UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #35

ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread to discuss the trial only. It is not a general discussion thread.

Although WS is based in the USA, we do try to manage the various discussions according to laws of other countries.

As this trial is in the UK, the case is under sub judice so please stick to discussing the trial content without posting anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:

Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember that WS copyright rules and copyright law require that images have a link to the original source to give credit to the source.

Also, Mods not only have to edit the OP to remove unsourced pics, they then have have to go through all subsequent pages and posts to edit where the post has been requoted by others. OR we can remove the entire post and all responses and response to responses.

All we ask is that members ensure a link is provided. It takes only a moment for the members but takes WS staff a lot of time to fix if the link is not included.

"Outrage after serial killer nurse Lucy Letby

is moved to 'cushy jail'

with her own private en-suite bathroom, phone and TV because of 'who she is'.

1701342385571.png

• Letby is serving a whole life sentence for murdering seven babies
  • The 33-year-old is yet to get a prison job and is being treated with 'kid gloves'
  • Fellow inmates who have earned more rights infuriated with former nurse"

Last edited:
"The Nursing and Midwifery Council has listed a two-day hearing to decide if Letby should be removed from the register on December 12 in London."

Is there going to be any testimony or evidence saying NO, she should not be removed from the nursing registry? :oops:

Is there going to be any testimony or evidence saying NO, she should not be removed from the nursing registry? :oops:
There is due process here, too. I don't think there will be any reason why she isn't struck off, but there is procedure that must be followed. It's a disciplinary thing, and should she win out on appeal of her sentences, having this bit done right is important. We don't want her walking into a hospital and getting a job in that scenario.

MOO

"The Nursing and Midwifery Council has listed a two-day hearing to decide if Letby should be removed from the register on December 12 in London."

Okay, I get the whole "due process" thing but, come on, two days for this? Really?

Is it actually the case that her hearing is going to last a full two days or is it a couple of days over which several people's hearings are scheduled for?

I suppose it's understandable if they intend to discuss every case she was charged with (even the not guilty/couldn't reach a verdict ones) but, again, is that really necessary? Being convicted of a single murder is more than enough for a person to be struck-off, one would imagine?

Yeah
I thought it was obvious that a nurse who was convicted of murdering patients would be struck off from whatever register :confused:
By default.

JMO
Yes, and even if she wins her appeals somehow, she's already admitted breaking other rules; like lying on observation notes, using her cell phone to text friends while in the nurseries, and carrying on with a married doctor who was sending her private emails from other doctors, and asking a grieving family to drop their dying baby in the 'basket' before the baby had even passed.

...and other things I don't remember right now.

She ticked “yes” to each of the charges but added: “I do not wish to take part or be present at the hearing. I do not resist the application to strike me off the nursing register.

"Child serial killer Lucy Letby does not oppose a bid to strike her off the nursing register

but maintains her innocence,

a panel has been told.

A Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) hearing was told she had stated in a' tick-box exercise'
that she accepted the organisation's charges against her.

However, she added that she did not accept she was 'guilty' of them.

'I accept the fact of the convictions.
However, I do not accept that I am guilty of any of the allegations'.

The panel was told she also stated that she maintained her
'innocence in respect of all of the convictions',
adding:
'These convictions are now the subject of an appeal'.

Mr Scott said he would be seeking to have the panel, which decided to proceed in Letby's absence, strike her off the nursing register.
It will deliver its decision later."

An absolute waste of time and money to go through this charade. She should have been automatically struck off. She's already cost the British taxpayer millions and dragged this out to the detriment of the parents. Enough already!

An absolute waste of time and money to go through this charade. She should have been automatically struck off. She's already cost the British taxpayer millions and dragged this out to the detriment of the parents. Enough already!
I can totally understand why they've gone through this, though. It's simply the case that if they hadn't then she wouldn't have been legally struck off.

No other way of doing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back