliest). This would of given them 5 days to dispose of her body, & if any of them knew how to operate any of the machinery there including the rock breaking crusher as earlier mentioned in the last thread, well i dont think poor Jo's family would ever of been saying goodbye to their daughter.

Quite true. When I was walking my dog (the one pictured in my avatar) I was thinking, "Okay, sure, maybe I could miss it, not that observant, me. But others, many others, passing by? Surely one would have noticed. Probably. Maybe."
Don't know if there is a footpath there...or just a grass verge. Either way, if thick snow or icy...then dog walkers would be walking their dogs on the road. Think this looks to be quite a busy road so maybe too many other things to concentrate on? Very frustrating as none of us have proof of time of death or placement of body....difficult to come up with anything other than scenarios!

Very frustrating as none of us have proof of time of death or placement of body....difficult to come up with anything other than scenarios!

Yes i know how you feel, but i do think were creating a picture here to the puzzle, its just working out which pieces fit the jigsaw.

& if we were all to go with the theory that Jo's body had been manouvered to the Quarry entrance for disposal over the holiday weekend, then basically that means she was stored somewhere beforehand. You can rule out GR completely if thats what we think, because theres no way he would of been able to hide her body & dump it that week while the LE/Media were all over him & Jo's parents for information to help find her.

That would bring imo the neighbours Lorp & co possibly back into the frame. I wonder if any of them maybe has another property nearby or elderly relative ie mother/father (possibly suffer from dementia) local where they could of dumped her body in a chest freezer for example ??

So MW was at a party not asleep as previously said?

The friends at the Ram pub said Jo was going home for some 'me' time...to make mince pies and whatnot. So why was she texting an old friend inviting him out for a drink?

Just had to get these couple things in quick. Yesterday when I looked this topic was closed and now at 5am there are pages of posts. Are you lot up all through the night?

Just another thought, I wonder if any of the cars collected by the police had a 'tracker' fitted ? I also wonder if it's possible to be able to track 'past' journeys. Wasn't one car a BMW ? I would certainly have one fitted on that due to the price of spare parts.

Yes i know how you feel, but i do think were creating a picture here to the puzzle, its just working out which pieces fit the jigsaw.

& if we were all to go with the theory that Jo's body had been manouvered to the Quarry entrance for disposal over the holiday weekend, then basically that means she was stored somewhere beforehand. You can rule out GR completely if thats what we think, because theres no way he would of been able to hide her body & dump it that week while the LE/Media were all over him & Jo's parents for information to help find her.

That would bring imo the neighbours Lorp & co possibly back into the frame. I wonder if any of them maybe has another property nearby or elderly relative ie mother/father (possibly suffer from dementia) local where they could of dumped her body in a chest freezer for example ??

I'll post these images because there seems to be some real confusion where the body was left. The body deposit site is really relevant to how long it had been there, and would it have been seen earlier. Destroyer, along with others have the quarry entrance location spot on, but there seems a lot who think it was near a low wall higher up the lane.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5085/5344329812_d0592165c1_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5004/5344329814_69410b7894.jpg

The forensic tent over the body is clearly in the layby quarry entrance 'off' Longwood lane here.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5043/5344329804_3fc873319e_z.jpg

Location where the body was placed on Google Street view.
The Police even confirm this with this statement ''I'm keen to hear from anyone who saw, or heard anyone acting suspiciously in the Longwood Lane area, particulary near to the area of the entrance to Durnford quarry
That statement can be seen on this Police press conference here
[video=youtube;uU_CrZuVTv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_CrZuVTv0[/video]

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5345561252_8d72c7119a_z.jpg

If the quarry was still open, the wheels of the trucks where only a foot or so away from running over the body itself. A low wire mesh fence is strung along the concrete posts visible, the body wasn't thrown in there, but as the Police state on the road side verge between the large stone boulder, and quarry entrance gate. It would be really good to find out when the quarry closed for Christmas has as been mentioned before, while it's true some building firms close for a 2 week period over Christmas, it is an old tradition that is slowly dying out, many contractors and building suppliers work up to Christmas eve.

Durnford quarry is a real busy and important location, It states on their website it is the main supplier of agregate to the building industry in, and around the Bristol area. I.M.O that would give a good indication the quarry would still be in full swing Christmas week. If so, then someone had to open those quarry gates literally feet away from the body. All depending on snow depth, you'd have to take into account the effects of grit on the road, and heavy turning wheels. Snow melt alongside busy road verges is accelerated considerably. The dog walkers have stated themselves 'we walk pass that spot every day, if it had been there earlier were sure to have seen it. Other people passing the spot regular have quoted the same thing. I'd also be like to know if the quarry had any security or night patrol. I find it highly unlikely it didn't in all honesty.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5163/5344329810_4a020fd2e2_z.jpg

There is confusion the body was found higher up the lane, on the grass verge along the narrow lane at the bottom of a low stone wall, there is no such wall where the body was placed. That report comes from bad press reporting, reporters have gone up the lane when it was reopened and quoted the spot where the floral tributes, and information appeal board are now situauted as the location of the body. The Police have only put those flowers and appeal board in that location at the top of the hill so all who pass will see it. It doesn't mark the actual body deposit spot.

