UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #35

I'm not sure, tbh. I think it was just part of her compulsive personality. She kept hundreds. I think she had a psychological need to hoard them.
The reason I think she looked over those handovers at night is because she seemed very 'prepared' during sudden opportunities that popped up. By looking over the sheets she could see info about the other babies in the unit---what they suffered from, what treatments they were receiving.

One of the babies that was poisoned by insulin WAS given insulin in the first days, IIRC. So she probably felt more comfortable using that technique on that specific child.

Other babies were attacked within minutes of a parent or caretaker leaving the floor. She had to have already KNOWN each baby's medical history, etc, in order to take advantage of those opportunities. She also knew which babies had already lost their twin, which she then fixated on. :mad:

The details of her bid cannot currently be reported for legal reasons.

However, at the outset of the hearing, Dame Victoria Sharp said it could be reported that Letby is attempting to challenge her convictions on four grounds, which involve arguments the judge at her trial wrongly refused legal applications made during her trial.

Lawyers for the former nurse, 34, are renewing efforts to bring an appeal before a panel of three judges.

Ah, the same wonderful individual who has been graffitiing "Lucy Letby is innocent" around Glasgow

View attachment 498744

MSM Article: Glasgow graffiti supports evil baby killer Lucy Letby

Not sure if Twitter link is allowed, will remove if not, but she publicly admits to it being her:
That person is utterly deluded and their Twitter post is exactly like every other conspira-loon argument the world over; the arrogance, the insinuation that they are more clever and better educated than everyone who disagrees with them, that they have some special insight into the reality of what they speak. I could go on.

All whilst offering absolutely zero evidence to back up their statements, of course.

I'm always in two minds as to whether people who push this sort on nonsense actually believe it or whether they just do it to get a rise out of others and place themselves in the spotlight. It's like the flat earthers - watched a documentary on them the other week. When you actually listen to them speak they present themselves as so completely convinced of the rightness of their version of the story and reject absolutely everything that they don't agree with even to the point of their position being contrary to the laws of physics that it makes me genuinely wonder if they are mentally ill. How does someone who apparently holds beliefs about fundamental facts of science that are clearly and obviously and provably wrong manage to get through life?

In the case of LL, how could anyone who has spent even the briefest amount of time looking at what went on in court (which this person probably hasn't) possibly believe that she's wrongly convicted? It's staggering, quite frankly, and more than a little bit worrying, tbh.

As far as the retrial for attempted murder of baby K, I still cannot get my head round why they are bothering. She's never getting out anyway so what's the point? Is there some particular legal point they are trying to make or clarify, I wonder? What makes them think they'll get a conviction this time if they didn't last time?

The retrial on Baby K has always surprised me tbh - I thought the evidence was stronger on some other babies but hey I’m not the CPS.
It will be interesting ( if you can use that word here under the circumstances ) if we are going to see further arrests and charges in due course.
JMO

As far as the retrial for attempted murder of baby K, I still cannot get my head round why they are bothering. She's never getting out anyway so what's the point? Is there some particular legal point they are trying to make or clarify, I wonder? What makes them think they'll get a conviction this time if they didn't last time?
I'm wondering if those particular parents may have pushed harder for a retrial, than perhaps others, who may have wanted to move on and accept it the way it was?

That person is utterly deluded and their Twitter post is exactly like every other conspira-loon argument the world over; the arrogance, the insinuation that they are more clever and better educated than everyone who disagrees with them, that they have some special insight into the reality of what they speak. I could go on.

All whilst offering absolutely zero evidence to back up their statements, of course.

I'm always in two minds as to whether people who push this sort on nonsense actually believe it or whether they just do it to get a rise out of others and place themselves in the spotlight. It's like the flat earthers - watched a documentary on them the other week. When you actually listen to them speak they present themselves as so completely convinced of the rightness of their version of the story and reject absolutely everything that they don't agree with even to the point of their position being contrary to the laws of physics that it makes me genuinely wonder if they are mentally ill. How does someone who apparently holds beliefs about fundamental facts of science that are clearly and obviously and provably wrong manage to get through life?

In the case of LL, how could anyone who has spent even the briefest amount of time looking at what went on in court (which this person probably hasn't) possibly believe that she's wrongly convicted? It's staggering, quite frankly, and more than a little bit worrying, tbh.
I read that this particular person, on her twitter account, has said that she was once falsely accused of trying to harm a patient, and that's why she is on this crusade. I don't know if she was being accurate or fully truthful but it is interesting, imo.

I'm wondering if those particular parents may have pushed harder for a retrial, than perhaps others, who may have wanted to move on and accept it the way it was?
That won't have had any effect on a decision to re-try, tbh. The CPS are bound by the law and the codes of practice. Veering from the two basic criteria of, a realistic prospect of a conviction and that of is the charge in the public interest will end up getting sticky for them. Those are the only two things they should consider. Having said that, I'm assuming here that the same criteria apply to a re-trial as I can't see how it could differ.

I'm puzzled as to how they arrive at the decision to re-try if those are the criteria to be applied. The first surely must be considered in the light of the fact that they have already failed to get a conviction once. Perhaps, however, they have new evidence that they think leans towards conviction? Then again, I'm not sure what the rules are on introducing new evidence in a re-trial.

But, even if they have reason to believe that there is even a strong prospect of a conviction, then how to do they meet the second test, that of public interest? She's been convicted of multiple heinous crimes and is never getting out so another conviction on top of those convictions seems to serve no public benefit - she can't be punished any more than she already is being and there is no issue of public protection. Indeed, it's reasonable to see it as a detriment to the public interest as it is going to cost lost of money and tie up the courts.

All very curious, if you ask me.

Today Dame Victoria Sharp, president of the King's bench division of the High Court, said she and her two colleagues would be reserving their decision until a later unspecified date.

Today Dame Victoria Sharp, president of the King's bench division of the High Court, said she and her two colleagues would be reserving their decision until a later unspecified date.

A date after her current re-trial, one presumes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back