GUILTY UK - Paige Doherty, 15, Clydebank, 19 March 2016

Thank you JerricaBenton. I have spent many hours as a silent member of Websleuths, I really admire all the time and effort that people put into this forum.

There is a lot of sadness tonight in the area for whomever it may be that has been found, however there are also people eager to know the circumstances of the death.

Glad you've joined us GlasgowGirl86, sorry it's under such circumstances :grouphug:

New article with a few more details http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-paige-doherty-15-7604371#5YUI0qYdT1CpyWiG.97

"But the situation took a sinister twist yesterday when it was revealed that a body had been found near a bus stop where the schoolgirl was headed for on Saturday."

ok so it looks like Paige may have headed for a different bus stop - back to the map for me

I am not sure what bus stop is being referred to as I am very sure there are no bus stops on that stretch of Great Western Rd. The only bus stop I can think of near that spot is the one on Kirkoswald Drive...I will check what buses go from there.

I am not sure what bus stop is being referred to as I am very sure there are no bus stops on that stretch of Great Western Rd. The only bus stop I can think of near that spot is the one on Kirkoswald Drive...I will check what buses go from there.
I'm sure you're right. I live in the south side of Glasgow and went to a party at the kids golf place. That morning I had car trouble so got a bus and there wasn't a stop in that stretch of the road. I think I got a 60 from the City Centre and it was 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the golf place.

Ugh. I hope this young girl is somewhere and not the body that was found.
It was such a short time from going missing to the body found. I do wonder if the police have an idea of who it is.
My heart breaks for the family.

Hadn't heard of this case (please try to put things on the UK thread so it flags up for us all who are subbed to it!) and have only one thing to add at the mo:

Her missing poster says she's 4'8" - that is TINY for a 15 year old. It's 140cm, my average height 8 year old is 130cm and some of his classmates are taller.

EDIT: just found her FB https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011474744594&sk=photos and there are only two photos. One is with a friend who looks similar age bit towers above Paige. She clearly is very small and would look younger than her age. Bless her.

The media won't drop the association between Paige missing and the body found today - think they have made up their minds, how utterly horrible for Paige's family

From the above link:

Following the discovery, however, it emerged that detectives from Police Scotland’s major investigations unit, which handles serious crimes including murder, had been in touch with Mrs Munro.

So sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribing.

Great work on the map purple :thumb:

Not looking good is it? :(

Hadn't heard of this case (please try to put things on the UK thread so it flags up for us all who are subbed to it!) and have only one thing to add at the mo:

Her missing poster says she's 4'8" - that is TINY for a 15 year old. It's 140cm, my average height 8 year old is 130cm and some of his classmates are taller.

EDIT: just found her FB https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011474744594&sk=photos and there are only two photos. One is with a friend who looks similar age bit towers above Paige. She clearly is very small and would look younger than her age. Bless her.

My oldest girl was about 4'9" until she hit 17 and grew a whole 2" ..she's 23 and only 4'11"..she gets carded everywhere because she still looks like she's a young teen.

The media won't drop the association between Paige missing and the body found today - think they have made up their minds, how utterly horrible for Paige's family

I agree, either way, someone has lost a loved one 😕

Poor poor girl. Police Scotland are now treating it as murder investigation.

I live in Edinburgh but again it is too close to home.

RIp beautiful girl.

image.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname