GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, my first Post, I have been reading here though.

If the Police were certain with their evidence NUA was the Perpetrator, I would have thought NUA would have been charged by now,unless the Police are waiting for DNA test's and result's to come back.

If it was only partial DNA the SOC Officer's obtained from Jo's body, I would presume the FSS are doing the following LCN,establishment of the DNA profile through LCN (Low Copy Numbers) which could take time,this is achieved through increasing the number of amplification cycles,if the FSS can obtain a full Profile and it matches NUA then they have their Man, but if it does not match NUA, the Police will have a DNA profile of the Perpetrator and the following could be done.
If the DNA does not throw up a match on the National Data Base,then a search of the Data Base could be done a Familial DNA search, a related technique called case-specific partial match, DNA samples belonging to a Father or Son, Sister, Brother, Mother, Uncle aren't an exact match, the similarities signal a close familial relationship.
This has been done in England before which resulted in catching a serial rapist, who got away with his Crime for a very long time, it was when the rapist's Sister was charged with a drink driving offence and her DNA was taken, which resulted in her DNA being put onto the Data Base, The Sister's DNA on the National Data Base threw up a very close match to the DNA by the rapist, which was her Brother, he is now in Prison where he will not commit crimes against Woman again.

Such a waste of a young Woman's life, and devastating for the Family, I hope the Police will get a result soon.

Thanks for that very well worded explanation. It's amazing what can be traced from minute samples of DNA.
To be honest I find that kind of technologic breakthrough absolutely amazing, but also rather scary in a way if that makes sense. Big Brother is watching and 1984 e.t.c.

personally i could never take the £50,000 reward, i would ask them to give it to the Yeates family's favourite charity.

Exactly, what type of person would want to benefit from the murder of an innocent girl. Blood money, better giving it to charity.

Does anyone know if NUA or his GF owns a vehicle?

Also IMO the LE will hold NUA for as long as possible giving them time to gather as much evidence as possible and cross reference his answers

All JMO

I dont know, but I do know that two cars were taken for forensic scrutiny when CJ was arrested. Maybe one of them belongs to UAM. IMO

If I recall correctly, the two cars taken away belonged to CJ and PS. JMO

Of the various motives for murder I have chosen four that appear applicable to this case.

Jealousy Anger Betrayal Lust

I dropped jealousy.

This leaves Anger Betrayal Lust as the motives for murder in this case.

I think deep seated anger is the trigger.

What do you think?

From Luna15's link (above)

Police are believed to have asked Miss Williams about the nature of their friendship and whether she was aware Mr Tabak was staying at the property while she was away.

There is no suggestion she had anything to do with the case.

Yesterday, Miss Morson’s father Geoffrey dismissed rumours that the couple had separated, insisting they were still in a relationship when he was arrested.

“The idea that they split up before Christmas is wrong,” he said

After Mr Tabak’s arrest, Miss Morson - who attended Queenswood School in Hertfordshire - spent several hours speaking to police and is believed to have remained in Bristol.

Bonus! Barely relevant, article-stretching fact: "slicing the bologna thin" is how we English teachers put it:

Within hours of receiving the news of Mr Tabak’s arrest, his close family in the Netherlands gathered at the home of his eldest sister Ilse, 48, in the medieval town of Amersfoort near Utrecht.

much more of this same ilk at link above

The Mirror checks in with.....

Yeates murder: Suspect Vincent Tabak's girlfriend Tanja Morson 'devastated at his arrest'

Detectives refused to say if the 34-year-old Jo lookalike had implicated her boyfriend.

But a source said: “She is being treated as a potentially significant witness.”

Officers spoke to the couple in the early stages of the inquiry but ruled out Tabak as a suspect. They have taken a detailed statement from both him and Tanja about his movements after December 17 when Jo was last seen alive after a night out.

One [shopkeeper] added: “He has been in here regularly after work to buy a bottle of red wine. I’ve also seen his girlfriend walking past the shop. I recognise her because I like her woolly hat.

“I’ve also sold him some Rizlas and tomato ketchup. He comes in and gets his stuff and goes, he never says anything. He seems the sort who knows what he wants and gets on with it.”

much more, especially about Tanja, at link above

Interesting article and maybe hinting that NUAs GF tipped off the police.

Jo Yeates murder: Partners of murder suspects are key witnesses for police

Partners of murder suspects can often become very important witnesses for the police because they are the sort of people who notice when things aren’t right.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ses-for-police-115875-22866652/#ixzz1BifzrpM0
Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ses-for-police-115875-22866652/#ixzz1BibmMmH8

She's removed herself from his fb friends list but I don't think we should jump to conclusions on that.

She could've removed herself for a number of reasons. I am with you and I don't think we should read too much into it. But, if her reason for removing herself is because she is being hounded by the media or whoever, then surely you just wouldn't log in to your facebook right now. Surely showing a united front is more beneficial right now, if she is standing by him that is. Just had a quick look and it appears that she has completely removed herself from facebook. Probably all too much for her and understandable.

Ready....Steady.....DAILY STAR!

A quote from Luna15's aricle, above:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173112/JO-YEATES-MURDER-I-LL-STAND-BY-MY-LOVER/

Fighting back tears one Dutch pal said: “I know Vincent is innocent. The Pink Panther is a pussycat who couldn’t hurt a mouse. There is no way he could have done something as dreadful as this.”

I did wonder if that might have anything to do with cannabis being legal in Holland...

no offence to any dutch forumites :blushing:

Thanks for that very well worded explanation. It's amazing what can be traced from minute samples of DNA.
To be honest I find that kind of technologic breakthrough absolutely amazing, but also rather scary in a way if that makes sense. Big Brother is watching and 1984 e.t.c.

Your welcome....yes It is amazing what can be done with DNA, and who know's what is to come in the future.
I presume the FSS will try LCN,(Low Copy Numbers) it does not always come to fruition,it depends on the quality of the partial sample DNA.

Fighting back tears one Dutch pal said: “I know Vincent is innocent. The Pink Panther is a pussycat who couldn’t hurt a mouse. There is no way he could have done something as dreadful as this.”

I did wonder if that might have anything to do with cannabis being legal in Holland...

no offence to any dutch forumites :blushing:

The Babel Fish English-Dutch translation came up as....

"Ik weet Vincent onschuldig is. De roze Panter is een pussycat die geen muis kon kwetsen. Er is geen manier hij zo vreselijk iets kon gedaan hebben zoals dit."

"Ik weet Vincent onschuldig is. De roze Panter is een pussycat die geen muis kon kwetsen. Er is geen manier hij zo vreselijk iets kon gedaan hebben zoals dit."

Do you ever get freaked out by things. Well I just switched over and the film Babel has just started, literally as I read your post! Completely irrelevant to the thread, just saying I found it strange! :dunno:

all looks double dutch to me :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member