GUILTY UK - Nurse accused in insulin poisonings, deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital, 2011

If they have her for tampering or theft then they have a charge against her. Forensic tests will prove if the fifty or more patients they are now concerned with died as a consequence of insulin overdose, then I would imagine it could be a murder charge, just a thought. Because they dont seem to the cause of deaths yet.

Insulin is tricky as it is not retained in the body AFAIK. But it can be found in the brain post mortem. This might involve exhumations.
As kINGFISHER said, I wonder if they are awaiting the results of PMs before more charges.

This young woman seems to have betrayed so many people

Either this woman has aged overnight or we have the worst court illustrator ever
aged.jpg

Yes you are right badhorsie according to an article in the paper the only way is to exhume the bodies of other patients and test tissue samples from around the puncture wound to see if the insulin was injected, or the brain. It looks like they have a lot of investigating to do. The parents and friends are incredulous that that she is a suspect and have launched an internet campaign to state their belief in her innocence . Can't see much will be reported for a while.

her friends who were emphatic that she would be released last night must be extremely shocked

from the tabloid Daily Star, a reminder of the importance of nurses, one of the many, many ways they are important:
A HERO nurse who rumbled the “Angel of Death” killing spree has potentially saved scores of patients’ lives.
---
She conducted extra tests which are not routinely carried out to monitor the variations and, after growing suspicious, the unnamed nurse raised the alarm.
---
A doctor who works at the hospital said of the mystery nurse: “She deserves the utmost credit. What has happened is such a hard thing to detect.

“It is such an easy way to kill someone because people’s blood sugar can go up and down.

“Occasionally people die. It is nothing out of the ordinary.”
---
an unattributed quote there, true, but one that doesn't stretch the truth a bit; more at Daily Star link above

Wow ..I will never understand a nurse taking the oath to heal and then doing this ..and it happens every few years that a nurse is actually caught
Betting though it is more common than we think

Wow she really is a cute little thing ...looks can be deceiving

Her FB w/open wall (go figure). I'm sure if will be locked down soon:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=533118996

Looks like she worked nights -- nice and quiet during that time.

Becki Leighton - June 27th
Has really made a bad choice in booking this week off and working nites of over time.

If you read her posts, it doesn't sound like she really liked her job, or maybe it was the schedule.

NHSStaff Nurse
god it hard work x

About Becki Well what can i say, im a happy go lucky kinda gal, loves the wkend (if im not workin) and having a laugh with the people that i call freinds for a reason x

Her FB w/open wall (go figure). I'm sure if will be locked down soon:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=533118996

Looks like she worked nights -- nice and quiet during that time.

Becki Leighton - June 27th
Has really made a bad choice in booking this week off and working nites of over time.

If you read her posts, it doesn't sound like she really liked her job, or maybe it was the schedule.

NHSStaff Nurse
god it hard work x

About Becki Well what can i say, im a happy go lucky kinda gal, loves the wkend (if im not workin) and having a laugh with the people that i call freinds for a reason x

That baby's got her sussed...

When Nurses Kill
There's nothing more counterintuitive than the idea of a nurse killing a patient - on purpose. The notion of a bedside provider easing a suffering patient into euthanasia may be morally abhorrent to some, but there is at least a motivation of compassion in the deed. But imagine, if you will, the idea of a nurse intent on inflicting bodily harm and death on sometimes fully defenseless patients. It is an idea that passes all understanding.
---
the rest of the article at link above

I am wondering if these patients were terminal and someone helped them
out like Dr. K???

I am wondering if these patients were terminal and someone helped them
out like Dr. K???

I don't know this kid (and yes, I think she's a kid), but by reading her posts, I don't even think she holds the concept of "helping" terminal patients. She's interested in work, sleep, and booze. I don't see any compassion for anyone in her posts.

Maybe she was bored on her night shifts, and just wanted to see some action. Though I think her tracks would be pretty quick to trace if she worked nights in a hospital.

I'm also curious as to the rooms where the patients die. If you've been in a NHS hospital, you rarely see single rooms. My MIL was in a room with 10 other patients. A very different system from the US -- unless they were in a private hospital.

In short, if she killed these patients, it should be pretty easy to track.

MOO

Mel

When abuse occurs in care homes there is usually more than one culprit. A certain ideology allows these so called caring staff to work together and carry on the abuse until someone down the line blows the whistle.

In this case it could well be the same. If there is more than one or two culprits then it is very scary to think this is happening not only in care homes but hospitals as well.

All the bravado of her many different and some objectible images shows a confidence that maybe she and others think they can get away with it.

What does this tell us if it is two or three, why would they all need to do this to patients, what are their motives and who is behind them in these crimes, they cannot say it is love that matters, this is everything else ,but not love.

Police in the first place said Shipman was innocent. I don't think there will be a cover up this time they seem to be going all out for it. Yes, and going on more than we think.

Of course, could be totally wrong on all counts.

I see Stepping Hill hospital had a management meeting yesterday, if there are 286 or more deaths because of this then all management should be sacked, it might have been going on for years.

Quote Greater Manchester Police's major incident team is focusing its investigation on deaths that happened from July 7 onwards. But it will review previous deaths at the hospital, if new information comes to light.
I wonder what information they now have to further investigate back three years, when did RL start her job at that hospital.

George Keep is now eliminated from their enquires. Must be terrible for relatives not really knowing because maybe they can't find enough evidence in one or two cases to link to the crimes.

Expected behavior, par for the course, the looking into each and every possibility, though I
suspect the number of fatalities at hand will stand - God, I hope so. Mind-boggling, that 286.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back