A good point to note are the tyre marks from the trucks turning into the quarry. All trucks using the quarry turn into the quarry the same way. A weight limit restriction is imposed on Longwood Lane after the quarry entrance, you can see the 4 tonne limit signs on Google street view. The amount of heavy turning wheels is pretty clear to see on this image, no trucks travel to or from Beggers Bush lane heading North. If the council hadn't gritted Longwood lane, then i expect the quarry itself is more than capable of dealing with it's entranceway. Road grit always melts the sides of the roads.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5289/5344329822_7b07d5394c.jpg

It's these kind of pictures taken when the road was reopened that are confusing peoples accounts, they don't mark the actual spot. No one with any sense would pull up to dispose of a body and run the risk of blocking the narrow lane, even in the dead of night and eerie quiet, they still wouldn't chance an unexpected car wanting to pass.

The firebrigade had to use a special wench to remove the body, because it was effectively moulded into the snow and ice. That indicates the body was there for days rather than hours, on the other hand the easy to spot location suggests it was placed there only hours before the body was found on Christmas day.

No wonder the Police are really struggling with this case. Everything contradicts, and rules out every possible theory :banghead:

Some points to ponder there!

Just looked at Google maps myself and zoomed in on the large rock at the side of the chainlink fence at the quarry enterance. The rock would be covered in snow and I guess if it snowed during the night of 24th/25th anything next to the rock would be covered aswell making it look like part of the rock. Just an observation.

Here's the link to the Google street view if anyone wants to take a look themselves
http://snipurl.com/1tjk8r

You can even see there the size of the wheels that use the quarry entrance on the street view.
I do find it hard to believe the body could have layed there unoticed for 8 days, if they suspect the day of the murder was Dec 17th.

The lorry park of the quarry has ample floodlights, you can see from the street view. I wonder if there on all night for security reasons? It would make a difference to any plans of diposing of a body. If they were out, then that lane would be in total darkness, there are no street lights.

Here's the link to the Google street view if anyone wants to take a look themselves
http://snipurl.com/1tjk8r

You can even see there the size of the wheels that use the quarry entrance on the street view.
I do find it hard to believe the body could have layed there unoticed for 8 days, if they suspect the day of the murder was Dec 17th.

The lorry park of the quarry has ample floodlights, you can see from the street view. I wonder if there on all night for security reasons? It would make a difference to any plans of diposing of a body. If they were out, then that lane would be in total darkness, there are no street lights.

Thank you for the images, clarification of the body location, and clarification of when the body was placed in the location.

Thank you for the images, clarification of the body location, and clarification of when the body was placed in the location.
No worries :)

I'm afraid i don't know when the body was placed there. I still can't decide, it's too confusing.

I m posting Jo's timeline, it might be helpful to know just where she was as she made her way home, but I m not sure if its all quite right, Iv taken it from different places.

Jo’s Timeline

Jo met B/F for lunch.

Jo left work at 6pm with colleagues for drink in the Ram pub.

Left the Ram pub at 8pm.

Jo was seen on cctv at Waitrose supermarket at 8.10pm.

Jo text Matthew Wood at 8.20pm. to ask. Where are you, do you fancy a drink. Matthew Wood was at a Christmas party.

Jo rang Rebecca Scott at 8.30. To arrange to meet up Christmas eve.

Jo bought pizza at Tesco Express at 8.40pm. (which is about a quarter mile from her flat.

[FONT=&quot]Matthew Wood texted back at 9.20pm . but there was no reply.[/FONT]

This is very useful indeed,thanks, I was going to post my own version, but too lazy! Just a couple of points of difference. You have left out- Jo Bought cider from Bargainbooze at 8.24. And according to the Star, Jo went to the Bristol Ram around 5pm, her lunch date with Greg started 12.30 and just lasted 20 minutes.

Okay, just took dog for a walk; it's snowed a little over two inches today. I don't see how, if Joanna were placed there on the 17th/18th, she could have been missed by local walkers and traffic, even given the snow and frost. Even if she were covered (as was discussed earlier), surely someone would have noticed a curiosity of the landscape.

In my experience, Dog Walkers are both regular as clockwork (I wonder why!!) and miss absolutely nothing. So I am as sure as can be that her body was dumped on that verge late on Christmas Eve.

Some have found it strange that Jo would walk past Tesco, buy the cider further down the street, go back to Tesco and then buy the Pizza. All this shows is that Jo was a logical thinker, she is doing her shopping in the order which involves the least carrying. If she goes to Tesco first, she has to carry the Pizza to Bargainbooze and back. That is unnecessary if she buys the cider first, then she only has to carry the pizza from Tesco to the flat,and she has to carry the cider the same distance whatever order she shops in. Seems counterintuitive to most, I know (I had half an hour explaining this to my wife the other night, and she still doesn't accept it!}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500