UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #35

The same barrister expressed similar views back in August:

Referring to the restrictions, prominent barrister Geoffrey Robertson KC told The Daily Telegraph this week: “Open justice is the most sacred of all British legal traditions, yet in this case it was abandoned because witnesses and victims said they felt discomfort about being identified.”

The article also gives the reasons that medical staff gave in their applications:

What reasons did hospital staff give in applications for anonymity?

The Telegraph reported that one of the staff, whose testimony was attributed in coverage to “Doctor A”, had argued he “suffered from severe anxiety for four years and believed he would struggle to give clear and accurate answers in court if his true identity was revealed”. In addition, his son and daughter were doing their GCSEs and A-levels respectively and had not been aware of his involvement in the case.

One consultant who was granted anonymity said she had struggled with anxiety and depression and that she had lost her own child at the Countess of Chester Hospital, according to The Telegraph. Another consultant told the court she also had a history of anxiety and depression, and that she had previously given evidence in a child homicide case and the process had been traumatising.

A nurse given anonymity had argued it would be difficult to manage her mental health during the trial, and a second said she had been suffering from a low mood since the inquiry started and could need to take time off work if she were named.

In addition, his son and daughter were doing their GCSEs and A-levels respectively and had not been aware of his involvement in the case.

That's a hell of a thing to keep from your kids for so many years! I wonder if his wife knows?

Hang on, I didnt know this (12.05 minutes) on the second video

She says the Morrisons bag would've gone under her bed around 20 June 2016 when she replaced it with the Ibiza bag as her work bag.

But then Johnson reveals that the Morrisons bag contained 31 handover sheets dated from July 2014, then from April 2015 through to June 2016. Why on earth did the bag she was using as a work bag in 2016 have a handover sheet from July 2014 in it? :confused:

Hang on, I didnt know this (12.05 minutes) on the second video

She says the Morrisons bag would've gone under her bed around 20 June 2016 when she replaced it with the Ibiza bag as her work bag.

But then Johnson reveals that the Morrisons bag contained 31 handover sheets dated from July 2014, then from April 2015 through to June 2016. Why on earth did the bag she was using as a work bag in 2016 have a handover sheet from July 2014 in it? :confused:

Why indeed. There is no chance whatsoever that she didn't know they were there IMO. But it's saying that those handover sheets were insignificant that really gets me.

Hey friends---I have not been to this thread for quite awhile---odd since I was here everyday for quite awhile.

Anyway, is the appeals hearing happening now? I guess I better go to
@CS2C channel and check?

Hey friends---I have not been to this thread for quite awhile---odd since I was here everyday for quite awhile.

Anyway, is the appeals hearing happening now? I guess I better go to
@CS2C channel and check?
Oh, here is what I was looking for---thank you Parker Knoll.

"Lucy Letby's bid to challenge her convictions is due to be considered by the Court of Appeal at a hearing in April.

The child serial killer nurse will ask senior judges for permission to bring an appeal against all her convictions at the hearing in London provisionally listed for April 25, a judiciary spokeswoman confirmed on Friday. The 34-year-old had an initial application to take forward her challenge refused by a single judge without a hearing last month.

But she is able to renew her efforts before a panel of three judges at the hearing in nine weeks' time. If judges again decline to give permission, it will mark the end of the appeal process for Letby."

Lucy Letby update as child killer's appeal hearing set
Lucy Letby update as child killer's appeal hearing set

Date for the diary !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member