UK UK - Luke Durbin, 19, Ipswich, 12 May 2006

This case is so similar to that of Corrie McKeague. A young man left alone after a night out, in the early hours, seen on cctv then vanishes into thin air. I do wonder if there can be a link.
I'm interested to know why the police are convinced Luke was murdered and who the men were who were arrested. There must have been some evidence pointing to them. The fact that the car was registered to a false name is suspicious enough to start off with.

Someone said there was a docu on this week but I can't find it on my TV guide. Any ideas?

This case is so similar to that of Corrie McKeague. A young man left alone after a night out, in the early hours, seen on cctv then vanishes into thin air. I do wonder if there can be a link.
I'm interested to know why the police are convinced Luke was murdered and who the men were who were arrested. There must have been some evidence pointing to them. The fact that the car was registered to a false name is suspicious enough to start off with.

Wow this is a similar case to Corrie McKeague and so close (in distance not time). I didn't realise they had arrested men on suspicion of murder, they obviously know who is responsible as they wouldn't go around arresting innocent people for no reason but just don't have enough evidence to secure a conviction... same old story :-( How dreadful for Luke's family.
Terry McSpadden went missing from Wisbech under similar circumstances too, is there a thread for him on here? I can't seem to find one....

Always strange when men vanish on a night out. Women are at a much higher risk of abduction than men. It wasn't a random mugging or an assault by drunken yobs, otherwise the body would be left behind. It sounds like he ran into a couple of wrong'uns who bundled him into the car, drove him somewhere and battered him.

I agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi new to this thread but not websleuths in general. Been following Luke case for a few years now ,I notice the guys arrested ages would have made them a round 19 and 34 at the time Luke went missing although they have been realesed without charge I wonder if that is more to do with lack of evidence rather than innocence IMO , was just wondering if maybe Luke knew the 19 year old and also where the other friend that left early went ?

was wondering of anyone else is aware of Luke having any connection to drugs , I was wondering if it's rumour or fact ?

This case seems to have gone very quiet, despite the incredible efforts of his mum. I was in Ipswich recently and someone suggested to me that the key to the disappearance could be the illegal taxi business. Some of these guys are pretty unpleasant if a passenger gets in the car with no money. Has anyone seen anything exploring this theory further?

I'm glad to see this thread already exists, as I was about to start one. Luke is from Woodbridge, a town close to my home, and his Mum has asked the police many times to upgrade their investigation to a murder enquiry, so it gets the finances and attention it deserves. Someone, somewhere, knows what happened to Luke. I see the comparisons with Corrie McKeague, another young man who went missing in Suffolk, but it has been concluded that he was buried in landfill after he fell asleep in a bin. Luke, however, was almost certainly murdered and was last seen getting into a car.

I remember following this case when it happened, and can't believe it's been 12years.
I thought I would do a search on here to see if there are any updates and is saddened to see that there is hardly anything on this case.
I do believe those men harmed him, but I wish someone would come forward so his mother could have some piece of mind.
I also read years back that there was drug involvement and sightings after he went missing. Specifically sightings of him being in a car with an older guy. I wonder if it was true and it is the older guy that was arrested.

Echoing what others have said it sounds like they know or have a very good idea what happened to Luke but are unable to prove it. There'll definitely be people local who know what happened to Luke, I guess it's a waiting game until people fall out, relationships change etc. This may never happen however..

From the Find Luke Durbin Page on Facebook -

As some of you are aware, a documentary was made nearly a year ago about Luke and events leading up to his disappearance. The documentary is part of a trilogy called Missing or Murdered, previously a documentary highlighted the case of missing Lee Boxell, who was only 15 when he went missing in 1988 and that of Claudia Lawrence, who was 35 when she went missing in 2009.

Missing or Murdered is due to be shown on Wednesday 22nd April at 9pm on Channel 5. Due to no fault of the wonderful documentary makers, we have had numerous dates, however, this is looking pretty definite. If it’s pulled again then I hope the Channel 5 commissioner hangs his head in shame.

The documentary was tough to make and I can’t thank my family, our friends and Suffolk Police enough for contributing. It was no easy task for any of us. As Luke’s mother, it is very upsetting as it shows a darker side of Luke’s life and potentially the reason for his disappearance. However, the years keep rolling by and I feel strongly, if there is any chance of finding out what happened to Luke then all of us have to be as honest as we can and hopefully some brave soul will come forward.

I’d like to stress that I no longer want justice, all I want is the opportunity to lay my son to rest, if that’s not a possibility just to know the answers as to what happened to my beautiful kid on that fateful night in May 2006.

Thanks as always for continuing to walk alongside my family. I will keep you updated on the airing of the documentary.

Nicki

Find Luke Durbin

River Orwell isn't far from where he went missing. Isn't it possible that he drunkenly fell into the river and got washed out to sea?

Wanted to give this a bump as the documentary will be airing tomorrow.

The @channel5_tv documentary series ‘Missing or Murdered?’ will examine the disappearance of Hollesley man Luke Durbin in its next episode on Tuesday 28 April at 10pm.

Anyone with fresh information is asked to submit this via our online portal here:

Public Portal

1/2

Suffolk Police on Twitter

I remember following this case when it happened, and can't believe it's been 12years.
I thought I would do a search on here to see if there are any updates and is saddened to see that there is hardly anything on this case.
I do believe those men harmed him, but I wish someone would come forward so his mother could have some piece of mind.
I also read years back that there was drug involvement and sightings after he went missing. Specifically sightings of him being in a car with an older guy. I wonder if it was true and it is the older guy that was arrested.

Not sure I had ever come across this case before, but just watched the documentary.

Surprised this post I have quoted is only one which mentions his connection to drugs. Was this never revealed before in press or anything? From this programme or seemed he was known in certain shady quarters for dealing, and seems likely he met his end through someone who knew him from that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back