GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do elaborate Wilf if you can?

I wonder if Wilf is referring to something I hinted towards earlier before the suspect had been named. Jo's company seems to have links with suspects company (from a Google search I did earlier). I wonder if they had worked together.

Hm, let's see about this! I was researching connections to Melanie Hall who went missing from nearby Bath and was later found murdered -- police arrested five different men over the years and let them all go.

Very different from the US, where people are rarely arrested unless the police have every intention of charging them, too. Seems like UK police use arrest to try and shake out confessions, and if it doesn't work, they let them go...

Well the last three arrests in the Melanie Hall case were your typical nutjobs who presented themselves at a police station and 'confessed' to the crime. The police don't have much choice in the cicumstances other than to arrest them prior to eliminating them from their enquiries.

And generally speaking, the UK police place far less emphasis than their US counterparts in obtaining confessions - bearing in mind the Stefan Kiszko debacle.

I've got some information on a company that is registered at the second address being forensically searched, I think it ties in with the Quarry, but not sure if I should post it??

I'm not sure but I think I know this info. I don't see why it can't be posted on the board. It's in the public domain if you look for it.

I may be wrong and it may be something personal about someone.

So his name is out in public now. Well that didn't take long. Again I apologise for my outburst earlier, I know I came across extremely offensive to some and there was no excuse for it other than I was getting upset seeing this name being bandied around without a care in the world. The media have named him now and it's public knowledge. It's a bit pointless arguing about his name being mentioned now.

I see his facebook friends have dwindled slightly, I suppose no one wants to be friends with a suspected murderer.

I hope they have the right man this time. I feel sorry for his family and his girlfriend, (assuming she has nothing to do with it) it must be so difficult coping with something like this.

Thoughts are with Joanna's family, as always, they need closure now and to see the person responsible face justice, not that it will bring their daughter back but it may offer some comfort!

LE - Law Enforcement
LL - LandLord (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
JY - Joanna Yeates (Murder Victim/Strangled)
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
FR - Francis Reardon (GR's Half Brother from Sheffield)
LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, (Landlord of LP/Lorp)
CJ - Chris Jeffries aka LL (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder)
RS - Rebecca Scott (Joanna's Bestfriend / Last phone call)
CAG - Casual Acquaintance Guy (Final Text / Friend of JY's Brother / No id)
MW - Matthew Wood aka CAG
DY - David Yeates (JY's Father)
TY - Theresa Yeates (JY's Mother)
CY - Chris Yeates (JY's Brother)
NUA - Neighbour Under Arrest (32yr old Neighbour Of JY Currently Under Arrest For Suspician Of Murdering JY)
Bernard - Joanna's Cat

So his name is out in public now. Well that didn't take long. Again I apologise for my outburst earlier, I know I came across extremely offensive to some and there was no excuse for it other than I was getting upset seeing this name being bandied around without a care in the world. The media have named him now and it's public knowledge. It's a bit pointless arguing about his name being mentioned now.

I see his facebook friends have dwindled slightly, I suppose no one wants to be friends with a suspected murderer.

I hope they have the right man this time. I feel sorry for his family and his girlfriend, (assuming she has nothing to do with it) it must be so difficult coping with something like this.

Thoughts are with Joanna's family, as always, they need closure now and to see the person responsible face justice, not that it will bring their daughter back but it may offer some comfort!

I can always admire someone who can apologize. To be able to humble oneself with dignity is a great trait to have. I don't think you need to say sorry too much though. Just say there was a little heated, but healthy debate earlier on two sides. Far worse goes off in the houses of parliament ;)

I too hope they have the right man. I'm sure the Police daren't foul up this time!!

Again I apologise for my outburst earlier...
I wish I was the one asking for an apology for an earlier outburst instead of asking for one because of all the aspersions I heaped upon GR, but it was lovely of you to apologise and my ma always said: it takes a big person to apologise! ;)

It's been a highly emotive day, you have had the grace to apologise, I for one admire that {{{hugs}}}

I expect this guys FB 'friends' are being hounded by the gutter press, and that's the main reason they have removed him.

Thanks so much for that info. I've been days trying to work out what LE meant but I daren't ask.

Hi Guys - you are doing some great sleuthing here! :)

I removed some posts because they contained a picture of the suspect and his girlfriend. It is okay to post pics of the suspect as long as you post where they come from, but it is necessary to edit (crop) out any innocents. I also removed the picture of the lady with the suitcase, because she is innocent.

So - just for future reference, please crop out any innocents and make sure the picture is correctly credited.

Thanks so much and I really hope they have the guy that took Joanna's life. Prayers to her family and loved ones.

Salem

In terms of flaring tempers and trouble-coming-'round-the-bend flashpoints, the Yeates threads have been notably low on rancor, in comparison with others I've followed. Posting on real-time crimes, especially on disappearance / finding of the body / whodunnit? cases, which certainly draw forth high levels of emotion, can get very ugly, in my experience. While we have occasionally clashed swords, it's been the rare exception and not the rule on the Joanna threads. Applause to all, for making this a well-researched, reader friendly example of public sleuthing.

Hm, let's see about this! I was researching connections to Melanie Hall who went missing from nearby Bath and was later found murdered -- police arrested five different men over the years and let them all go.

Very different from the US, where people are rarely arrested unless the police have every intention of charging them, too. Seems like UK police use arrest to try and shake out confessions, and if it doesn't work, they let them go...

[bbm]

what?! I've been wondering about the 'bail' process differences ...

ok, that's it - then I'm just going to assume this arrest is bullarky until such a time as there's actually a trial

WARNING: It is against TOS to talk about pm'ing or emailing each other. This is called "inviting" in our TOS. Please review the rules if need be to make sure you understand.

Several posts had to be removed because of this discussion.

You may pm and you may email - you just can't talk about it, okay? If you have questions, pm a mod - DO NOT DISCUSS IT IN THE THREAD - that just gets you in trouble.

Mods are listed at the bottom of every page under "View Forum Leaders."

Salem

[bbm]

what?! I've been wondering about the 'bail' process differences ...

ok, that's it - then I'm just going to assume this arrest is bullarky until such a time as there's actually a trial
The police here will arrest on suspicion and if and when they feel they have enough for a conviction they will charge that suspect. The case will then be presented to the crown prosecution service and they decide if the case will go to court.

He doesn't look like a Vincent

http://imm.io/3gh7

someone has been recently making FB profiles (probably even today) with his name and pics of Jo & apt. layouts

I think it's safe to say it's not him making these profiles

it happens in every case - random people make profiles pretending to be a suspect or a victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015